main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will confront who in EPIII? A survey. (Obi Wan v.s Anakin not included)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JediAl, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    If Mace fights Ani/Vader i would be a very happy SW fan!

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Agreed.

BTW, Doode, didn't Detroit stop Bertuzzi just fine last year?

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yoda vs Dooku Round 2

4. Scott_D

Scott_D Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Yoda has to confront Palpatine at some point. Though I do not believe that any force powers will be used or lightsabers drawn. It will simply be a conversation between the two of Palps gloating to yoda that he has won and that the jedi and republic are finished.

How Yoda escapes I am unsure of and I wouldn't want to speculate on that as anything said would seem ridiculous only until seeing it on film.

5. jimbobfella

jimbobfella Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    OMG!! i just thought of something so cool its almost obvious! Palpatine versus mace with lightning (like in rotj) but this time he kills him with it! that way, we know just how deadly the lightning is by the time we get to see it used on luke, which makes vaders sacrifice much more impressive

6. SithMacqdor

SithMacqdor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002

Ana vs Dooku
    Ana vs Mace

Padme gets jolted by Palpatines force lightening(when she charges him )

Ana vs Sidious/Pal either or.:)

OB1 vs A skinny in Black Hawk Down

7. akamu2

akamu2 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    I like the adjusted idea(from the EU)that Dooku chases Yoda to Dagobah and the tree cave is where they engage in their rematch, with Dooku losing and his dark midichlorians festering in the cave for some 20-odd years until Luke traipses in there.
    Then again, I like the idea of Anakin having to tap into Darker powers to kill Dooku, leading him even more astray for his final battle (as Ani, at least)with Obi-Wan.
    I think Vader vs Mace should end in a draw, or at least looking like Mace will win, until young Boba Fett shoots him in the back.
    And by the way, I think Vader's armor should be just a bit different than we're used to, and while he's still more machine than man, near the end of Episode 3 he'll be a young, fast, deadly 20-something year-old machine. It's gonna be awesome.

8. Rancors_Gas

Rancors_Gas Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2002
    I think most of you have forgoten the jedi, theirs like dozens of dozens of the little ones. I say palpy and the clones mass together an army of clones,Bountyhunters, and some sith, and even a ton of crazy pedestirians. The Jedi padwans and learners konw they are all going to bit the dust so They mass together all the jedi and a small group of people starting to roit, mabye even get some mobsters and even some war ships. They all wait for palpy's armies to land, and meanwhile ani and obi are fighting off the clones and a bounch guys die. Then theirs a HUGE battle scene on coursant where tons of people are killed, one on one fights take place, Duels of the Fates(or better) is playing to the savage battle Jar jar is decapatated. after ani somehow becomes vader, obi takes luke to owen and beru, yoda crashes on dagohba, leia goes to alderan with Padme & bail organa( mabye due to an afiar), jedi couprses cover the ground and the dark age begins.

9. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    So, I just ran across some interesting info to back up a possible Anakin/Dooku duel.

I was just watching my TPM DVD commentary, and during the sand duel, Lukas makes the comment that he doesn't like to tip his hand too much when it comes to fights, so that for the desert duel teaser, he didn't want to show the two going at it with the same clarity that you see at the end. Instead, he made the duel visually difficult with swirling sand, cloaks, and flashes of light.

that said, one of the things I was struck by in AOTC is that for the Dooku/Anakin portion at the end, it is very dark, and all you really see is their faces and flashes of light. When Obi and Dooku duel, you see more full frame shots where you can see thier whole body. But this is not so for Anakin's portion.

I think that Lukas is using another theme here, and that he didn't want to show the full potential of Anakin/Dooku (thus, taking out the portion of Dooku with 2 sabers and cutting the battle down). I think that this was an intentional decision to make this a teaser duel so that he can reveal in III thier full duel.

thoughts?

10. Zahadome

Zahadome Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2003
    I can't say a thing about other fights, but I got one suggestion.

Mace vs. Dooku
    ...they both have the only cool sabers, mace the purple one and the curved hilt of Dookus. :D

The MUST fight and they better be good!

Must...stop...drooling :p

11. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I think Mace vs Dooku would be sweet.

