main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Who We Are Instead ~post-NJO~ Jacen, Jaina, Kyp, Jag, Tahiri, OCs, others? Up'd 10/9!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    JS- M HERE!!!!! I?m glad. [face_smile]
    Nice update. You write those action sequences real well, I must say. Awesome. Thanks. I appreciate you saying that because I tend to struggle with action. That makes me feel a lot better about that post. :D
    Interesting plot developments; I'm betting the team will have to find out about Tanith's little secret after this! Well?somebody will, at least. I make no promises. ;)
    And yes, I suppose college can only get better (I hope!) Ugh, I know. But that?s what they tell me, so I choose to trust them.
    Thanks for posting; made a nice break from studying! You?re welcome. It was a good break for me, too.

Tahiri_Rose- I'm Here, I apoligise for all the lurking that I have been doing but rest assured I devour each and every update. I?m glad. And I know a lot about lurking?So I won?t hold it against you?this time. ;) 8-}

I am loving this story and I really loved how you portrayed Jag, I have never really liked him or understood him in cannon but you made him realistic and very cool. Thank you! I find him challenging, because I don?t really like him, so it?s good to know I?m handling him okay.

Any chance of come J/T scenes comming up We shall see? [face_devil]

I'll be good I promise, . Thanks for the reassurance. [face_laugh]

Barefoot_XO- I'm still hoping for some Jg/T... *slaps forehead* Oh, no, did Jilly get to you, too? The universe is doomed! That girl! [face_devil] Just kidding. That may be the weirdest most random probable ship ever, but I really love it when Jilly writes it.

Any hope? You can dream, brother. I would never take that away from you. :p

Don't worry... As long as Tahiri is happy and it's well written, I'll read it... Good, good. The first part shouldn?t be a problem?as for the last, well, you?ll have to judge that. ;)

theatrejock- Nice, action-packed chapter. Whatever I feel about Jag Fel, I do like Shawnkyr, and I enjoy good writing. Thanks. I?m not that crazy about Jag, either, but he felt necessary to this story, and besides, it?s good for me to write someone I don?t like and make him sympathetic. Makes for a good challenge. And yeah, Shawnkyr?s pretty cool. Do you read Courtship of Jagged Fel? If you like Shawnkyr, you should. She kicks butt in it. :D

I believe this chapter fits the above well, so great job. Thank you!

I can't wait for more. More by the end of the week! I?m almost done with the next post?.

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm trying to get back on the Wednsday post thing. So here it is. Jacen (with some Tahriri) next post. ;)

~Tanith

The incidence of memory is like light from dead stars whose influence lingers long after the events themselves.

--David Horowitz
    Radical Son

From her first moment on Csilla, Tanith had appreciated the stoicism and lack of curiosity of the Chiss?she looked on it as a gift from the Force?but she had never been quite so thankful for it until now. Their strange red eyes betrayed nothing as she staggered out of the Library, panting and pale, and down the tangle of hallways to the room she hsared with Jaina and Tahiri, thanking the Force that it was empty. Gasping for breath, she collapsed onto the bed, feeling every bit of strength flow out of her. Not again. Not again. I cannot bear it again.

She knew what was coming and plugged her ears, but she could not block out the voice?her brother?s whisper mixed with her cousin?s sneer and her grandfather?s rumble and her father?s strangely lilting accent?from echoing in her head. Damn the ghosts! The past stalks in every shadow. Don?t blink. Never sit with your back to a door.
    Damn the ghosts! She was cursed?the living and the dead haunted her. Can I never be free? Can I never escape the past? she demanded of the voices. Will I never have peace?

It was only Faolan?s voice now, quite and subdued, and she could almost see the oceans of sadness in his eyes. Never, he said. We possess nothing surely but the past, Aneira. We are the past.

What happened to you, brother? Where did your dreams go? Who stole them from you? You were always so certain we would find it in the end? Why are you despairing? But there was no answer. She did not need one. The answer to everything was the answer to this question, as well.

The past.

Curling up on the middle of the bed, sobs wracking her, she cried herself to sleep, weeping for herself, for her brother, for her family, and for a peace that would never be.

A brisk rap on the door woke her. Disoriented, mind cloudy, she stumbled reluctantly out of the bed and to the door. It slid open with a thud and suddenly Tanith was painfully aware of her tear-stained, swollen face and tangled hair. The tall human captain?Fel, everyone in the galaxy knew his name?stood in the doorway, ramrod straight, face as emotionless as a Chiss?s. He jerked a sharp bow and Tanith felt her face flame. ?May I have a word with you?? he asked blandly.

