main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Who Wants to help with ESB Revisited?! XD

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I added a blue light onto my DL-44 too! It looks crazy awesome lit!

2. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    [image=http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs119.snc3/16636_233225008956_512393956_4355051_6212446_n.jpg]
    Sneek peak at the Hoth Rebel solider. :D

This is FAR from finished, I need to add the extended stalk on to the Blastch A280 and the tip needs to be black. The vest, backpack, gloves and boots are in progress from Adywan! XD The belt actually needs to be white as is the holster for the gun. Also the gun technically needs to be a Blastech DH-17 but my modded DL-44 will due. The goggles are on the way but needs the correct green/yellow tint which I have an idea on how to make tinted.

The com badge is improvised from my X-wing gear (don't think it actually belongs there but it's a cool lil add for the pic). Also the brown scarf was totally improvised from one of the tabbards on my Jedi gear and it's accurate to the version of the scarf on the Hoth Rebel Trooper figure pictured here:

[image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs099.snc3/16636_221579773956_512393956_4275850_4815542_n.jpg]

Will get at least two other color variations on the scarf that I've seen in reference pictures.

The head peice is actually the wrong color and needs to be tweak or replaced but it's hard to see in this pic

It's actually pretty warm when you have it on! XD

Not bad for a month of scrambling to get gear, equipment, and other stuff... ;) Can't wait to see the backpack and other stuff Ady is working on! XD

3. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    now alls you need to do is work on that mustache

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Err... doesn't get much better than that with the facial hair. lol

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    New updates posted on the front page.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Any contact info (e-mail) for Adywan?

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Ta da! My improvised Luke Hoth pilot - complete with padded neck piece, accurate helmet, leather belt with three pouches, correct chin strap, grey boots with white straps, grey gauntlets, soft underhelmet, and correct backwards flak vest. I'd say its pretty dang good for that long-distance shot of Luke getting up after detroying the walker!

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/IMG_4656.jpg]
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/My%20Costumes/IMG_4657.jpg]

Now where do I audition?

:D

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Umm... dude... if you doing all this stuff then why IN THE BLUE HELL ARE YOU TELLING ME FIERFEKKING NOW?! I've already spend funds and resources on my end getting stuff and since Blu Ray opted out and NOW you want in? No dice man... I'm already committed to do it. You missed the boat dude, sorry.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Gee Matty... I wonder WHY you want Adywan's e-mail now... Looks guys. I openly asked for help before, now this attempt at circumvention and attempt to go over my head is just NOT cool. Next time you wanna help make more of a commitment directly with the person that offered this amazing chance: ME. Not attempt to go behind my back. I'm incredibly pissed now and I do NOT like what I'm seeing...

Furthermore, I came to you guys openly without hiding ANYTHING. The mere fact you want Adywan's contact info NOW is totally telling me something and I do NOT appreciate any of this... Totally not fair or cool.

Actually let's upgrade this: I'm not pissed. I'm enraged... in my book this is open betrayal of trust. Furthermore, the fact that you posted the last piece on Christmas and expect me to check my fire... Are you fierfekking kidding me?! You obviously have failed to realize who you're dealing with.

Congrats wonder twins... you have successfully succeeded in enraging the person who destroyed the last person who attempted betrayal in this club.

Choose your next words carefully... play time is over and I want answers. Any attempt to sweep this under the rug will be met with extreme prejudice and I won't hold back what so ever.

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    PM sent.

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    His name is Ming,you have his number.

This is Ming's project, and if it works or not it's on Ming.

This is not some LFL/501st/RL project it's a personal project that is between Ming and Adywan. Adywan contacted Ming personally on this, so trying to hijack it is just not cool.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Thx Rob. Originally though, I wanted this to be OUR/SFFF's project and for those who did step up from the start and never faltered... I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Interesting story Matty but it still doesn't add up and I don't like the angle it came from... If you truly believe what you say... then where have you guys been for the last 1.5+ months, BOTH of you... lose my phone #? forget how to text? yahoo e-mail die? On no... 'I might get "mad"'! Seriously? Really? That's you're excuse for not coming to me sooner? If that's the case it's a wonder I have as many friends as I do and among those the one you wish to "contact": Adywan...

The credits just don't add up... For my own peace of mind and to restore my own sense of Jedi calm I'm dropping this because I'm also considering the club here. However, now I'm on guard and things can't go back to the way they were... You wanna help and restore confidence here and with me? Then do what you've been doing for the last 1.5 months and stay out of my way... Rogue Squadron and our allies will handle this as we always have.

Those who casted their lots with me without a second thought and without reservations. You know who you are... thank you and prepare for glory. First round is on me when we do the impossible.

14. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    PREPARE FOR GROUND ASSUALT!

UPDATES: 12/26/09!
    Things for ESB Revisited

Priority things needed:

-Nothing... :D cos we're that good and got most of it sorted in less than two month. Some odds and ends still but nothing we can't handle. Thanks for all those who've help from the start, you know who you.

Things IP (In Progress):
    -2 pair Hoth Soilder/X-wing gloves: Adywan's on it Rogue Six and our other friend Todd are gonna be Hoth soilders! (yeah I was willing SHARE my gear so other people can be in the shots too... Now...[face_not_talking] Only those that have flown with us from the moment I asked without hesitation may do so.)

-2 pair of Hoth Rebel soilder boots Men?s size 10-10.5 (this is interchanged with the Hoth X-wing boots): Adywan is on it!

-2 (maybe 3) Hoth Rebel solider backpack/vest: Adywan is on it!

-2 White belt that wraps around the vest connecting the backpack as well Adywan is on it!

-2 White blaster holster, was hoping for a DH-17 to go with it but my modded DL-44 will due. Adywan is on it!

-1 X-wing/Snowspeeder jacket (6 yards of Sport nylon acquired?): Czech One is on it

-3 Rebel snow trooper solider gear (scored an awesome deal on Ebay!). Czech One is modding it

-X-wing ejector straps. Thanks Rogue Four, when I gette'm I'll make'em myself

Things we have:
    -Various X-wing pilot stuffs? I think we?re good on all the standard X-wing gear

-Jedi belt with that octagonal buckle and some pouches

-1 set of Hoth-esque goggles (now need one more when I think about...)

-1 Blastech A280 Blaster Rifle (will be ordering 2 more Blastech A-280s)

-Luke Skywalker?s ESB hilt or a hilt of similar shape that dangles w/d-ring (not the covertec)

-X-wing helmet (mine is good enough after I dirty it up with some blast scarring...)

Thing needed by the new year to do the shots:
    -A film crew willing to go up to a snowy location to shot people running around in Hoth gear. Our very own Battle of Hoth! XD Could make a weekend out of it? Ski/snowboard n stuff. =): Our very own Akai Fett and maybe DV79 are prepared for ground assault!

-A HD camera that can film shots at 1080P who can burn DVDs or give up an SD card with all the shots.: Akai Fett is prepared for ground assault!

-A Hoth location (Rebel Troop shots and MAYBE X-wing pilot shots): We have a great lead on this, more news to come! XD

-A blue screen (X-wing pilot shots only): Err... wasn't there one at that museum near the Metreon????

The scenes:

Scene 1: After Luke crashes his snowspeeder into the snow he takes out a walker with a portable harpoon launcher, his lightsaber, and a concussion grenade. The shot Adywan wants is a distance shot of Luke getting back up and running off again.

Production notes: This scene must be done on blue screen. Adywan is splicing existing footage of the downed walker with the new shot of Luke standing up and running off.

Scene 2: When Blizzard Group?s AT-AT?s are in range of the power generators that protect the base, General Veer target?s them at ?maximum fire power?. The shot is a redo of the shield generator blowing up but this time the camera will be closer to the shield generator as it blows and Rebel troopers are seen retreating.

Production notes: This is our on location shoot in the snow. We have almost 3 Hoth Rebel Soldiers! Rogue Squadron is preparing for ground assault! Adywan has reconstructed the shield generator from scratch and needs a shot of the Rebel troopers fleeing for their lives. Yes, I know? very unSpartan. :p So this whole shot is going to be replaced when the shield generator blows and it will be a more upclose shot and perhaps a troop will fire back as the flee.

Time over Run
    Timing is critical for any production. Adywan would love to have this wrapped this up by the end of Jan but he'll settle for the shots to be done by Feb.

Battle Plan
    I propose we finish getting all the gear by the end of Jan and then do some kind of trip to the sno

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Darn multiple windows...

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Totally hit the wrong button to edit. Ah well...

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    After a lot of thought at this latest issue. I'm withdrawing Revisited as a project for this group. Had I known to begin with it would of come to this I would not have presented here as a symbol of something we can do together but looks like some just want it for themselves. Those who are in SFFF and threw in the support without a second thought prior to this are still in it, no worries there, and we thank you for your support. Oh and Adywan is aware of these actions and has been apprised of the situation. Any further attempts to "suggest" things directly to him will be met with scrutiny at best, it's called the OT.com dude. Get in line like everyone else if you don't want to relay it through me, the one person that actually HAS A DIRECT LINE TO THE GUY. As I said, I hide nothing from friends I trust and who've placed their trust in me. I protect them and my allies which is more than I can say for some...

