main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who was the best Jedi General in the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ruthio, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    General Obi-Wan Kenobi and General Ki-Adi Mundi.

2. __THX__

__THX__ Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    I would have to say...General Grievous, definately.

3. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Slightly OT, but why are the Jedi generals at all?

Who decided that a whole building full of people completely dedicated to "knowledge and defense, never attack" would make ideal millitary leaders?

I'm just assuming it was Palpatine's way of assuring they were covered for order 66.

4. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Oppo Rancisis was one of the great military masterminds in the Clone Wars. It seemed he mostly stayed in the temple, while the other Jedi, including Kenobi, took his directions.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I would have to say...General Grievous, definately.

Umm he's not a Jedi! - Who was the best Jedi General in the Clone Wars?

6. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    General Grevious is not a Jedi (or a Sith), although he did fight with lightsabers.

7. Omicron5

Omicron5 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2005
    Even though he died before it, I think Qui-gon would've been the best. But since he died, it falls to my little green friend, Yoda. "800 years old and still kicking".O:)

8. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Come on, Kenobi was the man! Can you ever remember seeing a battle Kenobi lost in the Clone Wars, cause I sure as hell can't.

9. b-wingmasterburnz

May 27, 2004
    ^^^He didn't do so hot at Jabiim. He nearly got killed in an exploding AT-AT, but Asajj Ventress captured him. The rest of Jabiim was a total disaster.

Queyta was only a success because Asajj let him live at that time, and that was only because Dooku still thought Obi-wan would prove a valuable asset if turned. Otherwise, he would have been brutally defeated along with the other 4 Jedi by Durge and Asajj.

Ord Cestus was a big humiliation on him and Kit because of their deceitful actions, although they ended up redeeming themselves.

I doubt he and Alpha would have lasted much longer on Riflor if Anakin and Ki-Adi hadn't shown up.

On Ruhe, he and Anakin got out with their lives, but the objective was not achieved.

Seriously, shouldn't this topic be in the EU boards? I don't want to sound too cynical, but it seems that people are just voting Obi-wan because they saw him in the cartoon and ROTS and they thought he was cool. I've seen little to indicate actual knowledge of what happened in the Clone Wars.

Obi-wan has numerous appearances in Clone Wars material, but those just scratch the surface of the entire war, and he is not always successful. Yoda saw little action. For the most part, he stayed on Coruscant coordinating the war effort and giving his daily reports to Palpatine. His involvement on Vjun, Kashyyyk, and Thustra were probably some of the few times he actually did leave under special circumstances. In fact, in every one of those, the war went to hell and he was presumed dead. I can't even think as to why he would have been joyriding with Padme before they went to Ilum.

10. Parallax2265

Parallax2265 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    For sheer ability to inspire the troops, I'd have to say Obi-Wan. Just look at what he did to inspire the one trooper during the Cetus Deception novel. His inspiration allowed the Trooper to actually break his orders and save millions of lives.

As far as getting the job done, I'd have to say Aayla Secura. She managed to take down Aurra Sing and was willing to take down Quinlan Vos if she had to in order to complete a mission. Of course, you wouldn't know that from ROTS...

11. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Obiwan Kenobi,for sure.By the way,what happened to Durge and Quinlan Vos? I missed that part of Clone Wars as I was feeding my pets.

12. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    General Rancisis
    General Kenobi
    General Koon
    General Tiin
    General Fisto
    General Windu
    General Gallia
    General K'kruhk
    General Secura
    General Yoda
    General Mundi
    General Unduli
    General Tholme
    General Saa
    General Koth
    General Ti

13. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    General Obi-Wan Kenobi was the greatest because he was involved in all the major events of the Clone Wars. He fought Dooku(twice), he killed Grevious, and he did an excellent job out in space.

14. b-wingmasterburnz

May 27, 2004
    I haven't read the series yet, as I'm waiting for it to come out in graphic, but I believe?from summaries I read on the Internet?that in the Obsession series, Anakin killed Durge by trapping him an escape pod and sending it into a sun.

As for Vos, Republic # 72-77 kind of concludes his Clone Wars story through the events of the Siege of Saleucami. Although, he survives that I guess, judging by Obi-wan's line in ROTS.

15. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    KENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBIKENOBI

16. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Just a question...I never really understood Vos' story...can someone help me out? I particularly liked Kit Fisto though...but Kenobi was still pretty cool.

17. Mr-Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Mr-Obi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2005
    Obi Wan Kenibo was the best General on the Clone Wars Series.. With his Clone Army and his Leading Abilities..

Also the Fight scene with Kit Fisto was pretty damn awesome as well in the underwater scene...

Would go Kenobi and then Fisto from the fight scenes..

18. Miss_Aayla_Secura

Miss_Aayla_Secura Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    From what I gathered, Vos was a Jedi and Aayla Secura's master. Both of them had their memories wiped and Vos never really recovered ...

General Kenobi and General Secura both get my vote!

19. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    When considering Kenobi as the best general you also have to take into account Anakin Skywalkers contributions too. Save for Ord Cestus, Praestyillian and for a short time after Jabimm they were always together. Having his padawan and later former Padawan around had to help. Anakins ability's in starfighter combat allowed for Obiwan to win the day at several battles(Munnilist,Beladrone, Coruscant).Anakin also saved his but several times(as obiwan saved anakins). Obiwan was obviously a great leader and motivator but he had the help of the wars greatest soldier(Anakin,the best Anakin moment in the EU books was him taking the Sep base on Praestilyian practically by himself, I doubt any other jedi could do that.)

20. CommanderSteve

CommanderSteve Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    Yoda was a great leader

21. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    I agree, I always say they are the best one, two punch in the galaxy.

22. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
  23. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Gotta go with General Kenobi.

As far as lightsabers go I rate Obi-wan as an above average lightsaber duelist but not quite Anakin's equal, or on par with Yoda. Where Obi-wan's major strength's has always been his bold, but well executed tactics.

For example,
    -In TPM, although he lost the duel, he took advantage of Maul's overconfidence and leapt over him and finished him off.
    -In AOTC he managed to shake Jango Fett, one of the greatest bounty hunters in the Galaxy, off his trail in the Asteroid field.
    -In ROTS he makes a bold gambit be leaping out in the open and revealing himself to General Grevious. By doing this he ensures that all intention is on him thus allowing the clones to get closure before they are discovered, but even more impressive is that Obi-wan knows that General Grevious's pride will keep him from finishing him off quickly. Obi-wan knows General Grevious just has to handle him himself.
    -This is arguable, but again in ROTS, he takes advantage of his surroundings and takes the High ground over Anakin. Honestly I think his statement that he has the highground is again taking advantage of his oponents overconfidence. He's tempting Anakin to make the leap, which leads to several amputee's.

This is just the surface of a person who i'm sure was a brilliant tactician during the war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.