Who will be the voices of the Star Wars characters in Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by The_Sith_Prophet, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Prophet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are they using the actual movie cast for the voices, or are they just hiring a bunch of people that sound like Ewan, Natallie, Hayden and so on?
  2. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    From what I've read, the majority of the voices will be done by the people who do the voices for the games.
  3. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Well as long as the voices look alike the real ones i dont mind. Just like that guy who did the voice of Luke in Jedi Outcast, it wasnt Hamill but looked more like it then Billy D Williams for Lando. But i would (ofcourse) prefer real voices.
  4. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    I wonder who they'll get for the non-established SW characters. Does Genndy T. have a stable of actors he likes to work with?

Rick McCallum loves you!
  5. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    I dont know, but maybye they try to contact those who did the voices of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace in the Clone War game for the Gamecube first.
  6. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Any voice actors are welcome by me as long as Yoda sounds very similar or right on the mark. ;) I'm pretty sure they are in good hands with Tartakovksy's crew and confident I will enjoy it. I really admire their voice and sound work in Samurai Jack.
  7. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    God I hope the voice of Yoda isn't the same guy who did the voice for him in the Clone Wars video game.
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    This was the cast for The Clone Wars game, which featured voicework ranging from spot-on to not-bad:

Anakin: Matt Lucas (perfect job)
    Amidala: Grey Delisle (haven't heard her yet, can't comment)
    Mace Windu: T.C. Carson (pretty good- much better than Kevin Michael Richardson's attempt in Jedi Starfighter)
    Obi-Wan: Jonathan Love (not-bad, though occassionally he sounded a tad, um...effeminate, but for the most part he did a decent job)
    Yoda: Tom Kane (again, not bad- much better than the terrible job done in Jedi Starfighter)
    Clone Trooper: Andre Sogliuzzo* (perfect job)
    Count Dooku: Corey Burton (pretty good, but it's pretty tough to sound exactly like Lee's distinctive voice. Corey also did Dooku's voice for Bounty Hunter, so I'd say it's pretty likely he'll be the top Lucasarts selection for Dooku.)

*Andre also did the voice of the mercenary Cydon Prax, so there's a chance he could be a possibility for Durge.

Tamara Phillips played Komari Vosa in Bounty Hunter, so it would seem like she'd be a running canidate for Ventress.
  9. The_Sith_Prophet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, make this an official post so we don't get ten thousand "clones" popping up all over the place!
  10. Exar_Xan Force Ghost

star 6
    Sith_Prophet, if you want to make this an official board you must contact a mod by pm (since this place dont have 1 yet i think you should ask Kadue) and ask him/her.
  11. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I also heard that it's all the folks curently under license and contract for the video games who will supply the voices for the cartoon. I would not expect any of the major actors and actresses to do voices in the cartoon.
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I took a sound clip of one of the cut scenes from The Clone Wars, as an example of the voice work (though excuse the slight echo sound to it- its the best I can do offhand)- the main showcase in the clip is Mace, though you get a tad bit of Yoda and Anakin, and some of Obi-wan.

I'm gonna try to grab another soundfile with more Anakin's voice, since his voice is, at times, uncanny in how close it is to Hayden's voice.

http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/clonewars.mp3
  13. Wise-Master Jedi Knight

star 2
    It would of been cool to have the actual actors voice over for the shorts.

It's only 3 min. They don't need much money.
  14. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Amadala was only in multiplayer and never spoke in the CW game. So where did you get that from?
  15. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The game manual lists the voice cast for the game, and that actress was listed for Amidala.
  16. The_Nameless_One Jedi Master

star 4
    Grey Delisle seems to do alot of voice-over work - she was one of the main voice actors in the CRPG series Baldur's Gate, as well as Amidala in the Episode I game.
  17. Lord_Volz Force Ghost

star 2
    Maybe the voice of Amidala did grunts and stuff... I don't know. I haven't played it. :D
  18. LottDodd Force Ghost

star 4
    If Only CHristopher Lee Could Be Persuaded. I wouldn't be Able to Sleep Untill I Saw that Cartoon...
  19. X-Wing_Pilot5 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Count Dooku: Corey Burton

Oh ... my ... gosh ...

Corey Burton did the voice of Dale in Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers.

Think about it...

In the episode "Good Times, Bat Times," there war a bat named Foxglove who had a crush on Dale.

Bats are associated with vampires...

Christopher Lee has played vampires...

Lee, of course, plays Dooku in the films...

Eerie, isn't it? :eek:

[image=http://www.rrstuff.net/~kuwani/fox-dale.jpg] [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/countdooku/img/movie_bg.jpg]

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  21. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    i was thinking how much voice work are they actually gonna do in the cartoons in samuri jack they dont speak that much other than rants and raves of battle so i was just thinking could it be a possiblilty if they dont speak at all? let me know what you think

Forcebewitya!
  22. Obi-WanKenobi715 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't see what the problem with getting the actual actors would be. All the shorts combined are an hour long, a couple hours in a recording booth ain't going to kill anyone, especially if the show was made during the filming of episode III although I know it isn't. Not to start an LOTR - Star Wars war, but the actors from LOTR did the voice work on the video game and I'd really prefer to have the same actors doing the voices on the show.
  23. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    The problem is getting all the actors in one place, or coordinating recording sessions where ever the actors happen to be. When the animated Star Trek was being made, the actors had to record their parts all around the country. That alone might make it prohibitively expensive, combined with the fact that each and every one of them are big name actors. Why bother with all that when you have a team of voice actors that are already established as those very same characters?

TC
  24. Obi-Ron42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mark Hamill should be involved in some capacity, no doubt about it.

He's already known for doing cartoon voice overs (e.g., the Joker, that robot from Time Squad)

Plus, I hear he has some experience working with lucasfilm...;)
  25. DarthStothe Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, having the actual actors would be cool (like in the Bounty Hunter game), but I think they'll go with the video game crew (But I hope they get Frank Oz for Yoda.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.