Pressing cold hands to her burning cheeks, she gestured him into the sitting room of the suite. He waited till she sank into a chair, then sat bolt upright on the edge of his own. She found that she could not meet his unbearably steady green eyes. She could not think of a single thing to say. Erian would know, would ooze his way through what she knew was to come.
    She stared down at her hands that were twisting in her lap, her hair falling down around her face. She felt further away, safer, like that. That is, until he held out a piece of flimsiplast, ending the ghastly silence. Without knowing why, she felt the blood leave her cheeks as she reached out a tentative hand to take it.

?I thought perhaps you might like to see this?perhaps even explain it.? His voice was, as always, controlled and confident, but she barely heard it.

As soon as her eyes lit upon the words, the blood rushed back and then away from her face in two second?s time. Heart pounding, she jerked to her feet, eyes flying up to meet Fel?s. This couldn?t be happening. Of course it was. ?Did you??

?No one has seen it but my partner and myself,? Fel cut in. As she weakly lowered herself into the chair, he continued, ?And that does not have to change?if I get he answers I want. Do you understand??

His voice was sharp, with a note of authority she?d been taught to recognize, and she had no choice but to nod. She realized with a distant part of her mind that her hands were shakin

3. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Very good posts. I really do like your portrayal ot Jag. It's good to see him as more than pilot boy grim or making googly eyes at Jaina. It was nice to see Jag and Tanith after the attack. That's the kind of Jag I love. Now that someone knows her secret, Tanith's journey should be all the more interesting. Now we'll have to see what happens when the Jedi find out about the attack...

Great reading. Thanks.

4. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Yay, new post! :)
    Great character development; I agree with MJade, I really liked Jag in this post. And I could really sympathize for Tanith's situation.
    Wonderful, and thank you for another great post! :D
    ~JS

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    MJade- Very good posts. I really do like your portrayal ot Jag. It's good to see him as more than pilot boy grim or making googly eyes at Jaina. Thanks. That's what I was going for...'cuz he really could be such an interesting character. It was nice to see Jag and Tanith after the attack. That's the kind of Jag I love. :D I'm glad. Now that someone knows her secret, Tanith's journey should be all the more interesting. Now we'll have to see what happens when the Jedi find out about the attack... Interesting is the word.... Will we? ;)

Great reading. Thanks.[ You're welcome. Thank you.

JS- Yay, new post! happy :D
    Great character development; I agree with MJade, I really liked Jag in this post. And I could really sympathize for Tanith's situation. Thanks. I'm so glad.
    Wonderful, and thank you for another great post! grin You're welcome. Thanks for reading.

6. JeediMoriah

JeediMoriah Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    =D=*gives you a cookie* I love this! More! *sits down, eats a cookie and waits for more*[face_whistling]

7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    JeediMoriah- applause *gives you a cookie* I love this! More! *sits down, eats a cookie and waits for more* I love cookies! Thank you! :D More on Wednesday! Thanks for reviewing!

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in preparation for today's post. :)

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    A post!

Jacen
    ?Anakin marched to the beat of a drum that no one at all was playing.?

?Roger Macbride Allen
    Ambush at Corellia

He was resting in the Library, sprawled out in a chair, reflecting on all that had changed in his life since last he had been here?on this planet, in this room, in this chair. He was not the same person he had been. A year more of war and five more years of travel had left their mark. Last time, the pain of Anakin?s death and of his own torture was still fresh; no solution to the war seemed forthcoming; he was worried about Jaina and Tahiri?s ability to adjust to their new places in the universe; Zenoma Sekot was still a legend that, no matter what Uncle Luke said, only he, Jacen, really believed in. Everyday everyone awoke dreading what the day would bring, what awful news of a planet?s fall or a friend?s death would interrupt the fragile, tense routine of the day.

Now? The galaxy was still a mess, but they had hope again. The people he loved were as safe as they?heroes all?could ever be with the blood that they had. He?d made a semblance of peace with Anakin?s death and his own torture, though he still did and always would miss his brother everyday. Zenoma Sekot had been found, the War ended, and myths turned to reality. And here he was on a relatively simple mission with many of the people who meant most to him. It was so good to be back with Jaina, the way they?d always been, with only subtle differences, though, since her talk with Jag, she?d been distant. Though he?d never been close to Kyp or Jag or Valin, and Tanith was still a strange, somehow he felt like he was back with family. And then there were the ones who were and always would?literally?part of his family: Lowie, and, of course, Tahiri?

