main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX WHO WILL BE DELIVERING TOYS ON DEC 17??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by tre_si_san, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    We will be taking a head count as to who will be making it to deliver toys for Elf Louise on Saturday December 17.

The gathering place will be the Tri Point Building (old Albertson's store) on 281 and N. St Mary's. Just look for the billboard that says "Elves Working Here"

We will gather starting at 1:00 PM. This will allow for a 30 minute window before we sign in to deliver at 1:30pm. We have to have a briefing before we go out and then the Santa(s) have to get suited up.

Team minimum is 3 persons. Need good map reading/navigation skills. I have a MAPSCO and of course have been to many parts of the city for various events....

SO:
    WHO IS GOING:
    WHAT TYPE VEHICLE DO YOU HAVE/WILLING TO USE IT:
    CELL PHONE #s by Private messgae only in case we take more than one vehicle or field more than one team for communicating purposes.
    YOU CAN WEAR YOUR JEDI COSTUME IF YOU WISH!
    YOU MAY ALSO BRING YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS/SIGNIFICANT OTHER

Questions/Answers please plug away....We need to have this settled by Thursday evening.

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I will help to deliver presents. I would offer my vehicle, but it is small and a truck or suv would probably be more impressive to have Santa be rollin' up in, you know? Put some bling and dub deuces on that whip and ba-dah!!! Instant skreet cred fo' Da Claus!! Word!

Anyway, I would be happy to play navigator or oversize elf and all around heavy lifter. I'm in.

3. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    My brutha my brutha, I would have thought for sure you would want to play the big guy with that stylin' red hat.......[face_whistling]

4. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Sorry I won't be able to make it! One of my best friends is graduating from Texas A&M and I told her I would try to make it down that weekend. Hope you guys have lots of fun!

5. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Alex, I thought that was going to be *your* job! :oops:

I will definitely be there. I'll be happy to drive if we need another vehicle, but it would probably be better if we had something larger. I'm not very good at directions though :confused:

6. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Sith Mistress Said:

Alex, I thought that was going to be *your* job!

BUT I'M PRANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, all the cool naughty babes will be asking Santa for stuff...yeah yeah....hmmm I'll take the job....[face_dancing]

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Nooooo, people have a fear of a Black Santa. Besides, Alex, I've got to have a red nose!!! I'm Rudolph!!!

8. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    OK, you guys have talked me into it...Emperor Claus of the First Galactic North Pole Empire...With my legions of TrooperElves we will spread Christmas cheer to those who need it the most.....And I am hold you to wearing a nice big red clown nose on Saturday Mars......[face_clown]

9. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Yall have fun this coming weekend, as I stated in the Holiday gathering post, I am at work til 6.

10. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Do I get to rough up the kids and brand them traitors to your great empire my Emperor Clausness? Ooooh, oh, do I?! Do I?

11. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    First off, we will use my Rodeo. Lisa can drive and Marselles can navigate..Lisa, will your mom be joining us?? She is more than welcome....I guess through my own nicsightedness, I should have stated that my vehicle was for use.

Second, we have to keep an eye on the weather...There is a chance for freezing rain Saturday and very cold temps. Let's keep and eye on it and stay in touch. I will check with Robert to see what the procedure is for bad weather....

Third but never last, John your presence is missed. Only several months ago I was the one who could hardly participate because of my weekend schedule. I hope you will be able to join us after you get off work.

12. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I will be more than happy to drive. I don't think that icy weather will be that much of a problem, especially by noon, but we should keep an eye on it just in case. Ok, who else is going besides me, Alex and Marselles?

13. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Ok Lisa and Marselles, I will see you between 1 and 1:30pm tomorrow at Elf Louise Headquarters. I still don't believe you two talked me into the red suit....The weather may be icky but it will be fun none the less...

14. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    GET PICS !!!!!!

15. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I will be there with antlers on! No, for real, antlers. =D=

16. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Thanks to Lisa, Marselles and Maria Sommers from the USS Bexar for taking some time out and delivering toys to needy San Antonio children. I played Santa Claus and Lisa should be forwarding those pics soon. We delivered our presents to the families in Wheatley Courts. We climbed a lot of stairs and handed out just as much candy. Fun was had by all. Next year, we need to get more of the group involved.....

17. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I could have sworn I posted about this last night, but I guess not. Anyway, I had a great time with the toy delivery. Alex, you were a terrific Santa!!! And Marselles was a fabulous Rudolph despite the A.D.(Antler Dysfunction). Special thanks to Maria from the USS Bexar for all her help and for climbing all those stairs :)

It was a really great experience, and we definitely need a bigger group next year.

Lisa

P.S. - Hope your Rodeo survived my driving [face_worried]

18. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Saturday was fun! Lots of stairs and the kids were genuinely overjoyed at getting their gifts. It felt good to spend time doing something for others. Hey, Alex, thank Maria for her help! She was great and I liked the fact that she busted my gabbagouls all day. I agree with you both, we definitely need more people next time.

P.S.- John called last night and said he was sorry he couldn't make the gift delivery and the party. The MAN has our boy working to the bone. He sends his best.

Golden Monkey Winner Out![face_monkey]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.