main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who was the Jedi really ordered the Clones and erased the planet from the archives?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by matthewevans, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turelio

Turelio Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    It's kind of annoying: Originally it was going to be someone called "Sido-Dyas" (Sidious) who ordered the clone army, who Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council didn't recognise the name of, but they changed it just to confuse the issue.

2. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones, Dooku erased Kamino.

In my personal SW universe, where EU does not exist, Dooku is behind it all, because it makes more sense.

3. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    The only problem with Syfo Dias ordering the clone army is that Jango was recruited by Tyrannus.

EDITED PORTION: I only say that because it would seem more likely that the ordering of a clone army would include the DNA donor at the time of ordering, but I suppose it could be arranged after the fact. But then why would the Kamino cloners suddenly trust some stranger if they had initially dealt with Sifo? Seems more likely that the same person who ordered the clones would be the same person who recruited jango so that the connection of associates would be understood from the Kamino perspective. /EDITED PORTION

Ofcourse I could go with what the book Labrynth of Evil sais but in my opineon if it isn't in the film, then it isn't absolutely so.

Now the Kamino cloners wouldn't know what Syfo Dias looked like so either Sidious or Tyrannus could have assumed his identity. Since Dooku recruited Jango, and because Sidious is under the public spotlight, it's more likely that Dooku/Tyrannus did the ordering, the recruiting and the erasing.

The only other possibility is that Sifo Dias was swayed to the dark side the same way Dooku was and began the construct of the clone army until a known and recognised Jedi Master was no longer needed. Then he was replaced by Count Dooku to begin the organizing of the Separatists.

Makes ya wonder what Sith name might have been for Sifo if indeed it happened that way.

4. greviousrules

greviousrules Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    no, it was Dooku

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.