main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who will ACTUALLY kill Kylo?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Dec 25, 2015.

1. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    YES, there are probably many threads on this but hear me out... Many say Rey is going to kill Kylo. Others say Luke. Others say Snoke. My favorite one is that after he sees that Snoke doesn't need him anymore and Snoke tries to kill him, he will join his mother, and the Resistance. But if he has to die, I think it should be Chewie. C'mon I think it's a good plot. After he killed Chewie's friend, it's the least thing Chewie could do. Of course, he can't kill him, because Chewie is not force sensitive. But maybe in a battle Kylo gets hurt and tries to escape but we see Chewie kill him. Basically, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers decided to add that in. I do however prefer the one about Kylo realizing that Luke and Han were right about the dark side. DISCUSS!

seventhbeacon likes this.
  2. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    He'll kill himself. Not some sort of noble sacrifice or anything, he'll kill himself as a coward.

3. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Love Chewie, but no. He got his shot off.

For maximum emotional damage it should be his mother. That would be beyond heartbreaking.

4. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

It could be his mother -- if he asks her. As a reversal of Han's death. It could happen.

5. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    It could be Snoke, sacrifice himself for the greater cause, or perhaps the Knights of Ren mutiny against him. I love @jaqen's idea though - his mother killing him. That would be extremely emotional.

I suppose Luke or him outliving the sequel trilogy is possible, though I doubt it.

6. iamthesenate

iamthesenate Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Who I think it'll be: Snoke

Who I want to do so: Leia

7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

That's...perfect.

Tanjint, MattOrgana and Force22 like this.
  8. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think it will be Snolke. Reason: Snoke doesn't really want Kylo he wants Luke. Thinking he's more powerful than Sidious, I believe that after a fierce fight between Luke, Rey and Kylo Snoke will suceed in tempting Luke to the Dark side leaving Kylo hurt and abandoned. Kylo and Rey will somehow form an alliance to save the rebellion. Luke will take out Snoke in the end in similar fashion as Vader did. With some sort of Self sacrifice allowing Rey and Kylo to finish him off.

9. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013

Very intriguing idea. Don't think she'd really pull that trigger though. I think Finn might get off a good shot. I can see him kind of latching onto Leia as a mother-figure and being the son Ben should have been.

Sum-Wan likes this.
  10. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I still am not convinced that Ben will die by the end of the Trilogy. I think he will kill Snoke and become the new big bad guy in Episode 10 and beyond personally.

11. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Leia - With her love for Ben ..

Bwaahhhhhh ... I can see the both dying in each others arms in the middle of an exploding star in IX

12. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Snoke will.

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Uncle Luke will decapitate his ass and hang his head in his rented hut from Yoda on Dagobah next to his brand new set of power convertors for all to enjoy. The end.

14. Lord-Roy

Lord-Roy Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    Exactly what i was going to say.

15. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    I could actually see Luke saving Kylo from an angry Rey or Snoke and Kylo living through the whole series.

morrison85 likes this.
  16. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I think self-sacrifice is pretty much essential.

17. coolman756

coolman756 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2014
    After some major event (Kylo learning that Darth Vader redeemed himself?), Kylo realizes his motives were based on lies and goes through a total breakdown. He becomes a truly pathetic character (in the real sense of the word), ends up feeling unredeemable and all alone. In a scene where he [purposely] meets our main heroes, Kylo gets very emotional, tells Rey everything about how he saved her from the Jedi academy massacre, tells her he love her, maybe give them something that will help them along the way, after which he kills himself savagely, in a way that mirrors Han's death. Rey is torn apart.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Self sacrifice to save the day in 9

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    No one. He lives.
    Jesus, Grandpa! Why'd you read me this book?

20. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    On a purely gut level, I want to see Chewie blast him in the face with that bowcaster, haha.

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  21. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    I think it would be really emotional if they had Kylo Ren get killed by his mother,though they might go the safe route and have either Rey kill him or have Chewbacca kill him.

22. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    For me theres no redemption journey after killing HAN SOLO.

I hope he dies in the most coward, ridicolous way as possible.

