main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who/What DON'T you want to see in Epi. 7?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    george lucus's daughter.......( thats a huge .......)

2. mutantchair

mutantchair Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    The thing that always drives me crazy in Clone Wars and other Expanded Universe stories is all the lines and situations that are obvious homages to, references to, or direct lifts from the original movies: "I have a bad feeling about this," "bantha poodoo," "at last we will have revenge," etc.

Don't rehash/reference Star Wars... just make new Star Wars.

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  3. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    No EU character please! I'd like to see them CREATE something original. Oh and no more Ewoks please.

4. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    For the most part I just hope they don't bring back dead characters, we really don't need to see Vader or the Emperor or Maul striding around. That said, I don't mind if there's some kind of flashback in there somewhere, a throw away scene to Obi or something of the like, as long as it's done right and doesn't take over the whole film.

5. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I second that! (only except for the "I have a bad feeling about this...")

Very obvious and transparent homages pull me out of the experience. (This was one of my banes in the first Alien vs. Predator movie, they constantly threw references at the audience... just get one with the film, I say!:D)

mutantchair likes this.
  6. mutantchair

mutantchair Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    OK... to compromise, I'll be happy if immediately after somebody says "I have a bad feeling about this," something ridiculously good happens. Like Han proposing to Leia, or Chewie saving the day at the last moment.

Vespasian likes this.
  7. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    You have a deal.

8. Kragworn

Kragworn Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Moving this....

9. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    I don't want to see Boba Fett - he's dead.

10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    No children as leads. No EU. No gungans. Minimal CGI!

Padme501st likes this.
  11. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    The idea that there can only be 2 Sith at one time. It just makes things boring. The Sith should be numerous and as varied
    as the Jedi. Sure, they should hate each other, and be constantly trying one up each other, even
    trying kill each other. But just make lots of them -- its makes thing much more interesting.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I don't want to see Chewie, Han or Leia. If Luke has to be a martyr fine but nothing more or him.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    No one related to the Skywalkers.

14. Darth-Jedi-Master

Darth-Jedi-Master Jedi Master star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    I dont want to see a gungan!

15. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    No 'Jedi Can't Be married'
    No old jedi costumes - update like luke did. Have a whole differant bunch of looks/styles
    No gungans
    No Vader
    No Palps

fishtailsam likes this.
  16. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I always hated that because Obi-wan dressed in Tattoine garb, and he was a jedi, that made all the PT jedi HAVE to dress in Tattoine garb....:confused::rolleyes:

17. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    A lot less CGI. Characters and sets both.

No resurrected Emperor, please god.

No cheesy supervillain type characters like Greivous. .

No recastings.

No young Anakin force ghost. If he does appear, I hope he is made to look his age at the time he died. Especially seeing as he will probably appear in scenes with Luke, and he'd be his dad... but he'd look 40 years younger than him...

No fat Leia in metal bikini

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Is this the same Disney that made a bunch of pg-13 pirate films under their own label? If the filmmakers want it to be pg-13 then it will be.

FinleySlade likes this.
  19. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    No old themes surrounding some black and white good vs evil concept. Our real world culture on earth has changed much over the years and it should be reflected in the new films- it would be good to see the Sith reemerge in 7 along with Luke training new Jedi but at some point have the lines between good and evil blurred where we would find ourselves rooting for the Sith to kill Jedi in some cases. Perhaps over the course of 3 films have the "dark side" simply merge with the Jedi in a sort of post modern nihilistic galaxy but not some "evil" or "good" galaxy....kinda like the hero's in The Watchmen and in reality where people are both good and bad. An overall darker feel to the series is needed. The end to Jedi and Sith in a sort of Nietzschean fashion. No more cheesy love stories either. Lucas failed miserably at that. I'd even go as far as to say they should make an R rated series and a PG rated (edited) series. Let all the people who are DEMANDING that we "think of the kids" take their poor kids to the cheesy PG versions filled with outdated social concepts surrounding relationships and human motivation. Basically, embrace the dark side. Maybe even make entire films from the perspective of the dark side.

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Defiantly no cloned Vader.

No Han/Luke/Leia recasting!

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    -No Gungans
    -No/Barely any EU (Riots will ensue if Timothy Zahn's trilogy is overridden in any way, shape, or form)
    -No to most TCW characters
    -No too overly comic characters
    -No "Yippee!"

To name but a few

22. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    Luke has to have a role and Mark Hamil needs to be the actor for Luke

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  23. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    No Empire.

24. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like no mention of prophecies.

25. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

Jaxxon. Loved him from the comics.

Have the Max Rebo band do a lively number backed by a cool dance crew. Homage to Step Up franchise.

Podracing with Vin Diesel and Paul Walker providing voices to the alien pod racers.