Oh and one more thing: This was taken from the DNA Lounge thread a couple weeks ago (near photographic memory kinda works like this):

I mentioned this to someone in particular on more than one occasion (and it's not nebelwefer, he's been nothing but awesome in all this)... AND THAT IS WHY YOUR PMed STORY IS UTTER GARBAGE AND HOLDS NO WEIGHT BEHIND YOUR OTHER CLAIMS... Oh and congrats you got your wish... this post is now in the Revisited thread. Heh...

As such let this be the last post here. HOWEVER, if this thread is deleted from the channels of our history... It'll only show what someone(s) is trying to hide (and it's too late as I've copied it to doc file and saved it anyway)... I know what you'd do to counter this and how you'd play it, so don't even try to hide now. I've hidden nothing from my friends/people from the start cos there's never a point to that kind of action unless you have something to lose. It wouldn't even have to continue to be like this at all if certain people were just honest with themselves and the rest of us and just fess up.

Looks like ROTJ:R won't be posted on here either at this rate.

18. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    After 2 days of intense thinking, here is my outlook on the situation:
    Ming has been putting his money, time and heart into this... it's HIS baby, yet he let anyone in who wanted to be there.
    He asked for help for finding Hoth X-Wing pilot gear, and he has run into delays getting it, but he's already committed to it.
    One and a half months later Dale posts on his thread saying "I got my Hoth Costume done before you, where do I sign up?" (paraphrased)
    Even if the costume was improvised and made in the whim of a moment in a weekend, it proves he made a conscious effort to NOT help Ming.
    It doesn't prove he was plotting a take over of filming, but it wasn't very thoughtful of him.

Now on to Matt's posts.

[/quote]

Ming, not to derail a bit, but, I know you have the time to concentrate on this, but I thought you were watching your spending. Hope you aren't sacrificing a lot, financially, that is.

[/quote]

And as for asking for adywans address... On the surface that is a rude request, given that he has appropriate chains for suggestions, and if he wanted fanboy email, he would have posted his email address for everyone to see. But he only gives it out to trusted friends, and I don't think he would appreciate it if Ming handed it out to anyone who asked for it.

Now on to Ming...
    Only Sith deal in absolutes my friend. Some people don't wish to pick sides, so dont be like Sith Anikin and be all "either you're with me or you're my enemy"
    [image=http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050517/050517_lukeAnakin_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg]

The Verdict:

Is it possible the 2 of them were planning on filming the scene themselves and emailing it to Adywan? Yah, i guess it's possible.
    Is it also possible that the 2 forum posts are unrelated? Yes
    Unless you are a jedi knight and can read minds then you will never know for sure, even though a lot of evidence supports it.

I hope everything will be Hunkey Dorey again some day.

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two.
    [image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/david.p.z.888/star_wars/pics/palpatine.jpg]

19. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    This is the best thing you have said all year! And I agree, we can't read minds so we shouldn't try. The involved parties would have to talk to one another to iron it out. I've offered my advise to both Matt and Ming off boards, it's all I can do. The way I understood this project (which I've already told Matt and Ming) is that Ming was given the OK by Adywan to be in charge of filming/production of the re-shoots. Ming is in charge of recruiting and casting. Luke's position has been filled by Ming since his earlier attempt to find someone else to be Luke didn't pan out.

At best I'd say that Dale could have asked Ming to be an alternate/understudy :) If Dale had asked earlier to be Luke then it could have been different, but at this point we all know Ming is clearly committed to getting the costume conversions completed to be Luke. He never said Adywan was taking auditions or looking for others to handle the re-shoot. Done deal.

I can see why Ming is upset (and if Matt and Dale are upset by Ming's reaction, that's understandable too), but lets not let this upset the club as a whole :)

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

Alright... even though I wanted to end the thread with my last statement I guess that was only taken as a suggestion... lol

Let me be CLEAR... There's a time to be diplomatic and then there's a time to just hand out fierfekking verbal @ss whippins... This is the later.

