main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Wants A Meaningless Title?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 10, 2004.

?

Who Wants A Meaningless Title?

Poll closed May 20, 2004.
  1. Yes I want a CUSTOME title (ie: "Guardian of the Mullet ")

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Yes, but keep it simple (ie: Jedi Knight Of Cleveland)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, Reserve it Only For Councle Member

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
  2. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I've been thinking, we should all have a title (I voted for custome). Even if under our names it says what fanforce we belong to. I myself wouldn't mind having Jedi Knight Of Cleveland under my name for when I post in other threads they can see it.

Or we could have it that only member who have been a member for over a year get a title...

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    NO, and we've had this discussion before...not everyone in a FF chapter needs/can have titles.

The 5 JEDI COUNCIL members...plus our 3 "jedi Master" officers (Emily, Candii, and DVR) That's plenty, cosidering last time we looked...this group has (at most) 27 members.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    There are plenty of people on the JC who already think that FF people have too many titles. Not that I care about that, but it does kind of trivialize the titles of those who actually do a lot of work for the FF for every member to get a title. They should be reserved for special positions.

I use my sig to advertise all my FFs, which serves about the same purpose as a generic JKOC title would. :)

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    NO.

Speaking on behalf of the council, and as Policy Councillor myself, we have this set in stone that the only people with such titles are those in the actual council. This helps see who is running what job in the JKOC and helps members find the right person to go to for questions and such. Therefore the "titles" we have are for information, not for entertainment. Sorry Jon. As much as we all would love to have our own personal titles, I can't bend the rules for just one person, movie star or not :p

If you want to promote being a member in the JKOC, I'd imagine the most practical way would be through signature.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    movie star or not

I wouldn't go that far... ;)

And I consied, please lock the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.