main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Who We Are Instead ~post-NJO~ Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, Jag, Tahiri, OCs, others? Up'd 10/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Who We Are Instead ~post-NJO~ Jacen,Jaina,Kyp,Jag,Tahiri,OCs,others?

Disclaimer: Star Wars and any characters or settings you recognize belong to Lucas. The plot, Tanith, Flynt, Erian, Cavan, Gali, Auryn, and any other OCs or original settings belong to me. The title comes from Jars of Clay?s latest album and song by the same name.

Genre: Drama, Action, Romance, Angst

Timeperiod: Five years post-NJO

Main characters: Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, Tahiri, Lowie, Jag, Valin, OCs, and sundry others ;) :D Yay for cameos! As for ships...well, besdies the obvious (K/J :D )...you'll just have to wait and see.

Summary: Five years after peace returns to the galaxy, a group of young Jedi set out to explore the darkest part of the galaxy?the Unknown Regions. They get far more than they bargained for when their destinies become entangled with that of a mysterious young scientist and her brother. Embroiled in a web of secrets and conspiracy, they are dragged into the conflict stirring on a world whose physical beauty hides a sordid past?

?Only in silence the word,
    only in dark the light,
    only in dying life:
    bright the hawk?s flight
    on the empty sky.?

~from the Creation of Ea,
    A Wizard of Earthsea,
    Ursula Le Guin

Prologue ~ The Dream

?You?ll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barely. You can tell the sun in his jealous sky as we walk in fields of gold.?

?Sting, ?Fields of Gold?

The sun was going down, a ball of molten gold dipping towards the horizon. The rays stained the fields, stretching out in every direction as far as the eye could see, a gentle gold. Far off, like an echo from a dream, he heard the roaring of the sea, a sound akin to music. All that broke the endlessness of grain below and sky above was a massive tree jutting up out of the field as out of the sea. Its leaves, rustling in the warm, spicy breeze, were of delicately hammered gold. His heightened senses allowed him to see a single leaf, twisting delicately on its stalk, reflecting every shade of gold imaginable.

The whole world was gold.

He stood in the middle of the sea of gold, not far from the tree, waiting.

For what?

Something. Something important.

Yes. But what is it?

I don?t know. But I will wait.

And he did. Standing in the middle of the golden field, warmed by the sun and the wind, he waited. He waited until the sun set and day surrendered to night.

The grain around him shone faintly silver in the moonlight. It bowed and rose, bending and swaying in a still-warm breeze. Above him, the stars shimmered like corusca diamonds flung wide by a colossal hand into a sea of the darkest blue velvet.

And he waited.

Waited as the full moon turned slowly, agonizingly to blood, and the light that streamed from it dyed the whole world crimson. Waited while the tree was struck down by unseen hands, and it toppled to the ground, its leaves caught in a freezing breeze that bent all of the grain down to the ground.

The golden tree, the golden fields were no more.

Everything was midnight and crimson.

When he awoke on in a crude shelter made of a leaning wall of duracreet on a planet that had once been Coruscant, Jacen Solo did not remember the dream.

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Six years later

Part One ~ Umber

Chapter One

~ Jacen

?Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.?

Tad Williams

It was incredible. Amazing. One of the greatest accomplishments in the history of the galaxy. A feat of cooperation amongst beings of the greatest diversity, working together in service to the Galactic Alliance?and the future. As the sapient beings of the galaxy gathered together to build, they were building more than buildings, skyscrapers, apartments, administration buildings, hangers, and a myriad of other buildings catering to the needs of a vibrant society. They were building a future for a galaxy that, little over five years ago, no one believed would have one.

And yet, as the ship sank down towards the surface of rebuilt Coruscant, Jacen Solo felt a pang of regret. It would have horrified anyone had he told them, so he didn?t. No one would understand.

?Dreadful, isn?t it??

So he was wrong. Someone did understand. He sighed and turned to the woman who had joined him in front of the viewport in the turret. ?Yes. No.?

She grinned. ?A typical Jacen answer.?

