main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JediKnightOB1, Aug 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I usually post on the spoiler forums but there are just to many crazy theories out there. It has become some what of a theory / speculation free-for-all.

My question to the people of this forum is...

Who will be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?

We all know that Anakin is going to become consumed by the dark side, we know that he will be responsible for the death of jedi, throught the purge, and we know that he will become Palpatines right hand man in the OT.

But what are your thoughts on the transformation of Anakin to Vader and again will you be a "Vader Hater" after Eppy 3?

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't hate Vader, and I never have. I think he is a very cool character, and I think after I see Anakin's transformation into him (unless George screws it up) I think I will like Vader even more.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I have never hated Vader either. After all, to me he's the greatest villian of all time....

4. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    He was always my favorite character and will remain so.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    He's not one of my favourite characters but he's certainly a great character. But isn't the point of the OT that we are supposed to start out hating him, fearing him, and eventually grow to hope that he can be redeemed to Anakin?

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I don't hate him, and never did. He's an honorable soldier fighting for what he believes in, but makes a few wrong choices.

I feel sorry for him more than anything else. Now, Tarkin, Maul, and Dooku, I hate (in that "love-to-hate" sort of way).

Palpatine is just too brilliant to hate. My all-time favorite villain. [face_devil]

7. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Never hated Vader. Always was my favorite - I wanted him to win. ^_^; He's my favorite character, and it would be very hard to change that in EpIII. I do feel sorry for the guy though.

8. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    When the first star wars movies were coming out, I remember all my friends hating Vader; I don't think any one liked him. I'd be curious to see if people that saw the movies for the first time on video or after his turn back was common knowledge view him from a different perspective than those who saw him as just evil and then were suprised by the change. did that make any sense?

Anyway, after episode three I want to hate him. I want him to be evil, evil, evil.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I also never hated Vader.

If anything, I think it will be harder to hate him after the PT because he's been portrayed as a cuddly teddy bear a few too many times in Episodes I & II.

10. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    If anything, I think I'll come to appreciate bad guy Vader after watching Episode III. Why? :eek: Because I'd already decided after watching Episode I and II, that I knew I was going to love Anakin as a bad @$$.

Therefore, I won't dislike Vader when I watch the OT again.

~aeryn

11. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Vader is one of the best villians of all time, and I have been waiting for EP3 to be released just to see him kick some Jedi tail. If anything I will like him even more than I do now (unless GL messes up the transition and makes it cheesy).

12. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I won't hate Vader. He has long been one of my favorite characters. If anything, the PT has given me more respect for him, because I now know more about his background and the choices he made that led to his turn to the Dark Side.

13. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    I don't think I've ever met anyone who really genuinely hated the character of Vader. Quite the contrary: people seem to oddly enjoy his cruelty and evilness.

On the other hand, Hayden/Jake/Pre-Vader Anakin have gotten their fair share of criticism in all areas. So maybe now that people have more background information and material to make judgment on we'll see a lot more opinions starting to surface.

14. Bid4Tuna

Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    i h8 darth vader he so mean to luek :(:(:(

15. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I've hated Vader ever since I found out that he was responsible for creating Threepio

16. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    I hate Anakin a lot more. He's a doofus.

17. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    Maybe there was a reason for having the actors playing Anakin to be annoying, we should hate Vader.

I loved Vader. He was cool because he was a bad, bad man.

18. Bid4Tuna

Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    acytaully darth vader's pretty cool

19. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I won't, he is very cool in the OT, even if he's going to be a moron in EPIII (unlikely), that would only mean he was 25% moron in the SW movies where he is in.

20. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    I already h8 vader, han is obviously better

21. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    i already hate vader becuz i have a strong feeling he will be involved in mace windu's death!

22. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Nope, not me! i loe the whole fallen from grace story with him..so I think that will make me like him even more!

23. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "I don't hate him, and never did. He's an honorable soldier fighting for what he believes in, but makes a few wrong choices.

I feel sorry for him more than anything else."

Agreed, his life was one of tragedy. Yet dispite his personal failures, he did redeem himself in the end. :)

And the armor, gotta love the armor. ;)

24. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I've always liked Darth Vader, not simply because he's "so badass" or because he's a tragic hero fallen into darkness, but because his story's so unique. If I were to have never heard of Star Wars, and watched the double trilogy in order (I-IV), I probably would have been surprised to find out how much his character has changed.

The last thing I'd expect a nine-year old kid shouting "Yippee!" and racing pods to become is a dark galactic wraith, bringing insolent governments and impudent bureaucrats under Imperial control, while wiping out the Jedi Order for kicks and giggles.

25. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Not me, I'll still like Vader, He's evil and Powerful. What's not to like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.