I am utterly sick of the self serving attitudes, this was NOT a whim, this was NOT a "misunderstanding"... If this was to help me from the beginning then where's all the direct lines of communication? Was this for a surprise party? Gee I thought we were filming stuff. LOL auditions... The prerequisite other than having the gear is that you can stand up and run for about 3 seconds. OMG! SO HARD! WE SO NEED A REAL "ACTOR" TO PULL IT OFF... Yeah I saw the utter look in a certain someone's eyes after the DNA Lounge event. The very moment I said 'Blu Ray dropped out and I might have to just do it myself'. Why didn't you say anything then?? EITHER OF YOU... I can fill in the blanks there, cos you guys still had something to lose and it's called being in bed with LFL while at the same time this was still in the realm of impossible so why back a long shot? Until the impossible started to look more and more possible then the need for glory over rode fear of LFL retribution... duh... not that hard to pick apart and analyse... However, let's say they weren't looking for the glory or what not at all... then why did they choose the Hoth X-wing gear to "make". The part that supposedly has the biggest "spotlight"... Gee... yeah... well.. hmmm... Don't piss on us and say it's raining guys...

Furthermore... other OUTSIDE information has come out of the wood work to support what I suspected: that the self serving attitude/ego isn't only here and consideration for everybody else's feelings and needs: meh, whatev... It's not "hearsay", it's not my "imagination"... and even so all I'm saying is they should just FESS UP! Admit the wrongs/ego trips with no excuses... apologize... stay they hell away from ESB Revisited... and we all move on... The END. There's still ROTJ:R in 3 years... maybe this would pass by then... Hmmm... but you know... the current silence is deafening at the moment.

If I was REALLY intent on destroying them utterly why would I even mention a way out or be writing this much. It's when I DON'T write much that you should start being concerned... Cos then you just don't exist in my universe and I consider you an enemy and I have nothing to say to people that don't exist... Even so... trust has been betrayed and I DO NOT TAKE THAT LIGHTLY... Oh and another way to tell I'm at least a lil POed is when there are no emoticons being used... notice the lack of them at the moment...

Kat, I love your attempts at diplomacy, you really are like her Highnessness in the respect. :) lol.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I was at the gym working out some energy/rage and I was focused on this part of the last couple posts: reading people's minds... nope... can't honestly say that I can...

HOWEVER, reading peoples INTENT after many years of seeing them in action/interacting with them directly and especially over the last couple of years... Seeing how they treat people (I DO NOT LIKE WHAT I HEARD FROM EVA ESPECIALLY)... Even now I'm getting MANY other reports concerning actions from other people from OTHER sources outside of SFFF... You really think I like dropping the hammer like this? I wouldn't have done it if I was totally confident in my analysis. I'm no fool...

I'm very good a ferreting out deception... Why? I had to be to survive the first SW club civil war... I even knew Chanel was running ops AGAINST me way back then and I played it cool the whole time. Why? Cos I knew she'd been deceived and so I did nothing to hide stuff from her cos I never had anything to hide to begin with. She eventually knew who was being straight forward and real. Why else would she "defect" and give away all of the enemies dirty tactics at that point (most of which I already figured out anyway). However, it was because she fessed up and had honor and stood against what was really wrong, she became one of my Rogues because she was HONEST, and I forgave her because the deception was not her fault. I actually wonder if Eva has that IM exchange from her old computer... It'd be nice to see again actually...

Anyway, as I mention I have near photographic emotional memory when it comes to most things Star Wars which includes club stuff... I let most stuff go because it's not worth engaging... This... this is utterly crap and I'm calling it because it's NOT JUST AN ISOLATED ISSUE. It's a trend and others have seen it, so it's not just me, and I am sick of it. Once their op was run against me... that was the last straw and that told me everything I needed to know. Diplomacy automatically fails and verbal @ss whippins and repercussion begin.

22. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I think it would help if people spoke with less metaphors.

We are supposed to be adults here, and so far neither has had any direct contact with each other.

EDIT:

And considering what this club has gone through, this should not be happening.

23. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    first of all, there should be a "like" button, similar to facebook's, for tom's and kathy's posts.

second, i feel like that family member who comes around for easter, birthdays and christmas, to find out that my parents have divorced. terrible! please make up you guys, PLEASE. we need you all for this club to work online and offline, your energies are all needed for this to work. you are all good people, and yes we get on each other's nerves now and then, and we all make mistakes, but we must forgive.

let's not ring in 2010 like this.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I've stated the way out for those two. I'm not doing anything more that... which already feels more like forcing apology and confession as is (which obviously makes it less genuine). You guys are right... this SHOULDN'T be happening but it is. I'm NOT apologetic for a fierfekking thing... I just had the guts to call'em out on this latest utter load and this is something WE CAN'T JUST IGNORE ANY LONGER.

25. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Hey guys,

This is a just a quick warning. Please keep things civil and on topic. Personal messages to other members are best kept in private messages and please keep these civil too. I strongly suggest calming down and thinking clearly before posting. Rude/mean remarks will be edited, as will off-topic discussion.
    We can all play nice in here.

Thank you!!

-Yvette :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.