main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will be the next Secretary General of the UN?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Blue_Jedi33, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Any idea's, I think it's somebody from North America's turn. I think if Kerry is elected he will push hard for a Canadian or an American.

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Could you add any clarification on what you want to discuss here?

The Secretary-General is decided by the UN general assembly. Kofi Annan's second term doesn't even end until Dec, 2006.

There might be some interesting discussion here, you just need to expand on it.

What kind of job do you think Annan is doing?

Why do you think there needs to be a North American SG?

3. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    Libby McLiberal

4. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    It wont be an American because there is an agreement that the P5 cant have the position of SecGen go to someone from their own countries.

5. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Well I read that Koffi Annan might give it up in 2005, and that it is north america's turn and the USA isn't allowed cause of it's being one of the P5 then maybe a Canadian will get it. Like the former prime minster of Canada Brain Mulrony. He got along good with the Americans and Canada opposed the war in Iraq so everybody could go along with that choice.

6. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    Like the former prime minster of Canada Brain Mulrony. He got along good with the Americans and Canada opposed the war in Iraq so everybody could go along with that choice.

You mean the Brian Mulrooney that destroyed the Progressive Conservative party of Canada? That Brian Mulrooney?

He's the most hated politician in Canadian history. If he was PM Canada WOULDN'T have opposed the war in Iraq. If Mulrooney were nominated the the position of Attorney General, Canada would be the first one to object, and say he was useless.

7. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Mr Anthony Blair MP QC after resigning from office as Prime Minister of the UK and Leader of the Labour Party.

8. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Mr Anthony Blair MP QC after resigning from office as Prime Minister of the UK and Leader of the Labour Party.

I second this interesting proposal. Anything that gets rid of him has my support.

9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Even if america was not a P5,I think we pissed off to many ppl with the war in iraq to ever get enough votes.

10. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Right, because countries never had disagreements before 2003..

Remember when the US sided with Egypt against Britian, France, and Israel in the Suez Conflict?

People back then were also predicting that the West would never recover, NATO would dissolve, etc.. etc..

Guess what? Everyone moved on back in 1956 as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.