Acknowledging the barb with a nod of his head, he tried again. ?It?s amazing, truly. But I can?t help feeling we?ve taken a step backwards.? He ran his fingers through his mop of curls, and leaned against the chair. ?I remember waking up down there with Vergere. It was so alien, yet breathtakingly beautiful. So alive. Not a skeleton of duracreet and steel bones, but Life, in the purest sense. More beautiful than anything I?ve ever seen?except for maybe Zenoma Sekot. But then?when I realized where I was?I?ve never felt so horrified in my life. Alien. That?s what I kept thinking over and over. It haunted me for weeks, until I could put what had been aside. And when I did, I got used to it again. And learned, again, to see the beauty. And then, perhaps, it was more beautiful than the first time.?

Tahiri Veila pushed wisps of blond hair away from the faded scars on her forehead. The scars that made her like him. The scars that let her understand. Unconsciously, he raised a hand to his chest, to his cheeks. His own scars were as faded as hers, the scars left by the slave-seed, by the yorrik coral. Faded, but still there. They would always be there.

?I never saw it before the?shaping, but I?ve seen holos, and ruins. Even before Riina, I was never comfortable with cities. Now, though, I hate them. I don?t feel the impulse to run Threepio through with my lightsaber?or even to get rid of my lightsaber?but I still hate cities. The life here when it was Yuuzahn?tar was?beyond beautiful. It?spoke to my soul. Like Zenoma Sekot, only to a lesser degree. To see all that surrender to steel again?it?s hard.?

She was so different. So different from the little girl who was Anakin?s best friend. So different from the scarred girl who was the love of his brother?s life. So different from the tortured, torn stranger, haunted by Anakin?s death and memories that were not her own. So different, even, than the young woman who had found a semblance of peace on Zenoma Sekot. The past five years there had changed her profoundly. She wasn?t a little girl anymore. She was a woman.

Anakin would have been proud.

?Exactly.? He mused for a moment. ?Do you regret leaving Zenoma Sekot??

?I?m not leaving, exactly. I?ll go back, sometime. Back to stay. I don?t think I could stay away if I wanted to. It?s got its claws in me. But yes, I feel homesick. The same kind of homesick I still feel for Anakin. But I think I needed a break for a bit. I?ve been there so long. It?s been good to see everyone again.? She grinned up at him and he was reminded of the girl she?d been on Yavin 4. ?Very good.?

?Good.?

They stood in silence for a long moment, watching the cranes and builder-droids working steadily below them, raising

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Looks really good. :) Can't wait for more!

Dana

4. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooo good post. more please.

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I like it so far. I'll be tuning in to all your posts.

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana- Thanks! :)

princess_Melissa- I may get more up sometime this week, but if not, look for a post next Wednesday.

Lola64- Thank you! I?m glad! :D

7. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    great!

Really pulling for a Jacen/Tahiri ship here!

8. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Wow! :D Excellent beginning! I'm looking forward to seeing where you'll take this!

Kat

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    preggers- Thanks! Jacen and Tahiri, eh? ;) Guess you'll just have to wait and see!

Kat- Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here!

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    ~ Flynt

?The past isn?t dead. It isn?t even the past.?
    -William Faulkner

He lay flat on his back on the lumpy mattress, turning water stains on the ceiling into pictures. A rancor there. A starship. And that stain, spreading out harshly in the far corner, that one looked exactly like the profile of Madam Santoria, one of his teachers when he was?How old? Twelve? Thirteen? Her mouth was even open, just like when he was small, so wide he thought her jaw would come unhinged. He could almost hear her nasal, screeching voice scolding him, dripping with sarcasm. ?If it?s not too much trouble, your highness, would you kindly keep your attention in the room?? His cousin Erian would smirk and wink lazily at him?everything he did, he did lazily, languidly, charmingly?from across the room. Madam would even see him, and wouldn?t say a word. Erian was the epitome of charm, even then. Only Grandfather ever scolded Erian. But not often.

Flynt closed his eyes, unable to bear the grim darkness swimming in the tiny room. A thousand dingy inns on a thousand dingy worlds over the last seven years. You?d think he?d be used to it by now; but the mold, rust, and wan yellow lighting still assaulted his senses. He yearned for clear summer sunlight, for the sound of the sea, for snow. He moaned inwardly at how pathetically poetic he sounded. A sensitive soul, they?d said. A dreamer. He snorted. A weakness they had excused. Now, free from the curse called inspiration, he saw that. He saw that his yearning was not the result of a sensitive soul. It was simpler than that. He was homesick.

