Who Wants to help with ESB Revisited?! XD

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Adywan has personally asked for my help in tracking down someone who could POSSIBLY be in ESB Revisited. Don't ask how this happened and yes, the impossible is what I do best... lol (yes, I was a lil too excited before... lol Infinite edits FTW!)

Here's the word directly from Lord Adywan himself:

Does anyone here have a full X-Wing pilots uniform and access to a video camera?

Well if you do then i desperately need someone that could play Luke for a small shot far away in the Hoth battle.

Post your pics on the site :)

------------------------------
    The thing is this has too be the "X-wing" pilot gear when the Rogues are piloting the snow speeders at the Battle of Hoth which is a little different from standard X-wing gear with the thermal jacket cover, and thermal gloves and boots. Otherwise I'd totally jack someone for ejector straps and do this my fierfekking self... LOL. However, I rather see this succeed and help Adywan so I guess... Would anyone in the RL be interested in this? If so... lemme know ASAP and send pics... This is as real as it's gonna get and Revisited is ridiculously AWESOME. XD

Anyone who's seen Revisited knows how awesome it is. *sigh* to be apart of the perfect Star Wars movie... makes me wanna:_| THIS IS NOT A JOKE. I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS. Get back to me ASAP...

PREPARE FOR GROUND ASSUALT!

UPDATES: 12/26/09!
    Things for ESB Revisited

Priority things needed:

-Nothing... :D cos we're that good and got most of it sorted in less than two month. Some odds and ends still but nothing we can't handle. Thanks for all those who've help from the start, you know who you.

Things IP (In Progress):
    -2 pair Hoth Soilder/X-wing gloves: Adywan's on it Rogue Six and our other friend Todd are gonna be Hoth soilders! (yeah I was willing SHARE my gear so other people can be in the shots too... Now...[face_not_talking] Only those that have flown with us from the moment I asked without hesitation may do so.)

-2 pair of Hoth Rebel soilder boots Men?s size 10-10.5 (this is interchanged with the Hoth X-wing boots): Adywan is on it!

-2 (maybe 3) Hoth Rebel solider backpack/vest: Adywan is on it!

-2 White belt that wraps around the vest connecting the backpack as well Adywan is on it!

-2 White blaster holster, was hoping for a DH-17 to go with it but my modded DL-44 will due. Adywan is on it!

-1 X-wing/Snowspeeder jacket (6 yards of Sport nylon acquired?): Czech One is on it

-3 Rebel snow trooper solider gear (scored an awesome deal on Ebay!). Czech One is modding it

-X-wing ejector straps. Thanks Rogue Four, when I gette'm I'll make'em myself

Things we have:
    -Various X-wing pilot stuffs? I think we?re good on all the standard X-wing gear

-Jedi belt with that octagonal buckle and some pouches

-1 set of Hoth-esque goggles (now need one more when I think about...)

-1 Blastech A280 Blaster Rifle (will be ordering 2 more Blastech A-280s)

-Luke Skywalker?s ESB hilt or a hilt of similar shape that dangles w/d-ring (not the covertec)

-X-wing helmet (mine is good enough after I dirty it up with some blast scarring...)

Thing needed by the new year to do the shots:
    -A film crew willing to go up to a snowy location to shot people running around in Hoth gear. Our very own Battle of Hoth! XD Could make a weekend out of it? Ski/snowboard n stuff. =): Our very own Akai Fett and maybe DV79 are prepared for ground assault!

-A HD camera that can film shots at 1080P who can burn DVDs or give up an SD card with all the shots.: Akai Fett is prepared for ground assault!

-A Hoth location (Rebel Troop shots and MAYBE X-wing pilot shots): We have a great lead on this, more news to come! XD

-A blue screen (X-wing pilot shots only): Err... wasn't there one at that museum near the Metreon????

