main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who trained palpatine

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chewbacca of Kashyyyk, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    Anybody have any ideas?

CoK placed this question in TPM section and it quickly became a flame war between people who wanted to answer the question and people who were not happy that an EU name (Exar Kun, I believe)was mentioned in their forum.

Reminds me of a line by a favorite Gungan....so good being home.

Even makes DL feel like a nice worn shoe as a moderator.

So who trained Palpy?

2. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    I'd hazard a guess at Darth Bane.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Palpatine could be self-taught by the Dark Side itself - a sort of Dark Side Savant. It give weight to his DE claims of "I AM the Dark Side." He could have been a "virgin birth" with the seed being the Dark Side itself - the physical avatar of the Dark Side.

After all, would there be anyone good enough to "train" Palpatine to be evil? He always could have been a Master and required no training by another.

I don't think they've told us or even alluded it to us yet.

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm guessing that there'll be stories on this after EIII. I'd also guess that Palpatine murdered his master because he was ambitious and wanted to be master and have his own apprentice.

5. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Genghis makes an interesting point. Perhaps Palpatine and Ankin are both Chosen Ones of their respective sides of the Force.

And when both of these vergences combined, that spelt the end of the Jedi.

6. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    You can speculate all you want, but I think we can all agree that this woould be an excellent topic for future books or comics.

7. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't even have a guess, but I wanted to say good question.

8. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Nov 17, 1999
    It is assumed that he had to have been the Apprentice of someone to continue to Sith tradition of only two.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Heck, maybe he literally is the Dark Side-all of the hate and evil and other nasty unpleasant slimy emotions out there made into a physical form. His powers and sheer malice suggest that to me.

10. Gimli_the_Horrible

Gimli_the_Horrible Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2001
    Aaarrroooo der RrrraaaoooWWW!!!
    (translated from Viking: No Message)

11. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    well we have seen evidence of very strong force-sensitive youths "developing" or "using" their abilities without any formal training. We see Anakin's quick reflexes and ability to pod race, Kyp also has shown some of those talents. palpatine may have been the same. a freak outburst of ability.

I think it is possible that maybe palpy was a very pissed off and angry youth who one day had a incredible emotional outburst and somehow sparked something. Maybe he was being bullied by someone or beat up when he was young and just lost it and force-pushes the person away. From that point on he could then self-train to a point through mediation and exertion.

i dont think i have done a good job at all explaining my theory but i think you get the point.

12. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Nov 17, 1999
    All these are for sure possibilities, CoK would love to find out the answer to this one.....great story possibilites

13. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't think he'll end up being the "anti-chosen one." Most likely he was just following the master apprentice tradition as it had been for the last thousand years, and his master either died or he murdered him. Remember, in the Darth Maul journal there's some kind of Sith library/archive, and since he knows where that is it implies that his master showed him, who was shown by his master, etc.

14. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Gimli_the_Horrible said...
    "CoK...
    I disagree. Palpatine may have slain the reigning Sith Master and taken on the existing Sith Apprentice as his own Sith Apprentice.

Example (feel free to use any Sith names you wish):
    Darth Sidious has an apprentice, Darth Vader.
    Cos Palpatine, given "divine" direction by the Dark Side itself destroys Darth Sidious. He becomes the new Sith Master to Darth Vader.

Or, perhaps he even destroyed both of the Sith at the time so that he could have his own Sith Apprentice of his choosing.

Palpatine doesn't necessarily need to have a living, breathing master if his master was the Dark Side itself.
    "

Damnjit, I hate it when I fjorget to turn off my Viking Sock and kjeep posting with hjim.

15. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Yes, I feel that books and comics need to be published to answer this. He could be like Ghenghis said a "Dark Side Savant" but created from the "Dark Side" midi-chlorians. If there are "good" midi-chlorians, then there has to be "bad" ones as well? Or is it just what the person does with the midi-chlorians all that matters? I feel that he carried on the tradition of one Master and one Apprentice that Bane started. Which, if that was only known to Bane, then how did that tradition come to the Jedi's knowledge? Hmmmmm, maybe a Jedi, a few hundred years before TPM, was seduced by a DLOTS but turned back to the light........

16. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Sidious's master was very likely also a politician.

Palpatine was trained in the dark side and politcs. For 1000 years the Sith have been preparing, and what better (and important) place to set the stage than in the political arena.

17. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    There is absolutely no evidence that HIM The Emperor's given name is Cos.

18. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    It's possible that he may have initially trained himself, via ancient scrolls and other artifacts.

19. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Naah. The dude was trained by somebody... there are always, always always two Sith. Why tell us all the stories about the survivors of the old wars between the force attuned doing this if not to put the storyline into practice later?

20. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Speaks well he does. Always two there are; no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.

21. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i thought that in the Journal of the Whills or some other old and out of date source Palpy was fully named as Da**** Palpatine with CoS as his title: Chief of State...or some other similar title...

22. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I was talking about this too a little bit ago. I think it is possible that the Sith Where wiped out 1000 years before TPM and Palpatine stumbled on some sith teachings in a manual or something. I think he could be the first person to become a sith in a long time. Maybe he came across a sith Spirit like the one trapped on Yaven 4. If he was strong in the force and was already dabbling in the dark side then he may have been drawn to it.

23. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Two words: Internet Courses

24. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    I like the idea that he is the living personification of the Dark Side. Other than personal preference, I dont think anybody knows the answer.

25. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Only George Lucas Knows the answer to that one.

I really don't have a clue. ?[face_plain]

This is a very interesting question, BTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.