He flipped over onto his stomach, refusing to follow those thoughts to their inevitable conclusion. He reached back into his mind, searching for a safe subject, one that wouldn?t remind him of what was lost. He snorted again. There was no safe subject.

Erian hadn?t contacted him in two weeks; he hadn?t heard from his sister in a month. Anxiety had been building in the pit of his stomach for days, giving him the familiar sick feeling that had haunted his otherwise idyllic childhood. Danger lurks in every shadow. Don?t blink. Never sit with your back to a door. How many times had he heard those words, rumbling in his grandfather?s deep voice? Paranoia was a way of life in his family. Paranoia was survival.

Neither Erian nor Little Bit was hurt?or dead. He would have known if they were. But kidnapping was a possibility; it always had been. So was hiding. Force knew he?d done enough of that in his life. But just the thought that his sister was in danger was enough to make him break out in a cold sweat. Erian could take care of himself. Little Bit was an entirely different story.

Five years old. He?d been five. But he still remembered it. His mother?s room, full of golden sunlight streaming through the open windows on the far wall. The sound and scent of the sea floating on the gentle breeze. His mother lying in her bed, weary but content. A small bundle held gently yet securely in her arms. He peered over the edge of the bed at the small red face, the fluff of downy hair, the screwed-up eyes that would be so like his own.
    This is your sister, Faolan. Aneira. See how small she is, how delicate? Not like you. You?re a big boy now, and she will be your responsibility. Yours always to protect and love. Sister of your soul. We are nothing without our family. You are nothing without her. Your life is hers, and hers is yours. She is your responsibility. Remember that.
    Flashbacks. He groaned. He?d thought he?d gotten away from that when he?d moved from garcornian to rhyll. He?d never once lived up to those words. Amazing how instructions given to a five year old could haunt him now, twenty some-odd years later. Amazing how he felt such guilt that he had never measured up, never fulfilled his responsibility. And now she wouldn?t let him have another chance.

He and Erian were racing through the Eastern Orchards, the white star-shaped blossoms drifting down around them. Behind him he heard his sis

11. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, good start! It shows a lot of promise. I like the quotes at the beginning. :)

12. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm very intrigued with the opening dream sequence (I sort of have a thing for writing dream sequences myself ;) [face_laugh]). I'm really liking the characterizations so far (especially Tahiri), and I also like the quotes at the beginning. Please continue the good work. :)

13. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    ooh, now this is getting good! :D very intriguing character, JJD! :D

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Idrelle_Miocovani- Thank you very much!

Lady_Jedi_Carenix- Yeah, dream sequences are always fun?it?s a great way to add mystery to anything. I'm really liking the characterizations so far (especially Tahiri) Ya just gotta love Tahiri! I?m thrilled everyone likes the quotes. Thank you so much! I?ll be posting more on Wednesday.

Kathryn- Thanks!

15. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    I like this very much, please post more soon.

*Reva*

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Reva- I'm glad you enjoy it! I'll post more tomorrow after school!

17. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Post!

~ Jacen

"Remember that every good friend was once a stranger".

It never ceased to amaze Jacen that as much as the Falcon felt like a home, as many ?luxuries? as it had?refreshers, food synths, beds?that he still always felt like he?d been on a journey when he landed. It also amazed him that a shower, a meal, and a nap could make him feel so infinitely better. He definitely wasn?t cut out to be a pilot.

He settled down next to Tahiri in the small briefing room, exchanging greetings with Lowie. Tahiri smiled at him and flipped a nearly-dry curl out of her face. ?Feel better?? she asked impishly.

?Infinitely.?

Jaina, plopping down beside him, rolled her eyes. ?You?re such a wimp, little brother.?

?Let?s see you spend months in the hands of the Yuuzahn Vong, Miss Tough-Girl,? Tahiri shot back. ?I doubt you?d ever call Jacen a wimp again. Or me.?

Kyp lounged in his chair. ?I think we?ve all been through our fair-share of pain. Who knew there were so many brands? No one-size-fits-all when it comes to torture.?