The scenes:

Scene 1: After Luke crashes his snowspeeder into the snow he takes out a walker with a portable harpoon launcher, his lightsaber, and a concussion grenade. The shot Adywan wants is a dista
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, if he's specifically looking for the Hoth X-Wing costume, I'd contact Rob Howes of Sunrider Base, who, incidentally, got to play the Hoth pilot in the new Star Tours 2.0, after Mark Hamill declined wearing his costume. He doesn't look like Luke, but if his face is shown from far away, he could probably loan his costume to someone. One of the stunt guys we worked with for Return of Pink Five actually could pass for Luke.
  3. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Haha, almost makes me wish I had time to sew a thermal jacket. A female Luke would rock [face_dancing]
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Matty can you relay this contact info to me? Also I just received another request:

"If you know or can find anyone that has authentic rebel Hoth trooper uniforms too then i will have almost everything covered. I would need a few people for this one though, so this ones going to be even tougher."

Holy fierfek... what ever he's doing with the Battle of Hoth it's gonna be EPIC!
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey guys, I think we can all say that those of us that have seen SW Revisited ANH think that this is what the "Special Editions" should of been. Trust me, for their time I totally loved the Special Editions, but what Adywan has done pretty much by himself is AMAZINGLY AWESOME. I personally want us to help Adywan for ESB as it'd be an amazing project for SF Fan Force/RL/501st... We can seriously make history and do the impossible and even I as Rogue Leader can't do this alone.

This is insane too... I started a group on Facebook called "Star Wars ANH Revisited should be the OFFICIAL version of ANH" months ago. Then another guy found my group and started the "ESB Revisited" group to promote updates on the project after he found MY group. He apparently is pals with Adywan from OT.com and from there Adywan himself join the ESB group and then as of today he even join MY GROUP! XDDDDDD

When he was asking for help on this I swear this was like our call to action! Adywan lives in the UK and I've suggest he start to work with the London Fan Force for assistance. As we are London's sister city I think we have an obligation to help with this as well. It's so historic, so meaningful, and we can contribute to it! I'm totally down with this... I dunno about everyone else but I am so ALL IN. What do you guys think?? Anyone else wanna make some Star Wars history??

Also, I received word... HE WILL TACKLE THE PREQUELS! He's braver than I thought... ;)
  6. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    PM sent, Ming.

Too bad another Fan Force beat us to having London in being our sister FF group.

But I wouldn't mind having my username in the credits of ESB Revisited.

:-B

If he is doing the prequels, I'd be really impressed if he could replace Yoda in TPM with a CGI version, like ILM did in a few test shots. I'd also like some deleted scenes put in.
  7. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Lies...LIES...LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WAS GREATER THAN The Special Editions.

But in all honesty, that's bold statement and I don't know why I haven't seen these yet.
  8. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh? Someone beat us to it? That's a bs! Geez I didn't know... Anyway, if we can pull this off we can ALL have our screen names or even real names if people want. That's be easy for Adywan to do. :D

Didn't the already replace Yoda in TPM with a CGI Yoda?
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    You should... it's amazing.

Check it out here Erick: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/STAR-WARS-EP-IV-2004-REVISITED-ADYWAN-DVD-9-VERSIONS-NOW-AVAILABLE/topic/5942/

Here's a youtube clip of the redo escape from the Death Star: Hehehehe Heh! (Peter Griffin if you didn't get it... lol)

Here's the ESB Revisited link: http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/STAR-WARS-EP-V-REVISITED-EDITION-ADYWAN-NEW-TRAILER-AVAILABLE-NOW/topic/9060/
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Some new images...
    [image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs020.snc3/12732_1270117430830_1166688197_30844107_5211287_n.jpg]
    New approach to Cloud City... X-wing class.

[image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs020.snc3/12732_1270116150798_1166688197_30844096_6036722_n.jpg]
    I don't think I've seen the Avenger THIS CLEAR...

[image=http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs025.snc3/11236_161621327437_627767437_2673745_6110050_n.jpg]
    Needa going to his doom actually has a Imperial shuttle, now some odd looking weird transport thing.

