main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who wants to entire AOTC score to be released?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by dehrian, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm trying to get a general idea of how many people would be interested in signing a petition to get the entire score for AOTC released on CD, rather than the initial one disc edit release. Honestly, I don't expect this to work, but it's important enough to me to at least make the effort.

If you're interested, post here.

2. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I'll sign! I'd prefer a kind of CD set that is very similar to the RCA Victor sets. But if they release a heavily edited single disc version, I'll still buy it for the concert suites that'll obviously be on there.

Overall, I'm VERY interested in this idea.

But come on guys, many of you were saying that you didn't want to keep your original copies of the TPM soundtrack when the UE was released, I kept mine because I enjoyed the track arrangements along with the Duel of the Fates and Anakin's Theme single tracks.

3. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    two words: hell yea

4. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    I definitly think releasing the entire score in its initial release would be a better thing to do.

drax, it's not like the UE doesn't have the concert versions of DOTF or Anakin's theme.

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'd love for the entire score to be released at first, but this rarely happens with a movie with as much music as AOTC.

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ...Or FOTR. :(

7. ManyBothansDied

ManyBothansDied Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    WHOLE SCORE OR NO SCORE!!

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I too would like to have the whole score first.

Maybe 3 discs: First 2: Movie music, disc 3 = concert suites.

Impossible, I know, but... it'd be cool.

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    ...And expensive. I'd just buy the 2 disc set. :)

10. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001

Absolutely!! Sounds good, Dehrian.....

11. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    bright sith; ya, but they're all on the same track on the second last track on Disc 2. Bah!

:p

12. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Aren't we picky? :)

13. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    This is definitely a no-brainer!
    Full score! and NOW!

14. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    If it was a perfect world, it wouldn't have me in it.

;)

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Most of all, I want that little musical analysis booklet that was in the RCA Victor CDs. :) PLEASE!

16. Jenkwombat

Jenkwombat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2001

Yeah. Some "in-depth" liner notes by John Williams, like the ones that came with the 'Star Wars' double LP back in 1977, would be cool....

...unlike those sparce single-page "introductions" by the film's director (which basically just tell us how great the composer is --- as if we didn't know *already*) that seem to come with every CD soundtrack issued these days.

17. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, I'm more worried about all the music being there than about liner notes. After all, we can't expect notes breaking down what cue is matching what's happening on-screen for a film that hasn't even come out yet (as the soundtrack usually comes out before the film), especially when the film's events are supposed to be secret.

Let's just worry about the music, okay?

18. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    Oddly enough, I'm gonna say at first....

No.

For 2 reasons for me:

1. The debacle like we faced with the "Ulimate Edition" of TPM. While better than nothing, it was a butchered score and soured me a little bit on the music of TPM. If I' heard this before the OST, I might have not liked the score as much as I did.

2. Releasing a mixed score with not all the music encourages me to watch the movie more in the theater. Call me crazy, but one of the reasons I went back to see TPM was to hear some of the music that I didn't hear on the OST.

Later on, regardless of the cut or edit, I think they should release a full score maybe six months or a year after the movie is released.

19. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    The debacle like we faced with the "Ulimate Edition" of TPM. While better than nothing, it was a butchered score and soured me a little bit on the music of TPM. If I' heard this before the OST, I might have not liked the score as much as I did.

Apparently, I didn't make myself clear.

The idea for the petition is to get the equivalent to the RCA SE soundtracks: the entire score as JW composed and recorded it, not as it was edited to fit the film, as the TPM UE was.

20. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    *pops head in*

And don't forget the Concert Suites...

:D

21. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I would also love to see a release similar to what we had for the Special Editions. Those were as close to perfect as movie soundtracks could get. A complete, 2-disc set with every note of music in non-chopped form, with an informative booklet. I agree that a 3-disc set, 2 for the movie and 1 for concert suites, would be ideal, but probably cost-prohibitive to manufacture. If the first AOTC release is a 1-disc set, it will likelt follow the same pattern the TPM music did.

22. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    JW only records two concert suites per film. There's no need for a separate disc for those suites. They should easily fit on one of the two discs.

23. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    >>Apparently, I didn't make myself clear.<<

Apparently, I didn't make myself clear.

Ya see, that's why I posted two reasons. Even with reason 1 out the window, I still stand behind reason 2.

24. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I didn't say I was addressing all of your points, Twinkle. Just the one that seemed to actually make sense. If your only reason for not signing the petition is so that you can see the film over and over to experience pieces of music that you couldn't get at home, and that makes sense to you, then by all means, make yourself happy.

If you don't want to sign, no one's holding a blaster to your head.

25. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I'd sign said petition several times, if it were possible. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.