?It?s a lesson everyone has to learn.? All five Jedi peered over their shoulders as Master Skywalker entered the room. ?Everyone has been through something you know nothing of. Judge not, for you do not know how another has suffered, how he may have triumphed.?

?Amazing how he can turn any conversation into a lecture, isn?t it?? Jaina quipped.

Luke shook his head as he pulled up a chair to sit in front of them, between the younger Jedi and a wall of viewports that overlooked the reconstruction of the city. ?It?s the doom of all Jedi Masters. You?ll know that someday.?

?All?? Tahiri echoed. ?What about Durron here? He doesn?t lecture.?

?Yeah, right. You go right on thinking that,? Jaina grumbled. Kyp smacked her upside the head, much to Lowie?s amusement. Luke cleared his throat as a tussle started.

?Can we act like rational adults here??

Kyp grabbed both of Jaina?s hands, pinning them together. ?Sure.?

Luke?s voice was dry. ?Thank you.? He reached to the table beside him and pressed a button. A holo of the galaxy flickered to life. Jacen wondered at the serene aloof beauty of the slowly spinning stars. Tahiri voiced his thoughts.

?I never thought I?d see it again with a big red swatch ripping through it to symbolize the Yuuzahn Vong?s territory.?

Luke nodded. ?It is a blessing that we should thank the Force for everyday.?

Jacen leaned forward. ?Is there a new threat??

?Perhaps. But this mission isn?t a military one. It?s an exploration mission.? He depressed another button and the holo zoomed in to focus on a smaller section of the galaxy.

Jacen sat back in his chair. ?The Unknown Regions.?

?The Unknown Regions,? Luke agreed.

?But Master,? Tahiri said, ?the Galactic Alliance has been sending out all sorts of exploratory teams over the last couple of years into the Unknown Regions?at least into the parts the Chiss will allow them access to. Surely we?re needed elsewhere.?

?This isn?t exactly that kind of mission. You know, no doubt, that Saba has spent much of her time since the end of the war going out with Tesar, searching for new Jedi candidates.? His smile was sardonic. ?Of course, this has been more difficult than it was for me after the War with the Empire because of all the anti-Jedi sentiment. And it?s common knowledge that we lost the majority of our Order in to the ?Vong.?

?Yuuzahn Vong,? Jacen and Tahiri corrected at the same time.

?Yuuzahn Vong. Many Jedi candidates aren?t willing to risk their lives in that way. So??

?So you want us to see who we can find in the Unknown Regions. Sounds like a plan.? Jaina grinned at her brother. ?This should be fun.?

?I wouldn?t expect it to be,? Luke warned. ?The whole mission is officially dispatched by the Galactic Alliance as a joint venture between the government and the Jedi. I think Cal Omas looks at it as?how did he put it? Ah, yes. Killing two mynocks with one blaster bolt.?

?Somehow that always seems the case,?

18. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Yay, you posted!

It gets even more . . . I don't know how to describe it.

Anyway, good. You posted!

~Reva

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great post.

So who did Jacen grab, Tahiri or the scientist chick?

And if it was Tahiri, where's Kyp and the scientist chick? And will they be a couple by the time they get to Csilla?

20. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    ~ Jacen
    *long sigh*
    I love Jacen?

"Remember that every good friend was once a stranger".
    Now this sounds like something Jacen would say?and this post is centered on Jacen?but I?m choosing to believe that this quote is something that he is saying to one of the others and not a lesson that he will learn in this chapter?does that make sense?

He settled down next to Tahiri
    Off to a very good start (hint hint!!)

?Let?s see you spend months in the hands of the Yuuzahn Vong, Miss Tough-Girl,? Tahiri shot back. ?I doubt you?d ever call Jacen a wimp again
    Do I even need to say anything? But since when has that stopped me? She?s defending him to his own sister?she must feel something?whether she?s aware of it, one can only guess

?Can we act like rational adults here??
    I loved this whole interaction. Something that I don?t think we see enough of in Fanfic is the idea that these Jedi where kids when the YV invaded and were forced (ha ha) to virtually grow up over night. One day they were 16 yr olds (Tahiri 13) and the next they were flying in elite squadrons and running missions. To see them act like kids every now and then is a real treat when it?s done well. Here of course it is done well.