Speak of the Sith.

?Ugh. I had to get out of there.?

Two bare feet and then a body swung over the back of the armchair facing his, and Tahiri landed in the seat. He smiled, amused.

?That bad, huh??

She rolled her eyes and moaned. ?You have no idea. Jaina?s been alternatingly snappy and brooding, and Tanith?? She sighed. ?It?s Tanith.?

?And you?re driving them every bit as crazy as they are you.?

She mock-glared at him, then laughed. ?Misery loves company and can?t stand happiness.?

?Are you happy?? he asked.

She shrugged. ?Only you would feel the need to ask that question. I don?t know. You?d think they would drag me down with them, but they haven?t. Maybe I?m just a contrarian and my subconscious goal is to be irritating. Or maybe I really am happy to be back in action. Either way, I?m as content as I have been in a long time.?

?Better than on the ship?? he asked, remembering their conversation.

?Strangely, yes. I guess I?m just as mood-swingy as Jaina.?

How true. Ever since the war ended, it had gotten better, but there were still sensitive subjects: Anakin, the other friends she?d lost, Sernpidal, Myrkr, Jag, Kyp?. But that was Jaina. He couldn?t have loved her more if she wasn?t that way. He even had to love that flaw?and all the others?of hers, just as he loved everything about her. She was more than his sister, she was the other half of his soul. He understood her better than she understood herself. He didn?t always agree, but he always understood.

?I?ll never understand it.?

His head jerked up, Tahiri?s thoughtful words interrupting his thoughts. ?What??

?You and Jaina. I don?t see how any connection could possibly be deeper than Anakin?s and mine, but yours and Jaina?s?it?s scary.?

?Tell me about it. If she died, I would, too.? He had no idea why he had said that; e was not being melodramatic; he wouldn?t have said it if it wasn?t true; he knew it the way he knew the Force existed and guided him when he let it; but still, there was no need to actually say it. It was very unlike him. Jaina had told him on Mon Calamari that she?d known, in her soul, that he wasn?t dead while he was in the hands of the Yuuzahn Vong, because she never could have lived without him.

10. Jedi_Sword

Jul 27, 2005
    I love that quote at the beginning; that was one of the lines that stuck with me after reading Ambush at Corellia (that was the one, right?) oh about, eight years ago! :D
    No, that was a really nice post; very nice introspection with Jacen and Tahiri. Wow; Anakin was the greatest Jedi ever, Jacen is the living Jedi dream, and all Jaina gets to be is some uber lightsaber? Not fair. ;)
    ~JS (PS: YAY! First reply!) :)

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    JS- I love that quote at the beginning; that was one of the lines that stuck with me after reading Ambush at Corellia (that was the one, right?) oh about, eight years ago! grin Yeah...the Corellian trilogy doesn't stick out in my mind as the best of SW literature, but it did give me several absolutely wonderful lines to ponder, including this one. Was it really that long ago? I hadn't even discovered YJK then, were you really reading way back then? Impressive that you've hung on this long! :D

No, that was a really nice post; very nice introspection with Jacen and Tahiri. Wow; Anakin was the greatest Jedi ever, Jacen is the living Jedi dream, and all Jaina gets to be is some uber lightsaber? Not fair. wink [face_laugh] Glad you liked it! Well, think about Han's gotta feel about this:
    Son One: Living Jedi Dream
    Daughter: Sword off the Jedi
    Son Two: Greatest Jedi Ever

Poor guy. And all he wanted to do was pay off Jabba! :D [face_laugh]

But honestly, with their heritage, they have to be what they have to be. I'm not sure they ever had much a choice in their destinies. Oh, well. They're Solos. They'll make the best of it (except for Jimmy, of course). ;)

~JS (PS: YAY! First reply!) :) Thanks for the review!

