Victoria. BC Who was that jedi ? (warning spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen AOTC)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by obi-wan_kurtnobi, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Knight

Well here comes post #2 from master kurtnobi. I'd like to do this on a regular basis so I'm going to try and post something at midnight every few nights or so. So with out further ado I'm going to pose a question to all those out there who are open to wild speculation, Does anyone out there have any ideas on who the mysterious Master Sypherdias was. I am extremly curious to here some insightful theories into this disapearing/dead jedi who apperantly was afilliated with palpantine in some way. So I'll be checking this over the next few days and nights. Hopefully I'll get some response even if it's Ihave no clue.

kurt
  2. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am assuming that Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas was impersonated by Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus.

It is clear that Dooku has been working for Darth Sidious for a long while, as he was the one who recruited Jango for the cloning...

At least that is what "I" think... :)

Indy
  3. CarbonatedGoat Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah. I think Sifo-Dyas, might actually -be- Count Dooku's first name. Because 1) we know Dooku is a member of the "lost 20" - Jedi Knights who left the order to persue other carrers 2) we all know how Ben Kenobi explains away Jedi who fall to the dark side.
  4. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Actually, I don't think it's at all likely that Sifo-Dyas and Dooku are one and the same. Remember that it was never said that Sifo-Dyas was one of the Lost Twenty, simply that he was killed some years ago. Remember also, and among many things this is what I'm quite sure of, that Yoda for one, of course, well knew Master Sifo-Dyas. A great many people did, I'd imagine. But he also knew Dooku, and only ever called him by that name - he never referred to him by any other, much less gave the impression that Dooku *had* any other to go by. So I happen to agree with the likelihood that Dooku went to Kamino and deliberately impersonated Sifo-Dyas....which very much seems like something he'd do, the kind of tactic he'd pull, don't you think? Yes, exactly. :)

(has a sudden, split-second horrible flash of wondering that it might have been, say, Sidious masquerading as Sifo-Dyas....and then *really* tries not to think of the possibility because it gives her the willies) :)

Dawn.
  5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Force Ghost

star 4
    The Council didn't order the creation of the clone army; Sifo-Diyas (of the Council) was the name given to the Kaminoans; Jango Fett was hired to be the template by 'a man called Tyranus, on one of the moons of Bogdan'.

Dooku is Tyranus, but we don't know that Dooku is also Sifo-Dyas. I think it more likely that Dooku *pretended* to be Sifo-Dyas, under the orders of his Master, Sidious.

Dooku was more than likely the one who erased the planet Kamino from the Jedi Archives. There's more to that story than has made it to the screen: I have to read the novelisation... :)

I had heard a creepy interpretation that Sifo-Dyas was Qui-Gon, but that's been pretty well debunked.

There's a thread under discussion on the Writer's Resource Board to write the stories of the Lost Twenty. If anyone wants, they're more than welcome to PM me for the link, or use the go links to get there.

Chat soon!

*Derisa*
  6. Master_Dao_Rin Jedi Padawan

Here's what I think:

Darth Sidious (aka Palpatine) is choked that his ultimate weapon, whom he (and the weapon) thought fer sure would kick some serious Jedi ass. Sith power and such and all that propaganda they've bought etc., etc.

But, lo and behold, the fool apprentice goes and gets iced and diced - from a mere JEDI APPRENTICE, no less!

Palpatine has to start rethinking his plans and this whole "Sith is the most powerful thing".

Then Anakin shows up. Unfortunately, he's going into the protection of the Jedi Order and Palpatine knows he won't be able to reach this prodigy easily.

So he cooks up a plan. He'll befriend - I mean corrupt - a Jedi to do two things:

1) Help him keep tabs on what is now unquestionably his greatest threat - the Jedi (proved by Obi-wan "easily" killing his best weapon against the galaxy). The Jedi now have proof about the existence of the Sith. This means Palpatine days are numbered. He, therefore, needs "inside" help.

2) Set up Anakin's corruption by his "friends", one of his own - a Jedi.

This traitor Jedi turns out to be none other than Master Sifo-Dyas. A Jedi Master! Ho, ho, ho, how the Jedi are pathetic! :) Bonus.

'Course, Palpatine has already determined the relative worth of this Sifo-Dyas and determines he needs someone better - more loyal, who thinks more like he does. Someone like Dooku.

So, he makes Sifo-Dyas a patsy. Sets him up. Sifo-Dyas never really becomes Sidious' apprentice, although Palpatine leads him on. I bet that Dooku and Sifo-Dyas were friends even. The real apprentice is Tyranus, but Palpatine gets Sifo-Dyas to take the blame for what the Jedi will inevitably discover ... and Tyranus only gets to be the apprentice by murdering Sifo-Dyas in the tradition of the Sith Order and proving his unquestionable loyalty. :)

'Course, the beauty is the way he is also using Tyranus (like he does to Vader) as nothing more than a tool in the Grand Sith Plan ... :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.