?Yuuzahn Vong,? Jacen and Tahiri corrected at the same time
    Hmmm?they both have the same issues?they would have a lot to talk about?

Kyp waved a hand. ?Go ahead. I?ll act like a good little Jedi.?

Lowie growled a comment that set Tahiri and Jaina into a fit of giggles

I?ve always had an image of Kyp as just that: a little guy. So naturally my assumption was that Lowie said something about Kyp?s size in response to Kyp?s comment and it made me giggle too.

Tawny of skin and silken hair, she had clear grey eyes that studied the world from under even brows. Her chin was up, ready to meet the world, and Jacen would never have known she was nervous
    I hate that this is from Jacen?s POV?that means that he?s looking at her?

?Welcome to Insanity,? Jaina said, rising to offer the young woman her hand. ?I hope you enjoy your stay.?
    LOL Let?s hope she has a sense of humor?

?Intel?? Tahiri echoed. ?Oh, yeah. This should be fun. You know any of the Wraiths??
    ?I worked with Bhindi Drayson for a time.?
    Tahiri smiled. ?Definitely fun.?

Here come the ?auntie? jokes?

?Persuasion? I wouldn?t call it that. Jaina just stuck out her lower lip and widened her eyes and said ?Daddy? several times and boom, we?ve got the Falcon,? Jacen said
    Whose of jealous of ?daddy?s girl??.

?You mean the five of us will meet with the ambassador while Jaina makes out with Jag Fel,?
    I loved this line for 2 reasons:
    1: It was funny
    2: If Jaina is with Jag that frees Kyp up to put the moves on the Scientist?which frees Jacen up to awkwardly try and maybe see if he could possibly, if she isn?t already busy, spend some time with Tahiri?

?Do I have to treat you like you?re five years old and make a rule that Force-pinching isn?t aloud??
    Hilarious

?Hero business? With this group?? Tahiri asked. ?Surely you jest.?
    I can?t wait for more updates

He simply reached out, wrapping his arms around someone?s body, and propelled his body into the air, away from the wall of viewports
    I?m going to spend the time between now and the next update fantasizing that the ?body? he wrapped his arms around was Tahiri?s. I?m afraid that it was Tanith?s?but I?m gonna laugh if it was Luke?s!

21. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    This is really great, I love how you kinda talk with the cahracters.

It is very different from what I usually read. Post more soon please.

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    As much as I enjoy the radical introduction of OC's, if you make Jacen go for this new scientist girl, I'll...

Well, suffice it to say you'll have some unhappy readers.

All in jest, JJD, all in jest. :) ;)

Great start! I loved the banter between the known characters, and your OC's have managed to draw me into their stories already. Keep it up!

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Reva- Yay, you posted! Yay! Yes, I did! :) I?ll try to post every Wednesday. I love how you kinda talk with the cahracters. Thanks. I try! :D

It gets even more . . . I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, good. Well, as long as it?s good!

Lola- Great post. Thanks! So who did Jacen grab, Tahiri or the scientist chick? Well, I guess we?ll just have to wait and see, now won?t we? ;) But whatever happens, don?t jump to conclusions!

And if it was Tahiri, where's Kyp and the scientist chick? And will they be a couple by the time they get to Csilla? Nope, ?fraid not. I don?t know how to write Jaina/Jag, so this will be Kyp and Jaina. Eventually. There probably won?t be any serious romance for awhile.
    preggers- I love him, too! [face_love] I honestly don?t think I could decide between him and Kyp!
    does that make sense? Actually, it does.

Do I even need to say anything? But since when has that stopped me? She?s defending him to his own sister?she must feel something?whether she?s aware of it, one can only guess LOL! [face_laugh]

One day they were 16 yr olds (Tahiri 13) and the next they were flying in elite squadrons and running missions. Exactly. Glad to see somebody else noticed that, too. :) To see them act like kids every now and then is a real treat when it?s done well. Here of course it is done well. Thanks!

Hmmm?they both have the same issues?they would have a lot to talk about? This is very true. One of the reasons the last full-length fic I wrote was Jacen/Tahiri. They?re way too similar for their own goods. :D

I?ve always had an image of Kyp as just that: a little guy. So naturally my assumption was that Lowie said something about Kyp?s size in response to Kyp?s comment and it made me giggle too. It?s frightening that you?re reading my mind on so many things. I put Kyp at about 5?7?, 5?8?, and that was what I had in mind when I wrote that bit!

