main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Who uses what amp in their bucket?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DirtyOx, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyOx

DirtyOx Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    Looking at putting an amp system in my armor cause not having one stinks. Found on Ebay but I don't know which is better: Triktoys or ROM FX? Also, I just want to know what everyone else is using.

2. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I've got that discontinued black Radio Shack one... removed the circuit board and mounted it in the bucket and hooked it to some aerator speakers (like the Skullworks)... like it a lot... it was cheaper than skullworks, but probably not easier!

but the TriK looks pretty nice, has the "cut off static" noise built in, and it is cheap! And the sell inexpensive aerators with speakers in them there, too.

3. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Skullworks Baby, all in the bucket.... Amp,fans,speakers are in the aerator,switchs,mike very clean and out of the way. priced the parts around the net and town came to $120.00, Skullworks $145.00 thats with shipping all wire are in a black conduit and there are two battery boxes 9 volt on the side for the amp ,fans.

4. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I would say the Triktoys, everything I have ever gotten from them has been very high quality.

5. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I like the hyperdyne amp. I have heard it next to others and I think it sounds better,

6. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    yeah, but isn't it $250?

7. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Umm, it look like Jim has one for 155,185 and 435.

Here is his site: http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/home.php

or you could PM him on these boards or the MG boards, with questions or stuff like that.

EDIT: hit enter to early

8. DirtyOx

DirtyOx Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    thanks all for the help. went ahead with the triktoys aerator speaker/amp/mic combo, came to 120ish which was cheaper than some of the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.