main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Who wants to go to Disney World?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MrShiny, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Walt Disney World recently announced that they are bringing back the full fledged Star Wars Weekends to Disney MGM Studios. Being Disney nuts, Matt Springer and I have offered to plan a trip to this monumentous event. See these sites for more details:
    http://www.mgmstudios.org/sww.html http://swweekends.tripod.com/

Note Natalie Portman will be attending one of the weekends as it stands now!

Now assuming we can agree on one weekend, we could do a big trip and possibly quality for group discounts.

I worked up two scenarios (assuming people want to get the lowest cost)

ON SITE
    Stay at All Star Music (free Disney transportation) $66.64 per person, assuming 4 in room
    Unlimited Hopper Passes (allow you to go basically anytwhere at Disney) $171.47
    Fast food meals (with maybe one sit down meal as a group) $75
    Transfer from airport $27
    Round trip airfare from Chicago $200
    TOTAL PER PERSON: $540.17

OFF SITE
    Stay at non-frills motel about a mile from the gate of WDW: $20.50 per person (assuming 4 in a room)
    3 day one park pass to MGM: $149.10
    Economy rental car: $18.80 (assuming 4 per car)
    Food as above : $75
    Air as above : $200
    TOTAL PER PERSON: $463.40

If we can get 7 or more rooms of people, we could also get discounts with that option (either bringing the price down or more likely getting better reservations for the same price).

$200 is a good estimate for airfare, but of course it does vary.

If you have the time and the gas money, you could of course save by driving down (it takes about 20-24 hours each way).

I'll post a poll to see who would want to go and take it from there! Even if only one person wants to, I'll be happy to plan the trip!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.