JonoLFC likes this.
  23. Darth Krayt

Darth Krayt Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    What if Kylo Ren eventually kills Snoke and BECOMES the big baddie for the next trilogy? We will then see his entire transformation from being an apprentice to become a Dark Side Master! He will probably be killed by Rey

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, there's no redemption story here. Anakin, who was going darkish, was tricked into joining up, out of a selfish possession of love and a lust for power. He was redeemed because he realized that if Luke was such a good person, and he created Luke, then Luke was right...there had to be some good left in him.

Kylo grew up with loving parents and the best jedi uncle ever. He was a prince. And it wasn't enough. He willingly chose to walk down the dark path. I don't know what Kylo's aim is, if he wants power, or if he really believes that the darkside is more pure, or if he's just running away from his family legacy. Perhaps all three. Now it could be possible that Snoke has toyed with him his entire life, talking to him in Vader's voice, leading him down this path. But Kylo is very aware of the choice. Rey and Luke can't be agent of redemption for him.

I think he dies by Snoke. Snoke wants his power, perhaps to exist, or perhaps grow stronger. I think the end comes when Snoke takes Kylo. Perahps Kylo goes along with this, or realizes it too late, but Kylo makes the choice.

25. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    My hope is, he doesn't die. What I would like to see is this:

Episode 8:
    • Rey's training with Luke is almost complete, as is Kylo's training with Snoke.
    • We get a Kylo vs Rey rematch. Kylo defeats Rey. During the duel, Rey tries to discover why Kylo turned on the Jedi, and finds out that he turned to the darkside because it was the only way to become strong enough to defeat Snoke. Luke was only interested in the spiritual aspects of the force and refused to train him. In the end, Kylo is reminded who he used to be and spares Rey, but leaves her completely defeated. Rey is left with the realization that he is right, she cannot get stronger using Luke's training...the Darkside is stronger.
    • Luke confronts Snoke and we get to see how much stronger Luke has become. However, after being defeated, Snoke begs for mercy. Luke lets him go sensing that deep inside, Snoke is not completely evil, but hurt and damaged.
    • Snoke gets back up and takes a cheap shot, disarming Luke. Kylo Ren arrives and Snoke orders him to complete his fall to the darkside and kill Luke. Luke is able to win Kylo over and he turns on Snoke, however, by embracing the lightside, Kylo can't use his full strength and is easily defeated by Snoke. All seems lost as Snoke is about the kill Luke...
    • Rey shows up, and saves Luke. She appears way stronger than before, and is able to take on Snoke. She has given up on her training and embraced the Darkside to gain new power. Snoke is weakened from using his power, but still stronger than Rey. In the end, Luke has to sacrifice himself(becoming one with the force), in order to help Kylo and Rey escape.
    • At the end of the movie, we get Force Ghost Luke advising Rey that Kylo must now complete her training and teach her how to overcome the darkside. However, Kylo refuses to teach her, as he feels he is unworthy and nothing he can do will make up for all the evil he has been part of. Luke assures him, that only together can Rey and Kylo defeat Snoke.
    Episode 9:
    • Snoke has now assembled an army of darksiders, he plots the take over the galaxy and impose a darkside theocracy.
    • Kylo has been completing Rey's training, however, Rey is still filled with resentment towards Kylo and it prevents her from fully embracing the light-side. Kylo is filled with regret about his past.
    • Kylo's over arching theme in this movie will be his reluctance to face his mother. He cannot face her knowing what he has done, despite the fact she would like to see him.
    • Rey's over arching theme in this movie, is her final rejection of the darkside, realization that it truly is not stronger, and fulfillment of Luke's legacy.
    • In the final Battle, we have Rey and Kylo vs Snoke in a scene similar to that classic lava throne room from RotJ. We get a duel of fates style battle and in the end they defeat and destroy Snoke.
    • The movie ends with everyone reuniting, Kylo finally faces his mother and is embraced. And of course we get a Luke Force Ghost at the end.
    Episode 10 and beyond:
    • This is the main motivation to leave Kylo Ren alive at the end. Getting to see him make amends for all the wrong he has done. It's easy to watch Return of the Jedi and say "Oh, Vader killed the emperor and was redeemed, then died," but what if he had lived. I think this story telling aspect could be great. Seeing Kylo having to help make up for all he had done, by helping recreate Luke's order. That is what I think would work best based on the set-up we have from Episode 7. Having Kylo be redeemed then die, is too easy and similar to Vader. You could have him go pure evil, but then, what's the pay off? I really think this is the best way to go at this point. However, that is just my opinion.