main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Who Will Be The Next Legends Character Made Canon?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

I lost all respect for Ysanne the moment she let the Rebel Alliance take Coruscant with almost no fighting at all. That harpy was a spymaster who was posturing at being Empress in all but name.

Daneira likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Kirtan was fighting the good fight... er... well actually he did a lot of staring out the window at the hawkbats. And posing as a Duros when clearly he was no Chiss and people were having none of that.

Ok. Point.

PCCViking , vncredleader and Vialco like this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016

Do you feel your lip twisting? ;)

4. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Triclops, Tricoculous, and Ken Palpatine. Why do you think they're ending Rebels? An animated, canon adaption of The Glove of Darth Vader.

5. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Another mystery solved!

[​IMG]

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Coruscant is a den of thieves and bureaucrats. Why should anyone care about it's fate? One thing I liked about canon is the New Republic leaving it as the puppet state of a petty dictator to mire in its own irrelevance. Obviously, it will take TRUE leaders to return it to glory.
    -FO Propagandist Phipps

7. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I will not rest until Rise of the Dark Falls is re-canonized in its entirety!

JLG and Jedi Princess like this.
  8. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Personally, my pitch is that they should do a "reboot" of Knights of the Old Republic and have Revan and Malak be the canon founders of the pre-Banite Sith. Recreate what made the original so memorable, that feeling when you realize that YOU are the Sith Lord, but reverse-engineer a more uniquely Star Wars story from that. One of the things about role-playing as a Jedi in a video game is that the goals of being a Jedi are pretty much opposite the goals of a video game. So you get cut scenes where characters agonize about falling to the dark side after cutting down one opponent, but when you're actually playing you murder literally hundreds of NPCs.

So build that into the narrative of the game. Tell the story of how Revan and Malak become Revan and Malak. You build the two characters, you grow to love them as Jedi heroes running across the galaxy fighting, whatever, the Mandalorians or the Zygerrians or the new threat we've invented for this game. But running around, seeking adventure, fighting in wars? "A Jedi craves not these things." You're making the turn to the dark side without even thinking about it until you reach a point of no return. And at that point you either take up the mantle... Or you sacrifice your character and play the rest of the game as the second, now dark side, character.

I dunno, it is a sketch of an idea, I just think video games often lose sight of Star Wars morality.

Also, they should work harder to give it its own look. Each era of Star Wars has its own look, develop something unique for that era.

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I still want the Sith Empire with Vitiate and Galactic Cold War.

Voltron64 likes this.
  10. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    siri tachi

11. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The old republic era games did have a unique look until SWTOR came around, developed lazily because of EA's influence making the two factions into cheap knockoff Rebels and Imperials.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Blackhole E Snoke likes this.
  13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Well that would certainly come outta nowhere.

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Mara, Dash, Talon Karrde, and Corran Horn are the big ones.

15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Dash is made canon, it'll be anticlimactic. It'll be a visual guide screenshotting the Outrider from the Special Edition and ID'ing it as his ship. Won't be the most exciting Wookieepedia article.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I'm still waiting for Jerec to return from one of the Emperor's archeological missions in the Unknown Regions. His black SSD Vengeance returning to canon with him.

17. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Jerec can fit perfectly in the new canon. Ex-Jedi archaeologist turned inquisitor, and as you suggested he could be used in the Unknown Regions. There's been some decent set up for ancient Sith/Jedi in canon.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Vialco and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    PROXY and the Rogue Shadow could be very easily be adapted as part of the Inquisitorius, serving as a spy ship and personal trainer.

Kev-Mas_Colcha and Darkslayer like this.
  20. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Director Blackhole. Imperial Intelligence has been quite undeveloped in NuCanon as far as I've heard. Blackhole was barely explored in the EU and I'd love to see him again. He would be a perfect villain for Rebels. He's just campy in all the right ways.

21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    You know what? Give me C'Baoth. I don't care how many "U"s they put in his name, but I miss the mean old bugger.

22. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I love C'baoth! He's like a completely twisted version of everything the Jedi were made out to be.

23. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    They've got 30 odd years between the destruction of the Sith and whenever Snoke came into full effect, someone like C'Baoth would be a nice interim villain who is neither Sith or Snoke.

24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    This would make a great story, tying nicely into the Force Awakens.
    "Maz Kanata, how did you get Luke Skywalker's lightsaber?"

"Well, there was this Imperial fortress on Wayland storing the lightsaber, guarded by a clone Jedi Master known as Joruus C'baoth..."

25. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

[Cough]Snoke[/Cough]