Hou, TX Who was signing up for Houston FanForce at Jay and Silent Bob Screening?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth Dorky, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dorky Jedi Master

star 1
    Just wondering. I gave my name and e-mail addy. I've never actually made it this far down the forums page.
  2. weaves Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would be me and specialagentcooper. I being the guy and coop being the gal. Thanks for your interest in the group by the way. It was great meeting everyone and though I'm not sure I met you, hopefully we'll have a fanforce meeting within the coming weeks..if not sooner. So, what did you think of Jay and Silent Bob flick? I happened to enjoy the amazing greedo firing first reference. That made the movie for me. Well that and the diamond heist--that was nice.

3. Lhadatt Jedi Padawan

I was there, I signed the list thingy.. and I actually found the forum! I'm doing pretty good tonight. :D Neat-o movie. Neat-o people.

So when's the next shindig? ^_^
  4. weaves Jedi Knight

star 1
    The next shin-dig. Good question! I'll e-mail everyone this weekend. You could call it a "hey welcome to the force kind of mailing"...I want to get something going in the next few weeks for certain, but, at the same time I want to be prepared for the next one. The interest tonight was amazing and a huge breath of fresh air given the fact that a total of maybe 10 people have posted here since Magic and Myth left H-town. Josh, you still have to finish your top 5 anime films ....or maybe ten including tv series:)
  5. Lhadatt Jedi Padawan

LOL.. We sort of got interrupted, didn't we? Hrmm.. I could post them here actually. Would that be too off-topic?
  6. Lee337 Jedi Padawan

Me and my wife made it to the movie last night (oh..and signed up too.). I thought the movie was funny as hell. I laughed so hard during Chris Rock's "grip" take i started crying. Great to meet everyone!
  7. weaves Jedi Knight

star 1
    Post them. The moderators know we're trying to build an audience in this forum:)
  8. jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus

star 4
    Hey! This is great! Keep up the good work, everyone!
  9. specialagentcooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    this really is great. for awhile it was weaves posting by himself, which was sad. he's a real trooper. in any case, i'd like thank everyone who stopped and signed up. we live in an amazing city, and i know this is going to be wonderful.
  10. Lhadatt Jedi Padawan

Hello. ^_^

If this succeeds, you'll eventually see more posters come out of the woodwork. I'm pretty sure that there are more lurkers on this board than we know of. There *is* interest, however getting people to post on any forum like this is like trying to train a cat. Announce a meeting with enough lead-time for people to schedule it in, and you might see more activity than there appears to be.
  11. specialagentcooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    well, right now we're still in planning stages. weaves will be getting something out to everyone on the list soon, and one of us will post a condensed version shortly thereafter.
  12. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Howdy all,

Buck here. Many of you probably all ready know me, but I finally found this place! I have a yahell club: Star Wars Houston Garrison if anyone is interested. There will be some folks that would be up for the fan force, as I am. You may have seen me on most of the news stations when MoM first opened, I was the stormtrooper. Also, I have a Fett costume and some custom jobs as wells. When the band, "The Force" was playing, I was their mascot. Yes, as you can tell, I am a huge fan of Star Wars and would very much like to do this fan force thing. my e-mail, for those interested is: tadlock11@hotmail.com web site: http://www.bebo_lokk.homestead.com/home.html and phone number: heh, don't think so, not here anyways :p Feel free to drop me a line. Oh, and those of you in the Katy area, I work a little south of y'all now, in a developement called Riverwood forest, so if you are in the area, stop by and see me! or better yet, buy some land from me! Other than that, my residence in way south - Pearland. I'm game for costuming events, rp'ing and fan films (which I have done a few scenes in the upcoming fan film 'A rising threat') So, that being said, hope to hear from y'all soon.
  13. specialagentcooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dude! i was the star trek chick!
  14. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    >:) Yes, I remember you! You had lots of "air" time also.
  15. specialagentcooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    weren't you the one trooper who won the award though?
  16. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was me :D, I also took a first place at the semi finals at First Colony mall in my Fett costume.
    In the main event, the grand finals, I opted to go with Fett, due to the fact that another trooper and Fett were going to be there. I figured I would have a better shot in Fett because it is completely hand crafted, except the helmet. I did major mods to it though. I didn't place, neither did the other Fett. My thinking is we knocked each other out, which is what would have happened to me and the other trooper if I would have taken that route. He did come in a tie for 3rd I think. But who could beat a 2 yr. old dressed up as a Jawa?
  17. specialagentcooper Jedi Knight

star 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.