main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Who wants to see Pulse this Saturday?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BlastyTrooper, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Susie and I are planning on seeing Pulse this Saturday at the AMC 30 at M-59 and Mound in Sterling Heights. We plan to eat at BWs before or after. Who's interested?

2. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    We're going to the 9:45 show. :D C'mon you horror thriller movie lovers, where are you?

3. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    BAD movie. Everyone can be glad you didn't go.

4. BH3829-Jastermereel

BH3829-Jastermereel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2004
    How bad was it? I wished that Carolyn and I could have gone, but getting over strep throat really sucks.

5. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Well, it was so bad that it was beyond mocking. About half-way through I stopped waiting for it to get interesting, and just tried to figure out who made the brilliant decision to shoot the film in Romania when it was supposed to take place in Columbus, Ohio. Romania is an interesting place, it would have worked better to either shoot it on a back lot in Hollywood, or to just embrace the location, rather than try to sell it as something it so obviously wasn't.

Overall, it was a lot like The Ring, just more boring and less scary. I consider The Ring to be one of the most boring "horror" movies around, and like Pulse, I regret having paid to see it in the theatre.

I hope you guys feel better soon!

6. BH3829-Jastermereel

Jul 19, 2004
    Luckily for Carolyn, it was just me with strep, she's fine so far... Thanks for the concern, though :)

7. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    How bad is bad?? bad enough to take back her Honorary Membership????;) ;)

8. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    It's an Honorary Friend of the Legion (little different), but no. Her work on Veronica Mars is outstanding. Also, K. Bell didn't do a bad job in the movie, the movie is just terrible (writing, direction, photography and for some reason everyone but K Bell looked like they hadn't bathed in a month).

The HFotL was based on her work in Fanboys and how well she worked with the members of the Dune Sea Squadron down in New Mexico (who were in the film). Hopefully her next film will be a lot better!

9. BlastyTrooper

Apr 21, 2003
    If we took away HMs for being associated with one bad movie, Mr. Lucas would have to give his back for Howard the Duck.

Pulse was rather boring, not scary (unless you're a 12 year old girl). As much as I hate the city of Columbus (supposed location) for their University, it's a nice clean city that doesn't look anything like Romania (where it was filmed). [face_thinking]

10. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    Maybe that girl just screamed because she paid $9.00 to see that bad movie? :confused:

11. BH3829-Jastermereel

Jul 19, 2004
    Hey now, Howard The Duck is a fine movie! Well, at least the killer soundtrack by none other than .....

Thomas Dolby

12. TI1800

TI1800 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    True. And in the outskirts of Columbus, there's a nice dentists' office that takes out-of-town emergencies when your own insurance referral service proves to be worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.