main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who Wants to Talk about SW Books/Comics?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    At the last get-together, had a good discussion centering around the SW books and comics. Anyone interested in talking about any of the books and/or comics, reading, discussing, I'd love to see you post here!

Helen

2. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    I know I know I'll probly look like an idiot for saying this but IO just got Balance Point. I refuse to go out of order and after months of lookins I finally subcumed and ordered one on-line. Good book

3. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I do of course!!
    I'm out of the loop as far as most of the comics though..
    And sadly I still haven't gotten a chance to read Shatterpoint..

4. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    You couldn't find Balance Point in a bookstore? I was just in a Barnes and Noble in old town (that didn't have the Gollum book) and they had a copy there. I almost picked it up, but I don't have time to read it right now. I'm listening to the audio books anyway, which is helping me to get through the NJO series.

You guys should start up a pseudo book club. If someone is looking for a book that someone else has, they can lend it out for the person to read. That's worked pretty well for OCSWS so far. We do it for books, comics, movies, tv shows, music, etc.

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Really, another place to get SW books is your local library. They actually have quite a few of them in their inventory. That way you get to read them and save money at the same time.

Who has a favorite book(s)? I continue to enjoy the X-wing series -- re-read them all the time. No wishy washy, "gee, we'll just make the bad guys disappear" theme in these books. Plus, the humor (expecially in the Aaron Allston volumes) is especially welcome.

Helen

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Plus, the humor (expecially in the Aaron Allston volumes) is especially welcome.
    I agree with you there..
    I really get a kick out of any of Janson's scenes [face_laugh]

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    For those who wait for the paperback editions... Tatooine Ghost is out now in PB. Just a little Han and Leia story, pretty big plot holes concerning Leia's Mom, but what can you say...

And for anybody who collects the comics (like I do), apparently Star Wars Tales is ending after volume 20. Guess DH will concentrate on individual comics from now on -- and save some money. They need it.

Helen

8. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    best sceen in X-wing is in Wraith Squadron. Here you go D-B Yub Yub commander.

I've already read all of my libaries books then bought them. Every so often the libary has an auction of connections. I won one. For 135 dollers I got 6 hard backs 23 paperbacks the entire mission collection(cards included), two puzzles, 6 back issues of Lucas Film mag before it was insider, three plates by Hallmark, assorted action figures, the entire sound track collection and a wicked poster of Wicket.

I think that qualifies as best collectors buy of all time don't you?

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well done! A great buy.

Helen

10. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    thank you

11. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    I just purchased Rouge Planet. I'd like to hear how it is from those who really KNOW. Except, not many know my undying love for Obi-Wan, becuase that could basically make me love gall stones.

Jedi_Devi

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Jedi_Devi, Rogue Planet sets up events that take place in the NJO. Readers meet a very important character and situations that later play a very important part.

Obi-Wan plays a secondary role to Anakin in this story. He's there as a sounding board for his young apprentice, and their interplay foreshadows a lot of character development that we all know from later on.

RP is not everyone's favorite; you'll either love it or hate it, but it is a stepping stone to enjoying the NJO series.

Helen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.