main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who wants to make an X-Men fan film?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PaJedi, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RivenX3i

RivenX3i Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2004
    Here is an Xmen-esque feature length film (original orgins, settings and characters) I am directing/shooting right now for school

You can download the teaser trailer for 'Divinity' directly here

http://cobraproductions.filmspace.biz/dts.mov

6MB -- RT 01:43

Full trailer will be up in about 2 weeks

ps Good luck on your film as well, def lookin forward to it.

**Also, dont let funding hold you back. All of this was done for less than $200 (mini dv tapes), prob $300 when we finish shooting. Everyone in this film are all friends of mine who are helping me out tremendously. I was only provided a cheapy tripod with wheels and a mic from my University. So if you can imagine it, there are always ways around money.**

2. jra111

jra111 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    Looks good. What camera did you use ?

3. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I love the shot of the guy getting smacked and sent flying.

It looks like an easy effect to do, but it was sold well.

4. RivenX3i

RivenX3i Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2004
    Hey thanks guys. I use a DVX100a. Film should be out in about 2-3 months!

5. larryfilmmaker

larryfilmmaker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2006
    Amen. Personally, I think the best material I've ever read w/ X-Men comics that would do great in movie format revolved around the Summers family. With Cyke as main character, Gray as the foundation (post-Phoenix), Havok as jealous, Wolvie trying to steal Cyke's girl, wants-out-of-the-shadow of Cyclops younger brother, young or old Cable and Rachel, the parents/plane death scene, the mystery of the third Summers brother (Gambit?), and Sinister/Apocalypse's obsession with Cyclops and the gang... there is so much amazing material to use here. Simply put... if I saw a movie poster with a red optic blast going diagnol across a phoenix flame going the opposite way, both making a huge "X" and it said "Summers" at the bottom, I'd go nuts.

6. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Hah, with all those storylines, that's not just a movie.

That's a trilogy.

7. SkywalkerG

SkywalkerG Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    so how is fox and marvel with fanfilms and copyright?

as nice as lucasfilm?

8. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    I haven't heard about any stories from them. There's been a few films as well. The only ones I remember hearing problems about was the "Call it a Stargate", and I can't remember if DC/WB put out a warning or if they were actually giving somebody a hard time, but it seems like I'd heard something like that.

Honestly, I'd go for it anyway. I don't ever worry about those guys trying to sue me. I did it for fun, I have no money.. and I'm just one guy, maybe a few more if you count the actors. I can't help it if hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands of people just have to see a film I created.
    =)

//delusions of grandeur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.