1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Who will be the voices of the Star Wars characters in Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by The_Sith_Prophet, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winter_chili Jedi Master

star 5
    wow the clone war anakin does sound exactly the same
  2. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  3. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Well, the recent Insider explains that they *did* try to get the movie actors, but couldn't.

TC
  4. AniSkylover Jedi Master

star 2
    Maybe Roger L. Jackson will be involved (I hope so). He has doing a lot of great works on many SW video games since 1997 with JK, and he already works with Gendy on the PowerPuff Girls cartoon (he's the voice of Mojo Jojo!!!).

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Jackson,+Roger+L.

And I hope the great Lewis Mcleod will be involved for Obi-Wan! He's doing the voice for the Obi-Wan game on X-box (and other games), but he's also the incredible voice of Sebulba in the games... and in the movie!!! TPM yes!!

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Macleod,%20Lewis

5. solojones Force Ghost

star 9
    I listened to a clip on the first page of the game voices... Mace sounded off, Obi-Wan's voice was ok but a little too high, Anakin's was good, and Yoda was just so-so. I'm really picky with these things, though. I get so mad when a voice is off at all :p

-sj loves kevin spacey
  6. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    The IMDb says that Obi-Wan will be voiced by James Arnold Taylor, not Jonathan Love from the CW game.
  7. hansen Jedi Master

star 4
    Anthony Daniels will voice Threepio.
  8. s1138_ Jedi Youngling

star 1
    checking on that...has ANYONE besides anthony daniels ever voiced c3po?
  9. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Hmm...come to think of it, I can't recall anything with Threepio that Daniels hasn't done. He even did the voice for the Star Wars Monopoly CD-ROM.
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    There have been some games and Audio Dramas where 3PO wasn't voiced by Daniels, but he's been in most.
  11. KÃ¥l Jedi Youngling

According to Empire magazine (and that's a reliable source), Yoda is voiced by.......Mark Hamill!!
  12. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    No way! That's awesome! I had thought about how cool it would be if he was involved somehow, but I never thought that would actually happen!

I guess I'd better wait for official confirmation before getting my hopes up too much...but still! :cool:
  13. KÃ¥l Jedi Youngling

To elaborate: the current issue of Empire has a report from the San Diego Comic-Con. There is a description of the Clone Wars preview which was shown there (Yoda charging on a horse-like creature, Palpatine overruling Obi-Wan and Yoda's concerns about Anakin's development, and Anakin piloting a fighter ship). The article says: "It's fast, furious and very Star Wars. And, voice-wise Mark Hamill does a mean Yoda. No, really." There is also a photo of Mark and the writer.
  14. orangefuzz Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You know what game has the worst voices ever for a Star Wars game: Galactic Battlegrounds. O-M-G
  15. Obi-Wan21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh my god! Mark Hamill is Yoda?! That rocks! Matt Lucas is a great Anakin for the cartoon, his voice is exactly like Hayden's in AOTC. But the guy doing Obi-Wan's voice, in my opinion, is just terrible. His voice is really high. As for Mace, he's pretty good. And Dooku is okay but no one can really do a good job as Dooku from AOTC.
  16. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Looks like the Mark Hamill thing turned out to be false.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.