12. jedimastertess

jedimastertess Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    hmm...mace vs. boba or anakin
    anakin vs. dooku
    anakin vs. padme(confrontation, not a duel)
    yoda vs. palp.
    palp vs. padme (again a confrontation)
    there are lots of other possibilites, but either way there are gonna be lots of saber duels.

13. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Well, who do we not need for the OT?

Anakin kills Padme
    Yoda kills Jar Jar
    Mace kills Dooku
    Obi-Wan kills Mace
    R2-D2 kills Dex
    Palpatine kills the Trade Federation Guys.
    The Troopers kill the battle droids.

14. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
  15. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Mace v.s. Sidious

The only understandable death for sam jackson.

16. Da_Joker

Da_Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    Vader vs. Mace
    Chewie vs. C-3PO

Vader versus Mace would be way cool. It would be funny just to see Chewie tear C-3PO apart. [face_laugh]

17. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Where will a lightsaber battle between Mace Windu and Darth Vader take place?

A. The Death Star
    B. The Executor
    C. Any of the samller Imperial ships
    D. Coruscant
    E. Kamino
    F. Geonosis
    G. A Trade Federation ship
    H. Another system or ship (give a name)
    I. There won't be a battle between Anakin and Windu.

18. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    I think that there will be a vicious, drawn-out lightsaber duel between Dark Anakin/Vader and Mace Windu on Kamino, one between Yoda and Vader on the Executor, and one between all those kid Jedi Padawans (from Ep2) and Dooku on either Geonosis or Coruscant.

19. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

A domestic between Ani/Padme and a duel between Mace and Sidious. SLJ gets packed off to the Jedi Temple in the Sky in style, and we get to see Siddy show us why he's the master, not Tyranus or Vader.

A confrontation between Yoda and Sidious would also be sweet, with or without lightsabers.

20. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Ani vs. Dooku, D. bites it

Mace, Ki & Kit vs. Ani > Ani wastes 'em all

Darth Vader's first Force-choke: Nute Gunray. Trust me, it'll happen & it'll be hilarious. The bridge of a proto-Star Destroyer. Gunray realizes he's been duped every which way but loose. Nute: "Yoo cont doo thot, thumbody thtop him!" Sidious gestures to Vader. Vader lifts his hand... Nute: "I deemond *choke* ! *gurgle* !! *gasp*!!!" THUD. Audience cheers.

21. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    This is a little too much but:

We have Ani/Vader, Sidious, vs. Obi-Wan, Mace, then Ani/Vader, Obi-Wan, and Mace step back as Yoda comes along, and fights Sidious.

This will eventually lead to Mace wandering off to confront Dooku.

And then the final duel with Obi-Wan, and Ani/Vader.

This could all happen at the same time.

22. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Sam Jackson said he doesn't want to go out like a punk. One way george could avoid that completely would be a long duel featuring Windu v.s. Sidious. At the end, Sidious sucker shocks him to the ground. yah!

23. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    i hope for - Mace vs Dooku at the beggining, Mace starts to win but dooku uses cheep tactics and alsmot kills him before someobdy else saves the day... or actually it is possible dooku will kill him but i hope he doesn't

-during the Jedi pruge Yoda tries to go after Palpatine, but Vaders stops him and they have a fight with sabers. Yoda beats vader, or incapatitate him long enoguh to reach palpatine. and there is a huge battle. It is a draw and Yoda has to flee from reinforcemnts. maybe

-Vader perhaps is told to go after the Jedi after he gets up. And he leads soem bunty hunters and imperial guards agasint the jedi council. The jedi start to win but then Vader turns the tide, he fights mace but not even with aurra sing and such he cannot manage a decisive win... then boba coems in the slave one and fires missles at him.

I don't knwo how popular that would be though, and i know that isn' t likely.

24. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Anakin Vs. Dooku. Anakin wins
    Palpatine Vs. Mace Windu. Palpatine wins
    or Vader Vs. Mace Windu. Darth Vader wins.

25. flenchgrain

flenchgrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I would like to see Obi-Wan beat dooku,Anakin,Made up Windu and scare Darth Sidious till his eyes turn yellow. Then after all that he should give little Boba a quick spanking. The final sceen of the movie should involve Ben teaching Yoda the dissapearing trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.