LOL Let?s hope she has a sense of humor? Yeah?that?s gonna be the interesting thing? [face_devil]

Whose of jealous of ?daddy?s girl??. :D

I loved this line for 2 reasons:
    1: It was funny
    2: If Jaina is with Jag that frees Kyp up to put the moves on the Scientist?which frees Jacen up to awkwardly try and maybe see if he could possibly, if she isn?t already busy, spend some time with Tahiri?
    Reason one, thanks. Reason two?well, part of it?s true, and part of it?s not. I guess you?ll just have to wait and see what part! [face_devil]

And by the way, I totally wish I?d written it that it was Luke?s! That would be way too funny for words! [face_laugh] :D

Austyn- As much as I enjoy the radical introduction of OC's, if you make Jacen go for this new scientist girl, I'll... Well, suffice it to say you'll have some unhappy readers. See below? [face_devil]

Great start! I loved the banter between the known characters, and your OC's have managed to draw me into their stories already. Keep it up! Thanks so much!

preggers and Austyn- Actually, originally I had planned for Jacen to end up with Tanith?but then I changed my mind, cuz it just didn?t feel right. I didn?t change this scene around much because it was kinda important later. Anyways, now take a wild guess as to who I?m going to write with whom. :D ;) :p

24. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Wellllllllll....

Having stayed up lastnight way past my bed time to re-read Joy in the Morning and the missing scene with T&J from TUF....it better be Tahiri and Jacen and Kyp and the Sceintist.

How funny is it that sceintist have gotten such a bumb rap from all of us after the whole NJO/Danni Quee fiasco.

Oh... and Chasm...I swear to god my chest was tight and hurt reading TK's emotions. You write emotions and feelings so freakin' well it's insane. I sort of have to laugh everytime I see your little note at the beginning of Chasm where you say that TK is so hard to write and when she's done well she's an amazing character and when she's done badly she's cardboard. You give her more life and depth then any EU writer ever has come close too. Even her creators.

ANd just to straighten out for Austyn where my loyalties lay...Of course I love J&TK...but reading Chasm again I was struck by a lot of really good reasons why J&TK simply would not work, freeing Jacen up for Tahiri.

There are certain J&TK stories I absolutely adore and am slavish in reading *coughupdatethesequeltonotthewayweplannedit
    alreadyAustyncough* but someone has to actually write them before I can comment.

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    preggers- Wellllllllll....

Having stayed up lastnight way past my bed time to re-read Joy in the Morning and the missing scene with T&J from TUF....it better be Tahiri and Jacen and Kyp and the Sceintist. Did you really? I hope you enjoyed them, even though I really don't think Joy in the Morning is up to my standards. I'm really proud of Peace, though. :) And what did I say earlier? It will be Kyp and Jaina! [face_devil] Don't worry, though--Jacen will end up happy, Tahiri will end up happy, and I like to think that you will, too! :)

How funny is it that sceintist have gotten such a bumb rap from all of us after the whole NJO/Danni Quee fiasco. Amen! It's hilarious!

Oh... and Chasm...I swear to god my chest was tight and hurt reading TK's emotions. You write emotions and feelings so freakin' well it's insane. [face_blush] Wow. Thank you so much. I sort of have to laugh everytime I see your little note at the beginning of Chasm where you say that TK is so hard to write and when she's done well she's an amazing character and when she's done badly she's cardboard. You give her more life and depth then any EU writer ever has come close too. Even her creators. [face_blush] I'm flattered. Thank you so much.

ANd just to straighten out for Austyn where my loyalties lay...Of course I love J&TK...but reading Chasm again I was struck by a lot of really good reasons why J&TK simply would not work, freeing Jacen up for Tahiri. Yeah. I think if the Vong War hadn't have happened, it could have worked...but now, I just don't see the two of them happening. Which is why I wrote Chasm.

There are certain J&TK stories I absolutely adore and am slavish in reading *coughupdatethesequeltonotthewayweplannedit
    alreadyAustyncough* but someone has to actually write them before I can comment.
    [face_devil] Yes. I want more, too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.