main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who will ACTUALLY kill Kylo?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Dec 25, 2015.

1. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I could see something like this but I think Kylo would kill Snoke because he blames him for Han's death and not because he has any wishes to rule the galaxy by himself. Here's the theory, Kylo perhaps still feels the pull of the light side even though Snoke might've suggested that killing Han would cleanse Kylo of the light side. When it doesn't Kylo blames Snoke for essentially talking him into killing Han. Kylo then kills Snoke and purges himself of the light side once and for all.

2. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I've touched on this before but in a way I think that could be the case. It's easy for me to see Leia confronting Kylo and in that confrontation Leia reaffirms her unconditional love for her son. Over time this eats Kylo up inside and drives him more mad, eventually making the conflict within him so unbearable that it leads him killing himself.

3. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    If anything the new trilogy could be about Luke's redemption while it's also about the fall of Ben Solo.

On a side note if Kylo continues further down the dark path I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes even more physically deformed by the end of the new trilogy. Just look at Snoke, Anakin and the Palpatine. Pretty ugly dudes.

4. Lazy_Ewok

Lazy_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2016
    Carrie Fisher's dog maybe. ;)

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It seems so long from now, but I guess it'll be somewhat similar to how it happened with Vader. I hope not, though. I want something completely different, to be honest. Who knows, Kylo Ren could usurp Snoke and take over himself. It would be different since Vader failed to unseat his master himself. Besides, if they're going with another trilogy, that takes place ten or so years later, then who better to have as a villain than Kylo Ren, the new and true Emperor? :p They could have the First Order look like they were defeated, but eventually it's Kylo Ren who brings them back from the brink. Whatever the case, just be different. But my money's on that they won't. :(

6. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Luke will flick a pebble into one of the exhaust ports on Kylo's lightsaber thereby causing it to blow up...but it doesn't kill Kylo - it just stuns him and he stumbles backward and is run over by a space bus. The bus driver: Darth Plagueis.

7. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Leia and Kylo will kill each other like Arthur and Mordred.

cerealbox likes this.
  8. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Meanwhile, Luke will be injured and taken by maidens to Avalon......er....I mean Ahch-to.

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The Regular Mustache watch the triple posting. You had time to edit your posts together into one.

10. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009

Completely agree.

To further this I really like the idea that, through some plot contrivance, Kylo ends up being the mentor of the next trilogy's hero. It just seems like a really fun idea that the hero is learning from "Vader" rather than "Kenobi". Kylo would also be able to offer a very unique perspective on the force that we haven't seen in the films before. Regardless, I feel their is so much potential in a redeemed Kylo surviving that if he ultimately is redeemed I would be very disappointed to see him die.

run_luke_run and mima123 like this.
  11. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    He will... like this...
    [​IMG]

12. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    If he was played by Neil Patrick Harris, I might just jump into the screen and finish the job off, myself. :rolleyes:

13. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016

The only way I can see Kylo be redeemed is if they have a final trilogy planned.

And Kylo, like you said, becomes the next generation mentor. But only if he's the sacrificial mentor who dies in the first movie of the trilogy.
    Like Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Han Solo before him.

He dies then, similar to his namesake, Ben, and like his father Han.

14. mima123

mima123 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2016
    I dont want him get killed. No death for kylo in this trilogy, please.

BUT if they plan to kill him, I expect a good story telling. NO vader like death. NO death in the hands of non fs. NO death because of illness. The death scene has to be full of DRAMA. As his whole life is. Lol. Seriously. I like the character, if they gonna kill him, make it monumental.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I subscribe to the theory that Kylo and Rey are related, so I see a duel happening between them in which Rey doesn't deliver the final killing blow but that Kylo gets injured to the point of no return and dies as a result. Sounds similar to Vader and Luke in ROTJ, but I'd be cool with that. I don't think he needs to be redeemed or anything.

16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't think he'll be killed.

I think he will sacrifice himself to save someone, like Rey or Leia or whatever, ending in his death (Darth Vader-style).

17. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    He'll be crushed when a Monty Python-style anvil inexplicably falls from the sky during a pivotal moment.

18. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    The anvil won't kill him, but it will leave him with a "funny walk".

19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    He will not die, Kylo will kill Snoke and become Supreme Leader Vader Jr

20. Mcfly2727

Mcfly2727 Jedi Padawan

Dec 29, 2015
    Only option is for him to switch back to kill Snoke but kill himself in process. Anyone good "killing" him is "murder" and that is dark side-esque.

I still want Leia to bust out a Saber and go all Jedi...I mean, how could you NOT want to be trained if you knew you had same powers as Luke? Plus he said she will learn to use those powers as he did. Especially if no Jedi left - woudn't you instinctively get her all trained up first? Her unleashing a saber be like the moment we first saw Yoda do it in Ep 2. Itll prob be a pink saber lol

21. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Pink saber? I suppose she'll be fighting the good fight in her metal bikini too?

cerealbox likes this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about an immersion heater?
    [​IMG]

23. Lord Farnsworth

Lord Farnsworth Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    This is the thing about Kylo trying to purge himself of the light. Snoke wants him for that very purpose. He believes it makes him stronger. When looking at the past thousand years the Jedi and Sith were always in conflict. The dark vs. The light. Snoke wants both, so at this point we have no idea how he plans on doing it. In one of the trailers he was talking about the dark and light. From the poster Finn represents the light and Kylo represents the dark, and Rey is in the middle. Perhaps a manisfestation of both. Perhaps Snokes philosophy is that one cannot live without the other, and both are stronger when working together. Who knows how it will play out, but I put my money on all of the above when it comes to Kylo.

24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Mmm maybe but I think Snoke's main goal might be to use Kylo to find and destroy Luke.

25. Lord Farnsworth

Lord Farnsworth Jedi Padawan star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    As long as Luke exists his teachings about the Jedi will come into conflict with Snoke's. Snoke probably wants to get rid of the dark vs light and blend them as one.