main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Who watched the Doctor?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Katana_Geldar, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I totally agree on Richard E. Grant. He gets my vote.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    did anyone watch it last night? glad wrap and bubble wrap as ice? they might have gotten away with it if it hadn't been swaying in the wind!

gotta love those special effects!

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yep that's the 60's for you. Very tight budgets for TV series back then.

This last episode has been quite good. Only 2 weeks until the Daleks invade Earth :)

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    what happened with the daleks and the thals?

invading earth! coool!

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The Doctor and Co. with the Thals help managed to disable the Daleks in their city and escape to the Tardis.

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    No worries ;)

I watched some Doctor Who episodes today on UK TV (Channel on Foxtel). They are going to be showing certain episodes over 7 weeks. It started today with the last episode of the Patrick Troughton era (War Games) and the start of the Jon Pertwee era (The Three Doctors) which was quite good and is being released on DVD in Australia in November.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    what happened between when they got over the bridge in the mountains and when the met the aztecs?

i missed that bit

and when to the daleks invade?

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I can't remember much of 'The Aztecs'. Sorry. It's available on DVD now so you can check it out if you want :)

The Daleks invade in about a weeks time. It to is available on DVD now in a 2 Disc Set which I can't wait to get :)

How are you liking the current story, 'The Sensorites'?

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    creepy how they could invade your mind but why is Ian and the doctor acting so confident?

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm not actually too sure. I think they know something that we don't about them.

12. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I think it's fun watchin Dr Who, and i'm 15!!!!!!!! oh well got nothin else to watch!

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I think it's good to see the younger generation watching alot of the old classic stuff. I think it does them good rather than watching all the crap that's produced these days like reality TV.

I'm 20 and I watch it and I appreciate it for what it is.

14. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I love Doctor Who as well. It's great to see old, classic TV shows like that being put on to save us from the glut of crap on all the rest of the chanels. I'm 20, but I first got into Doctor Who when I was 12 or so, back when it used to be on at 4:30 in the morning and I would tape it every day.

I thought The Aztecs was excellent, which surprised me, as I'm not a fan of the purely historical adventures (where they're in the past, but there aren't any aliens or anything like that). The acting, camera work, sets and costumes in The Aztecs were leaps and bounds ahead of the previous episodes.

The Sensorites started well, I thought, but went a bit downhill once the threat changed from this sinsiter unseen mind control to just a bunch of cheap-looking aliens. And yes, next week will be Planet of Giants, and then The Dalek Invasion of Earth! :D (And we will finally be rid of Susan, who iritates me no end :p)

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I've got my blank tapes reading for taping 'Planet of the Giants' and 'Daleks Invasion of Earth' :)

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Just letting anyone who watches the show that 'The Dalek Invasion of Earth' is on this Monday.

17. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Hmm, yes the Darlek invasion of Earth episodes, very interesting.

Lets see, using the earth as a space ship, quite creative really, impossible, but creative.

One good thing has come out of these episodes though! Susan is now gone!! :D. Though i thought she was only meant to be of the age of 16? The David character must be around 25 or something, not that it matters.

Oh yeah, Iain for once had clothes that actually got ruined, it was a suit that was very out of place but atleast their getting somewhere!

18. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Yes after the very forgetable Susan. The next female character to arrive was Vicky, a lot better than Susan! Ian and Babera went back home after using the Darlek time machine(those episodes were good). And the latest female is 'Dodo' or Dorothea.

Before they started playing Dr Who, I was quite aware that they would not be able to play every episode. But last week they made a jump of 5 story lines. But apparently in the next series (ie. next doctor, i think) they will make a jump of about 8 story lines. :(

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I thought Vicky was a very good character. She was quite smart. Sad that we won't see her again now since the rest of her episodes were lost. It's ashame that alot of the early episodes were lost :(

Speaking of lost episodes, good news yesterday. Part 2 of 'The Dalek Master Plan' starring William Hartnell was recovered in Yorkshire and handed back to the BBC.

20. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    we didn't get to see the last two stories of William Hartnell, oh well.

Start Doctor number 2- Patrick thoughton!!!
    Unfortunately we missed the first 7 stories of this doctor! :(
    It is a shame BBC did not keep all the episodes!

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes it's ashame that alot of episodes have been 'lost'. Patrick Troughton is one of my favourites so it's good to see him on and especially the current episode, 'Tomb of the Cybermen' which is one of my favourites.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    And soon it will be time for the Second doctor to leave. They are goin through them fast!!
    Oh well, at least the next doctor will bring colour!!!

23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes it's ashame that we are flying through the episodes. So many of the early ones were lost and now it's been stated that any future Dalek stories will not be aired.

24. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    What Doctor are they up to? I want to watch from John Pertwee's first episode. That was when I started watching as a kid. I was too young for the other Doctors so they don't interest me as much.

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The ABC is up to the 2nd Doctor and the story 'Seeds of Death'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.