main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will carry the SW live-action series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediOverlord, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    This is something I've wondered about,becuase I'm sure GL would be a bit hesitant to put it on one of the major networks,especially one like Fox,after how ABC treated Young Indy Chronicles by moving it around their schedule. I'm guessing a cable outlet,like FX or HBO,more likely.

2. Jejlep

Jejlep Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    ABC moved Young Indy around, because they were searching for positive audience response (i.e. ratings). You can rest assured that anything having to do with Star Wars will draw viewers. It has a built-in audience, and will do especially well since response for sci-fi t.v. has been particularly positive lately. My best guess is that one of the major networks will try very hard to have Star Wars in their primetime line-up. Otherwise, I think we could see a Star Wars series on Sci-Fi Channel or FX.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe it could go on HBO but I doubt it will.

4. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm almost 100% sure it won't be on HBO or a similar channel, becuase I'm sure Lucas and co. would rather a much wider audience see the show and it be more easily accessable. My guess is the obvious FOX network. I doubt he would want it on Sci-Fi, instead something considered more "main-stream."

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The problem with Fox or any network channel is that the show would be much more susceptible to the ratings as well as vulnerable to pre-emptions from Sports, News or presidential addresses. Sci-fi makes the most sense- the right audience, and the show is likely to last longer on it than any other network.

6. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yeah look what happened to Firefly fox treated it like crap. No Fox.

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't think that it will air on FOX. I'd say sci-fi probably has a better chance. Although that might not get the exposure that Lucas wants so we'll have to wait and see.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    If it went on Sci Fi I'd be fine with that.

9. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Spike TV? [face_laugh]

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Fox treats so many of their shows badly, Firefly, Arrested Development, even Family Guy back during it's original run. They don't promote them worth **** and move them around all the time to compete with the biggest TV shows of the day. Then they cancel them when they fail to draw ratings. Family Guy was competing with Friends & Survivor at once point and now Arrested Development is competing with Monday Night Football. I say no to FOX but I think they will be the ones to get it. People keep saying Sci-Fi or HBO. But these are both cable channels and still to this day there are lots of houses without cable. And even more who don't pay the extra money for HBO. It will definetly wind up on a network and, considering LFL's past with FOX, that's probobly where we'll see it.

11. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm against having the new TV Series on FOX. I'd be fine with Sci-Fi.

12. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Maybe Lucasfilm still has ties with CBS, from the old holiday special days. You never know! [face_thinking]

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Nah- because of CBS the master copies of "Max Rebo #2" are lost ::(

14. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Yeah, you have a point. :(

15. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd say no to CBS as well.

16. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I think FOX will likely get it. That being said, it could air on FX, which FOX apparently owns.

17. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    lucas always struck me as somewhat of an elitest. i figure he will go for a cable channel. i hope scifi gets it. that is my fav channel. except for those sat nite horrible movies.

18. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I actually watche the horrible movies if they have Bruce Campbell in them, lol.

19. Jejlep

Jejlep Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2002
    "Horrible" is the wrong word for movies starring Bruce Campbell. I think you mean "cult classic."
    ;)
    BTW, has anyone been listening to those AudioCasts on starwars.com? RM makes clear that Lucasfilm enjoys business relations with several major studios (FOX and Disney among them). I predict that Star Wars will end up on commercial televsion, if only for commercial revenue. Imagine the cost of a 30-second spot during the show:
    :eek:[face_hypnotized]

20. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    If its on commercial tv to me its going to stink.I hate commercials.My idea of advertiseing should be just like a movie, play all ads. before show starts.Either way I feel the bigger interest will be when all episodes are released on dvd.I think this series should be put on hbo family.

21. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Noit HBO family, I don't want any crap like that!!!!! Anyway, I fear it will be on commercial TV, as Lucas wants the $$$$.

22. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    If HBO got the series I'm pretty sure it would be put on HBO not HBO Family.

23. DanaSolo

DanaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005

Totally agree. It would be much better on cable, no commercials and not to kiddie.

24. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    I figured hbo family mainly because its probably easier to get on plus it will probably have a pg rateing.I just look forward to a box set that will be cool.I feel sure we will know something at c4.Id like to see a trailor by that point.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It will probably be rated PG but it could be rated TV-14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.