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
  13. Jedi_Sword

Jul 27, 2005
    I discovered the expanded universe in 5th grade and am still stuck on it! [face_tired] The Corellian Trilogy was probably my favorite back then, just because I could relate with the kids, although I'm sure I didn't understand it very well, as I was like...ten.:) But yup, sometimes I feel like I've grown up with the Solo kids (wait, is that sad? I hope not...[face_plain] )

[face_laugh] Yeah... I know in one the NJOs someone made a joke about how impossible it would be for Ben to grow up and have like a desk job or something. THAT would be hilarious, and super weird.
    :D ~JS

14. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    I hope that more is soon on its way. This is a really great story and the perfect late night read for night owls like me. I just love the way that you understand everone's relationships. keep up the good work and may there be some Kyp/Jaina action soon.

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    JS- I discovered the expanded universe in 5th grade and am still stuck on it! tired The Corellian Trilogy was probably my favorite back then, just because I could relate with the kids, although I'm sure I didn't understand it very well, as I was like...ten. happy But yup, sometimes I feel like I've grown up with the Solo kids (wait, is that sad? I hope not... plain ) No, that's not sad! That's funny! I think I was in about seventh grade...actually, I seem to remember taking every single YJK book with me from the library on vacation that summer and reading them all (I read very quickly). I was also reading JAT at the time, but I distinctly remember thinking, "Too bad this Kyp guy is so much older than Jaina, or they could get married!" ( I kid you not).

laugh Yeah... I know in one the NJOs someone made a joke about how impossible it would be for Ben to grow up and have like a desk job or something. THAT would be hilarious, and super weird. I remember that, and I thought it was hilarious, too!

Twin_solo_Durron- I hope that more is soon on its way. This is a really great story and the perfect late night read for night owls like me. I just love the way that you understand everone's relationships. keep up the good work and may there be some Kyp/Jaina action soon. On Wednesday, I promise. Thanks so much! And yeah, there should be some K/J soon... :D [face_devil]

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Sorry it's been so long! As a forgiveness offering, here's a post now, and I'll try my hardest to get up another one on Wednesday.

Wittle postie, but I hope you wike it!

~Jaina
    ?But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you / and loved the sorrows of your changing face.?

--W.B. Yeats?

Jaina was thankful for the roaring of the Falcon?s engine. It was comfortable, familiar as her father?s voice?in a way, it was her father?s voice. After flying the Trickster for so long during the War, with its eerie silence, she had a newfound appreciation for the roar, the plinks, the groans of a convention engine.

It also made great background music for brooding, something she?d been doing a lot of lately. She knew this because every time Jacen looked at her, she saw a gentle chastisement almost hidden behind the compassion in his eyes. I?m here, his eyes said, and she knew that. It was the rock her life was built on. But it also vaguely annoyed her, because she didn?t want to talk to him. Jacen always understood everything, too well, and she didn?t want understand now?five days without more than a few hours of sleep a night will do that to a person. She wanted solitude to pick at her wounds, like a small child peeling at a scab.

?Goddess??

She sighed. So much for that.

She didn?t around in the pilot?s chair, her father?s chair. It somehow bore his imprint after almost forty years of it being his other home, and sitting in the chair almost felt like getting a hug from the aging scoundrel. She felt small in it, insufficient, somehow. She always had.

?What do you need, Kyp??

She heard and felt him sit down in the copilot?s seat, Chewie?s once, now her mother?s. Usually it felt strange to see anyone else sit there. Somehow, though it felt right for Kyp to be there. She didn?t want to think about what that might mean.

?Want to talk??

?Not really.? She still didn?t look at him.

?Tough.? That was his favorite word, she decided. He was forever saying itand it always meant he was going to force her to do something she didn?t want to do. She didn?t really feel like sparring. Tough. She was too tired to sim. Tough. She hated confrontation and didn?t want to talk to Tahiri about Anakin or Zekk about Hapes. Tough. She was too keyed up to meditate. Tough. She didn?t want to help review new pilots. Tough. He was forever on her back, making her, with that one word, do things she didn?t want but knew she needed to do. She hated?and loved?him for it. She was simultaneously frustrated with and grateful to him for it. That was Kyp.

?Jay, snap out of it. If you won?t talk to me, at least talk to Jacen.?

?I don?t want to talk to Jacen. I don?t want to talk to anyone.?

?To Tahiri, then. She?s had her heart broken, too.?

?My heart is not broken,? she snapped, finally spinning to face him, eyes flashing.

He just looked at her for a moment, then grinned slowly, smugly. She hated that grin, the one he?d been giving her since his icy base before Sernpidal, the one that made her stomach twist around. She always wanted to wipe it off his face, either by a slap or a kiss. She really hated that.

