WHO WANTS TO WIN A MILLION COLORS!--The Traveling Version!- Winner = s65horsey

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Souderwan, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/bosouder/whowants2bamillionaire_thumb001.jpg]

WHO WANTS TO WIN A MILLION COLORS?
    The Traveling Version?

In this latest version of the game, we?ll be running the game each month through the different forums (new thread each time). All users are welcome to play! The game will consist of targeted questions for the forums in question. Here?s where we?ll be going:

I Arena
    II Lit
    III SENATE
    IV EUC
    V Games
    VI C&G

(Roman numerals in deference to Jello :p)

The JCC will be the ?home base? for the game. As such, new game announcements will be made in the main thread in the JCC, as will updates about game status and the like. Announcements will be parroted in the appropriate forum thread as well.

Game rules:

Note: There are some changes to the rules from previous games so please read them carefully.

1) Unless there are special circumstances in a round (and if that is the case it will be specified), there will be 12 contestants and 12 questions asked. The first 10 questions will be in multiple choice format, with four choices. The last two questions will be short answer.

2) Answering incorrectly or not answering results in a 24 hour game ban. During this time you will be unable to log in and post under whatever name you signed up for the game with, but you are allowed to use socks. For moderators who sign up with their moderator account, they will be required to change colors to those dictated by Souderwan (they won't be pretty :p) and must change their title to say "Million Colors LOSER!!!" for 24 hrs.* Half answers are not accepted (i.e. right letter and wrong answer or wrong letter right answer). If Souderwan somehow screws up on a question players are off the hook for that one. If you use a sock and win the game, please understand that it is your sock that will get the VIP-ship and colors.

3) Answers are to be submitted to Souderwan via private messages. They will only be accepted from the username you used to put on the sign-up list. In other words, if you are playing more than one game at a time, sign up for one of them with a sock, because if you don't, you run the risk of not being able to send in an answer if the name is under a game ban for a different game.

All PMs must be sent with the following format in the subject line: ?Million Colors. Question X answer? where X is the number of the question you?re answering. Failure to do this might cause your question to be missed and you won?t get a reprieve.

4) Answers are not to be posted in the thread. Doing so will eliminate you from the game.

5) The game will begin within 24 hours or so of a sign up list being completed. If you signed up, check back in the thread each day so you know if the game has begun and the first question has been posted.

6) Signups for a new game will begin in the new forum (announced in the JCC homebase thread) soon (about a day to a week or so) after completion of the winner of the previous game is announced.

7) Generally speaking, a new question will be posted every two days. Souderwan does have a life away from the JC, and as such he can't post questions at the same time every second day. However, there will always be 48 hours given for answering, with a reminder after 24 hours. If all answers are in before the 48 hours is up, a new question might go up early. Although not common, there will be some days when Souderwan can't put up a new question.

8) If you receive a game ban and are banned for over 24 hours, feel free to submit an unban request and state that you were under a 24 hour game ban. That way a mod can unban you.

9) The winner of the game is the contestant who remains after all 12 questions have been asked. If there is more than one person left, the winner will be decided by a lightning round. (first player to answer the bonus question correctly. The contesta
  2. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    YAY!!!! I'm playing with my sock.

Sign-ups here:

1. ma_petite
  3. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
  4. Balrog_Paradox Force Ghost

star 5
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
  5. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Nice to see this in the Arena. Good luck to all who participate.
  6. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    [image=http://www.gpsice.co.uk/images/Darth-vader.jpg]

I find the lack of sign-ups disturbing.

Thanks for the support, Kyp!
  7. tom Chosen One

star 6
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
  8. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones

If we play this one, we're not excluded from playing other ones, are we? Just to clarify...

-sj loves kevin spacey
  9. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    No, Rachel. You're not. If you win, however, you have to sit out the next game.

10. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth

11. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth
    7. Everton
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Pft, like I'd want to play again if I had teh colours. Isn't that the point of playing? :p

-sj loves kevin spacey
  13. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    The point of playing is to lol @ Everton when he loses. :)
  14. rechedelphar Force Ghost

star 6
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth
    7. Everton
    8. rechedelphar
  15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth
    7. Everton
    8. rechedelphar
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
  16. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Put your name on the list and say that! :p
  17. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    3. Balrog_Paradox
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth
    7. Everton
    8. rechedelphar
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. Coruscant
  18. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh. I forgot. Quick rule change (doesn't affect most people) since it came up via PM. Most mods choose to sign up with socks, which saves them from a game ban. That said for those mods that choose otherwise, I don't really want to deprive people from the ability to do their jobs because of a game ban so...

2) Answering incorrectly or not answering results in a 24 hour game ban. During this time you will be unable to log in and post under whatever name you signed up for the game with, but you are allowed to use socks. For moderators who sign up with their moderator account, they will be required to change colors to those dictated by Souderwan (they won't be pretty :p) and must change their title to say "Million Colors LOSER!!!" for 24 hrs.* Half answers are not accepted (i.e. right letter and wrong answer or wrong letter right answer). If Souderwan somehow screws up on a question players are off the hook for that one. If you use a sock and win the game, please understand that it is your sock that will get the VIP-ship and colors.

*Revised rules.

If a mod would be so kind as to edit that into the original post both here and in the JCC, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks. :)

19. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
  20. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One

star 8
    Meh, I'm waiting for the Games edition. :p
  22. Balrog_Paradox Force Ghost

star 5
    Take me off the list, turns out I probably won't be around for a week or two kthx.
  23. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6

1. ma_petite
    2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi
    4. tom
    5. solojones
    6. Eeth_my-Koth
    7. Everton
    8. rechedelphar
    9. Tyi-Maet Nefer
    10. Coruscant

Done. I'll keep the sign-ups going for another day or so and then, if we don't get any more players, we'll just go ahead and get started.
  24. Souderwan Force Ghost

star 6
    Last day for signups. I'll close this down and put the first question up tomorrow morning. See you all then!
  25. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Well, I'll join. What do I have to lose?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.