main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Who Wants to Live Forever?- Tahiri songfic (Anakin/Tahiri mentions, Jag/Tahiri pairing)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Author's Notes: This is a song that just seemed to fit Anakin and Tahiri, but while it is a sadder song, it is also a song of letting go. The song was written by Brian May, was sung by Queen, and was on the Highlander soundtrack and the Queen albume It's a King of Magic.

~~

Tahiri stared at the statue that had been built in honor of Anakin Solo's memory. Next to his statue stood one of Chewbacca as well, and Ganner, and Raynar. All those who had been cut down by the Yuuzhan Vong that had been important in the battle that had change things at different times during the war had a statue erected in their memory. She reached down to touch the name plate in front of the statue.

There's no time for us
    There's no place for us
    What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us

"We could have been great," Tahiri murmured, stroking the name plate lovingly. "I loved you. I still do in many ways. We were meant to be I think, but then you left."

Who wants to live forever
    Who wants to live forever....?

Tahiri looked up at the blue and pink sky as the sun rose. She had been out here for hours already she could tell. A small smile crossed her features as she looked at Anakin's memory. "You'd be proud of me," she said. "I overcame so much after you died. Including my own heart and desperation to die."

There's no chance for us
    It's all decided for us
    This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us

"One moment, that's all we had," Tahiri continued, stroking the name plate of the man she had loved with her entire being. "I think in a way Master Irkit knew we had precious time together, but how were we to know it was that short?"

Who wants to live forever?

A solitary tear slid down Tahiri's cheek as she stared past the memorial and out over the horizon. "I didn't know," she murmured.

Who dares to love forever?
    When love must die

"I've learned to love again," Tahiri murmured. She looked down and her left hand touched her swollen belly. The matching rings glittering on her ring finger, catching the early morning rays. "I never thought it would be him. I had thought Jacen for awhile. He wouldn't let me sink into the abyss once he returned." She smiled a bit. "But we all knew that he would find his way back to the woman he loved. Tenel Ka had a son last month. They named him Tene Anakin. Isolder is so proud of his grandson. They intend to have a lot of children, and if they have enough daughters, Tenel Ka plans on allowing whichever of her daughters that wants to become the new Queen Mother once she is gone or that daughter marries to do so."

Her head lowered as a sob caught in her throat. "No matter who I love now, I still miss you so much," she whispered, tears streaking down her cheeks.

But touch my tears with your lips
    Touch my world with your fingertips
    And we can have forever
    And we can love forever
    Forever is our today
    Who wants to live forever?
    Forever is our today

Strong arms slipped around Tahiri's pregnant frame, and a muscular chest pressed against her back. She turned to press a lingering kiss to her husband's lips. Tahiri Fel opened her eyes to look into her husband's green gaze.

"I knew you'd be out here," Jag murmured to his wife. She turned and looked at the memorial, his chin settling on her shoulder and they gazed together.

"I finally found the words to say good-bye," Tahiri said.

"You didn't have to," Jag murmured against her ear, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"I know," Tahiri said. She gave a sad smile. "I'll probably still come out to talk to him. Introduce him to our son?"

"Daughter," Jag said.

Tahiri chuckled. "Our baby," she said. "But you are my life now."

Jag nodded. He kissed her neck and pulled back a bit. "Let's go inside, I want you to take a nap before we meet Jaina and Kyp for breakfast," he said.

Tahiri let him help her rise to her feet. "It's good to have them

2. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Aww . . . that was so sweet. [face_love] It was nice to see Tahiri finally overcome her loss, finally, instead of dwelling on it like in so many other fics and in the professional novels. Great vignette! :D

-duskwings

3. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Yay! Another Jag/Tahiri!! That was SOOO sweet.... you have to write more!

Anna

4. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks duskwings and Anna. Up

5. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hey Jilly. :) This the one you were talking about? It's so sweet. I like it. A lot. :D *Notes mention of Kyp/Jaina :D* Hehehe. More soon!?!

6. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Yeah Mike this was the one. :)

*Notes mention of Kyp/Jaina :D*

But of course... it's me.

~~Jilly

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    the mention of Jaina/Kyp made me shutter but very nice Jag/Tahiri viggie, JD :D

~aeryn

8. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
  9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Aeryn: Yeah I know you aren't into Kyp/Jaina, but it is my pairing choice I prefer. Thanks for reveiwing still. :)

Mike: Thanks for upping, Mike.

~~Jilly

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i actually spotted this earlier that morning but i had to go to school early. how's insanity going? can we expect a new post soon?

~aeryn

11. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Wow, that was great Jilly! The song fit perfectly, especially the last line. :)

12. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Aeryn: Actually I'm not sure when a new post for Insanity will be coming. I hope I can begin working on it again, but with my father passing away, I am so out of it and dealing with so much funeral stuff and family stuff right now that I am fairly incapable of writing anything let alone a fic like Insanity, but I am HOPING that I can do something within the next week once things start to calm down and my mom and I can get back to things being normal.

Jen: Thanks! Glad to see you back, and yeah I just thought this song fit Tahiri so well.

~~Jilly

13. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Up! *sniff* *sniff* :( This is not being read by many. *sniff* *sniff*

~~Jilly

14. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    COME ON PEOPLE, READ! :D

15. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe. Thanks Mike. :)

~~Jilly

16. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  17. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Man I forgot I wrote this the morning my dad died...

hmm....

Up!

~~Jilly

18. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *kicks thread up*

19. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    ok ok ok, it's official, I'm converted.

Not to K/J, don't worry, I'm already that.

I am now officially Jag/Tahiri. Who'd'a'thunk?

-Saber

20. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY! I converted you! :D I'm glad you liked it SaberBlade.

~~Jilly

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  22. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    Yeah, wonderful Jag and Tahiri fic! I think that's one of my new favorite ships. (other than K/J, of course!)

23. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Good songfic, JainaDurron :D Though my stomach was a little weak when you got to the part about Tahiri being married to Jad and pregnant with his ugly child :_|
    I'm not familiar with the song, but the lyrics seemed to fit in well :)
    Another great fic!

24. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    KJJ: I'm glad you like it. :)

YodaKenobi: Thppt! :p I'm still glad you read it though, Wes. The song is on the Queen CD "A King of Magic" and it's also featured in the first Highlander movie and was occasionally used in the Highlander series.

25. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    *prepare for Niagara Falls....sniffle...sniffle*

Waahhhhhhhh!!! :_| *sob sob*

B-E-A-UTIFUL !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.