?There, that wasn?t that hard, was it?? he drawled, leaning lazily back in Leia?s seat.

She fell back into her own seat, crossing her arms and scowling at the blue tunnel of star-tails twirling outside the viewport. He had tricked her again. He was always doing that. For someone who called herself a Trickster goddess, she was far too easily manipulated by him. And he didn?t even use the Force on her anymore.

?So your heart isn?t broken, Jay. What does that mean, exactly?

?Shut up, Durron.?

?Does that mean you didn?t love him??

?Shut up, Durron.? She did not want to think about this, much less talk about it with him. In fact, she?d rather talk about it with Zero-One?s former owner than with Kyp.

Why?

?I mean, he seems a whole lot less broken up about it than you.

17. Jedi_Sword

Jul 27, 2005
    YAY!!! Kyp and Jaina!!! Finally!
    That was sweet; Kyp's such a nice guy. Jaina will find peace with him, right?! ;)
    Awesome post, and it was worth the wait! :D
    ~JS

18. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Yay for Kyp and Jaina. [face_love]

I certainly would like to see more of them. Probably because I never really cared for Jacen or Tahiri. I like Jag and Tanith well enough, but, really... (sigh) more K/J? Oh, and Valin!

I have to say that I was in a funny mood not so long ago and re-read Resistance. I'm absolutely amazed how much you grew up as a writer - not that you were not good to begin with. :) Keep the good work, please.

A.

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    JS- YAY!!! Kyp and Jaina!!! Finally! I'm so glad you're happy! [face_laugh]
    That was sweet; Kyp's such a nice guy. Jaina will find peace with him, right?! wink Nice? Do you think Jaina happens to like nice men? ;) As for the question...well...Come on, it's me! I'm evil, but I'm not that evil!

Awesome post, and it was worth the wait! grin I'm glad you thought so.

Ars_longa- Yay for Kyp and Jaina. love Yeah...that's how I feel.

I certainly would like to see more of them. Probably because I never really cared for Jacen or Tahiri. I like Jag and Tanith well enough, but, really... (sigh) more K/J? Oh, and Valin! There will be more of them...and mush eventually. :D ;) Do you not like Jacen and Tahiri as characters or as a pairing? Just interested. Yeah, I probably write Kyp and Jaina best, and I know you're a fan. :) Yeah, I feel like I'm neglecting Valin. I'll give him a post in a few posts or so. Poor guy. It should be fun to get inside his head now that he's in luv! [face_laugh]

I have to say that I was in a funny mood not so long ago and re-read Resistance. I'm absolutely amazed how much you grew up as a writer - not that you were not good to begin with. happy Keep the good work, please.

UGH! Did you read that!? Please tell me you're lying! That has to be the most atrocious piece of work known to man. I blush just to think of it. The only thing it is good for at all is showing you how far I've come...Please wipe it from your mind and pretend like you never read it! [face_devil] :_| [face_laugh]

Thanks, you two. More Wednesday (if DRL and his twin Darth College don't gang up on me!).

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    I really enjoyed Kyp as Jaina's conscience in this post! Very well written.

And loved the bantering - echoes of Han and Leia...LOL!

Great job!

oldj

21. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    I'm indifferent to Tahiri, altough I liked her in a couple of instances. not enough to spike a general interest, though. And I actively dislike Jacen, but don't start me on this topic, I can go on for long. :) Therefore, I don't particularly care about this pairing, too.

Yeah, I probably write Kyp and Jaina best, and I know you're a fan. :) Yeah, I feel like I'm neglecting Valin. I'll give him a post in a few posts or so. Poor guy. It should be fun to get inside his head now that he's in luv! [face_laugh]

I like Valin. Strange, isn't it, that we can like a very episodical character and dislike the established ones, on which authors are spending a lot of screen time trying to make us love them. Hate is probably too much a word for that, but I do dislike Corran Horn and Jacen Solo, because if I'd met them in RL, I would have disliked them. Doesn't matter that they are not flesh and blood. :) And sometimes I really wonder if Kyp is real - he certainly seems so to me. :)

UGH! Did you read that!? Please tell me you're lying! That has to be the most atrocious piece of work known to man. I blush just to think of it. The only thing it is good for at all is showing you how far I've come...Please wipe it from your mind and pretend like you never read it! [face_devil] :_| [face_laugh]

Don't be so hard on yourself. :) It's immature and pretty silly, but it really got some nice touches, the writing is smooth and I liked the overlay mood of it. It works for me in this 'let's pretend I'm fourteen' sort of way. Pure, incadesced escapism - in my 33 I can allow myself not to be an adult 24/7. :)

And you're very welcome. Be sure I'm reading, even if I don't always comment. And if you want to chat about writing and Kyp and Jaina on YM or MSN or whatever, just let me know.

