main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who wants a willow extended edition?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by monkey_abbot, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    ME!!

I've been reading up on all the known deleted/extended scenes here and i am thoroughly excited! if only ron and gl would make an extended edition - or even include the deleted scenes in a Collectors editon dvd or something. Some of them sound fantastic!

OOO yeah - Willow Extended Editon

I'd definatley pay for that :D

2. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
  3. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I was aware of some of those scenes but nopt all of them. This being a Lucasfilm production I doubt we'll see one. But who knows, now Dark Crystal and Labyrinth (next Tuesday) got Collector's Editions released.

4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    That'd be awesome!

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I would only be interested in an extended edition of "Willow" if these extended/deleted scenes were edited into the movie itself (like some of the scenes on the DVD for Episode 1). I watch quite a few films on DVD, and I have to say that watching the deleted/extended scenes separately from the film is not worth it - these scenes are usually of poor quality, without the score and they're usually not that impressive.
    Also, many extended/deleted scenes are cut for a reason; they usually are cut because they slow the pace of the film or are extraneous.
    However, in some cases a movie with added/extended scenes edited back into the film work superbly - two recent cases are "Amadeus: The Director's Cut" (20 additional minutes) and "Apocalypse Now Redux" (approximately 50 additional minutes) - both work very well, and IMHO are improvements over the original versions of the film.

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    The other ones I like are the Abyss extended (something like close to 30 min. of new footage) and Aliens extended (something like 20 min?). The problem would be if they don't think they'll sell enough of these DVDs then why spend the time to color time them?

Yes I agree sometimes sequences are not necessary but it's a matter of taste. Some might like stuff in even if doesn;t add anything while others might hate it.

7. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I completely agree - the director's cuts w/extended scenes in "Aliens" and "The Abyss" are fantastic, as is the director's cut of the first "Alien" film that came out last October/November. "Alien" had only about 5-10 minutes of additional footage, but it was very effective.
    Again, if the additional footage is seamlessly woven into the film itself, and if the quality of this additional film is equal to the quality of the rest of the film, you can't really tell the difference.

Just for an example, I would really like to see a Director's cut of "Star Wars: A New Hope" with the Toschi station/Biggs Darklighter scenes added into the film itself, but I doubt that will ever happen; for one thing, I think that that footage is probably not in really good shape, plus, according to Lucas, it disrupts the "flow" of the film. However, I feel it would add to the characterization, and would make the death of Biggs Darklighter at the end of the film all the more tragic.

8. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Who wants a willow extended edition?

I do!

9. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I love Willow. That would be awesome!

10. Burglekutt

Burglekutt Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    I've been waiting for an extended cut, it would certainly find its way on my shelf. I hope the new scenes have some significance or importance, I hope they're arent REALLY bad cutting room floor scenes. Heres to the future of Willow :)

11. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    "Who wants a willow extended edition?"

I Do!!!!!! That would be awesome if there was one.

12. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    I would love to see an extended version of Willow!!!!!!!!! Please make it happen!!!!! :)

13. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Some of these scenes would be great put back into the film, but others need to remain in a deleted scene section, for they would actually mess up the flow of the film. I agree with the commentary that accompanies these scenes on that website! Seeing that this footage exists, I am disappointed that Lucasfilm didn't bother to really give us a special edition when they released the DVD under said banner! I hate that this film tends to get treated like the red headed bastard stepchild of Lucas and Howard these days!

14. Clear_Water

Clear_Water Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2004
    I'd rather have deleted scenes in a Collector's Edition. My CE would have:

Expanded Commentary with Lucas, Howard, Kilmer & Muren

DISC 2

Deleted Scenes
    Conceptual Art Gallery [With all of Moebius's designs]
    Costume Design Gallery [Art + Pics]
    Merchendise Gallery
    Storyboard To Film Comparisons
    Expanded VFX Feature (Prosthetics, Stop Motion, Miniatures, Matte Paintings)
    A Featurette on weapons, armor, horse stunts/riders
    A Featurette on stunts
    Interview With James Horner
    Featurette on sound design
    Interview With Chris Claremont on 'The Shadow War Chronicles' and what that was all about

That's all! Maybe one day it'll happen...*sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.