Who will be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JediKnightOB1, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    I usually post on the spoiler forums but there are just to many crazy theories out there. It has become some what of a theory / speculation free-for-all.

My question to the people of this forum is...

Who will be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?

We all know that Anakin is going to become consumed by the dark side, we know that he will be responsible for the death of jedi, throught the purge, and we know that he will become Palpatines right hand man in the OT.

But what are your thoughts on the transformation of Anakin to Vader and again will you be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?
  2. The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't hate Vader, and I never have. I think he is a very cool character, and I think after I see Anakin's transformation into him (unless George screws it up) I think I will like Vader even more.
  3. mjerome3 Jedi Knight

star 6
    I have never hated Vader either. After all, to me he's the greatest villian of all time....
  4. youngvader Jedi Knight

star 5
    He was always my favorite character and will remain so.
  5. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    He's not one of my favourite characters but he's certainly a great character. But isn't the point of the OT that we are supposed to start out hating him, fearing him, and eventually grow to hope that he can be redeemed to Anakin?

-sj loves kevin spacey
  6. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight

star 5
    I don't hate him, and never did. He's an honorable soldier fighting for what he believes in, but makes a few wrong choices.

I feel sorry for him more than anything else. Now, Tarkin, Maul, and Dooku, I hate (in that "love-to-hate" sort of way).

Palpatine is just too brilliant to hate. My all-time favorite villain. [face_devil]
  7. Sophita Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Never hated Vader. Always was my favorite - I wanted him to win. ^_^; He's my favorite character, and it would be very hard to change that in EpIII. I do feel sorry for the guy though.
  8. Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Master

star 2
    When the first star wars movies were coming out, I remember all my friends hating Vader; I don't think any one liked him. I'd be curious to see if people that saw the movies for the first time on video or after his turn back was common knowledge view him from a different perspective than those who saw him as just evil and then were suprised by the change. did that make any sense?

Anyway, after episode three I want to hate him. I want him to be evil, evil, evil.
  9. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I also never hated Vader.

If anything, I think it will be harder to hate him after the PT because he's been portrayed as a cuddly teddy bear a few too many times in Episodes I & II.
  10. AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight

star 5
    If anything, I think I'll come to appreciate bad guy Vader after watching Episode III. Why? :eek: Because I'd already decided after watching Episode I and II, that I knew I was going to love Anakin as a bad @$$.

Therefore, I won't dislike Vader when I watch the OT again.

~aeryn
  11. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader is one of the best villians of all time, and I have been waiting for EP3 to be released just to see him kick some Jedi tail. If anything I will like him even more than I do now (unless GL messes up the transition and makes it cheesy).
  12. RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I won't hate Vader. He has long been one of my favorite characters. If anything, the PT has given me more respect for him, because I now know more about his background and the choices he made that led to his turn to the Dark Side.
  13. Bjork Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I don't think I've ever met anyone who really genuinely hated the character of Vader. Quite the contrary: people seem to oddly enjoy his cruelty and evilness.

On the other hand, Hayden/Jake/Pre-Vader Anakin have gotten their fair share of criticism in all areas. So maybe now that people have more background information and material to make judgment on we'll see a lot more opinions starting to surface.
  14. Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i h8 darth vader he so mean to luek :(:(:(
  15. stinrab Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I've hated Vader ever since I found out that he was responsible for creating Threepio
  16. jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I hate Anakin a lot more. He's a doofus.
  17. ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maybe there was a reason for having the actors playing Anakin to be annoying, we should hate Vader.

I loved Vader. He was cool because he was a bad, bad man.
  18. Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    acytaully darth vader's pretty cool
  19. Pepijn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I won't, he is very cool in the OT, even if he's going to be a moron in EPIII (unlikely), that would only mean he was 25% moron in the SW movies where he is in.
  20. ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I already h8 vader, han is obviously better
  21. Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i already hate vader becuz i have a strong feeling he will be involved in mace windu's death!
  22. Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Nope, not me! i loe the whole fallen from grace story with him..so I think that will make me like him even more!
  23. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "I don't hate him, and never did. He's an honorable soldier fighting for what he believes in, but makes a few wrong choices.

I feel sorry for him more than anything else."

Agreed, his life was one of tragedy. Yet dispite his personal failures, he did redeem himself in the end. :)

And the armor, gotta love the armor. ;)
  24. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight

star 6
    I've always liked Darth Vader, not simply because he's "so badass" or because he's a tragic hero fallen into darkness, but because his story's so unique. If I were to have never heard of Star Wars, and watched the double trilogy in order (I-IV), I probably would have been surprised to find out how much his character has changed.

The last thing I'd expect a nine-year old kid shouting "Yippee!" and racing pods to become is a dark galactic wraith, bringing insolent governments and impudent bureaucrats under Imperial control, while wiping out the Jedi Order for kicks and giggles.
  25. rodan70 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Not me, I'll still like Vader, He's evil and Powerful. What's not to like?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.