A.

22. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Oh how very sweet. Yaya for kyppie and jaya. I cant wait to see where u take this please keep up the good work with another postie soon please.

23. JeediMoriah

JeediMoriah Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Awww, usually i'm only really interested in the Jacen and Tahiri stuff. But that post really made me like Jaina/Kyp. Good job! Can't wait for more, maybe some Tahiri soon?:)

24. dark_jedi_lover

dark_jedi_lover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Hello, new reader here.

The other day I was bored and cruisin' around the boards and your fic caught my eye, cuz I just love OCs [face_love] So I started reading and was instantly hooked! I love this story, you write such awesome drama, and even though I've never read any EU except for one YJK book, I have fallen in love with all the characters (especially Jacen, and Tahiri...and Kyp [face_batting] ). Your OCs are fascinating and very believable.

The last two posts were especially great, I'm so in love with Jacen/Tahiri and Kyp/Jaina, and I ain't seen nothing yet! *hint hint* ;)

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    oldj- I really enjoyed Kyp as Jaina's conscience in this post! Very well written. Thanks! :D

And loved the bantering - echoes of Han and Leia...LOL! It's overdone, I know...but there are reasons why cliches are cliches. [face_laugh]

Great job! Thanks!

Ars_longa- I'm indifferent to Tahiri, altough I liked her in a couple of instances. not enough to spike a general interest, though. And I actively dislike Jacen, but don't start me on this topic, I can go on for long. happy Therefore, I don't particularly care about this pairing, too. Hmmm... [face_thinking] Interesting.

I like Valin. Strange, isn't it, that we can like a very episodical character and dislike the established ones, on which authors are spending a lot of screen time trying to make us love them. So true. Hate is probably too much a word for that, but I do dislike Corran Horn and Jacen Solo, because if I'd met them in RL, I would have disliked them. I feel the same way about Corran. Doesn't matter that they are not flesh and blood. happy And sometimes I really wonder if Kyp is real - he certainly seems so to me. happy Of course Kyp is real! And I'm going to marry him! ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself. happy It's immature and pretty silly, but it really got some nice touches, the writing is smooth and I liked the overlay mood of it. Thanks. I really appreciate that. It works for me in this 'let's pretend I'm fourteen' sort of way. Pure, incadesced escapism - in my 33 I can allow myself not to be an adult 24/7. happy Well, considering I was fourteen when I wrote it, I guess I can live with that!

And you're very welcome. Be sure I'm reading, even if I don't always comment. And if you want to chat about writing and Kyp and Jaina on YM or MSN or whatever, just let me know. Thanks so much! :)

Twin_solo_Durron- Oh how very sweet. Yaya for kyppie and jaya. I cant wait to see where u take this please keep up the good work with another postie soon please. Aren't they cute? :D Another post soon, I hope!

JeediMoriah- Awww, usually i'm only really interested in the Jacen and Tahiri stuff. Ha! You and Ars are opposites! Hilarious! But that post really made me like Jaina/Kyp. Good job! Thanks! I'm flattered! [face_blush] Can't wait for more, maybe some Tahiri soon? Yeah, I think so, I'll have to check my post outline...

dark_jedi_lover- Hello, new reader here. Yay! My favorite thing in the whole world (besides Kyp and Jacen), a new reader! :D Welcome! [:D]

The other day I was bored and cruisin' around the boards and your fic caught my eye, cuz I just love OCs love So I started reading and was instantly hooked! I love this story, you write such awesome drama, and even though I've never read any EU except for one YJK book, I have fallen in love with all the characters (especially Jacen, and Tahiri...and Kyp batting ). Your OCs are fascinating and very believable. I'm so glad you stopped by! Thank you so much! [face_blush] I try!

The last two posts were especially great, I'm so in love with Jacen/Tahiri and Kyp/Jaina, and I ain't seen nothing yet! *hint hint* wink That's true...you haven't! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.