[image=http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs025.snc3/11236_160439997437_627767437_2663874_4837900_n.jpg]
    Almost there...

[image=http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs025.snc3/11236_160402712437_627767437_2663344_7882829_n.jpg]
    Vader is more Vadery! AND he has a neck again! lol

[image=http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs005.snc3/11236_164104777437_627767437_2704755_4090782_n.jpg]
    Oroooo...
  11. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    DV79,

I have a DVD if you want to burn a copy.
  12. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  13. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ming, did you see what he's NOT doing to ESB:

7. Not adding anything just because its in the Expanded Universe. The EU doesn't exist for the purposes of this edit.

:-B

If he's replacing Boba's voice to the original one, how is he going to do that for the prequels? [face_thinking]
  14. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I sure do like the graphical changes he will make, but he shouldn't restore the original Boba Fett voice because it has been established in star wars canon that Boba Fett has a New Zealander accent.
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I saw that, I honestly don't care if he doesn't add EU stuff in... He is restoring the OG dialouge between Palpy and Vader and made Palpy look was better which makes continuity restored in the dialog over heard in Shadows of the Empire by Xizor. It's not like adding the Outrider to ESB and juggernaut assault vehicles will drive the story any further. More AT-ATs though... HELL YEAH!

I didn't even know about the Prequel thing till he mentioned it yesterday. My guess is that it was a recent decision to tackle the Prequels. Someone can mention this Boba re-retconning thing to him... I could do it but it be awesome if it just more than myself involved here. In other words join Facebook and lend me a hand! lol The more people on point the more we can totally bring this to fruition! AND we'd be the first to view it! XDDDD

[image=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2016/cavesabernew.jpg]

[image=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1398/lambdatake2.jpg]
    Better pic of the Needas shuttle.
  16. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope for ROTJ Revisited that he adds the dancing ewok to the celebration scene!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/33548309#33549454

[face_laugh]
  17. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't make me destroy you.
  18. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    That's not ROTJ Revisited... that's Captain EO Revisited... hahaha...
  19. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I just let Adywan know about that possible discrepancy if he does decide to fully tackle the Prequels and he mod's Boba's voice. Either way I have no issues with either voices. The helmet amplifier is fritzy... who knows. [face_whistling]

[image=http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/904/fixed.jpg]
    Vader has a neck! Better pic. :D
  20. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    If you are on Facebook and wanna see more of ESB Revisited you should join the ESB Revisited group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=316830255423&ref=mf

A bunch of new clips were added today along with split screen shots to compare the 04 DVDs to Revisited. No contest IMO... :p

Are there any Hoth Rebel troopers in Cali? The shot he wants for the troopers is a redo of the shield generators blowing up. He wants them bigger when it goes up so it's another distance shot with troopers running in retreat.
  21. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3

LOL i never noticed how stupid vader looked in the original, how come they never changed it in the "special" editions?

22. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Cos there's no profit in fixing it... The helmet morphing in ESB had actually bothered me for years. In this shot Vader has no neck. When he's going through Echo Base it looked like his helmet looked oddly shorter. Adywan fixed that already too.
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    If you mean the actual troopers in the trenches, then I think that's a "No", and I think there might be a small number total, because not many people like going to conventions in parkas and cold gear.
  24. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah... that's what I figured.
  25. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    There's gonna be at least ONE Hoth Rebel Trooper in California AND IT'S ME! XDDDDDDDDDDD

Boo Yah!

Still need lots of stuff... If you guys help, I'll guarantee your screen name in the ESB: Revisited credits or your real name if you want.

I won't even wish for snow this year or presents under the Christmas tree... just gimme/loan me stuff to make Hoth Rebel X-wing gear and Rebel snow trooper gear. Eventually I need a film crew and a trip to the snow to get these shot! Our very own battle of Hoth! XDDDD This is a small price to pay to become legendary guys! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.