main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Will Die Next?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_knight, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Tsavong Lah or Nom Anor are the only real major characters- everyone else is dead. Nom Anor probably won't die until the 5th hard cover, which as I understand is rather humoroous when Han backs the Falcon over him. There needs to be enough name-brand Vong bad asses that once they start to fall, you're cheering their deaths...well, maybe that;s too strong a term, but you get the idea.

2. wilde_karrde2002

wilde_karrde2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    You're absolutely right. It wouldn't work to kill them off without anyone ready to step in. Maybe I was just projecting, since I can't stand Nom Anor.

3. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    Major Deaths so far:

Chewbacca: killed by moon
    Shedoa Shai: killed by Corran Horn
    Anakin Solo: killed by lots of Vong
    Borsk Fey'lya: killed by Vong warrior

Major Deaths to come:

Isolder: killed in fall of Hapes
    Tenenial Djo: killed in fall of Hapes
    Corran Horn: killed in fighter battle
    Tsavong Lah: killed by Jacen Solo
    Shimmra: killed by Vergere
    Nen Yim: killed by Tahiri Veila
    Viqi Shesh: killed by Leia Organa Solo
    Nom Anor: killed by Mara Jade Skywalker
    Mara Jade Skywalker: killed by Nom Anor

I suspect Isolder and Tenenial will go before Destiny's Way

Corran will probobably go in the last paperback

THe head vong wont go till the Vong are finally defeated in HC#5. I suspect Mara and Anor will trade mortal blows so that they kill of one large character at the very end of the last book just when everyone thinks it is safe

4. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    wow!! That would be cool!!

5. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think Lando or Isolder may get it next, although Im hoping it's Jag. Hope hope ! ;)

6. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I heard it's Isolder... *sigh* it's all so sad....

7. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Corran will probobably go in the last paperback

While this would suck on a plethora of levels, if he dies hero and doing something great, then I would accept it.

8. Tchewbacca

Tchewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Spoiler warning

I have heard that it will be Karde or Calrisian.{it is not necesarily true}

End of spoiler

9. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    I could give a ***t if it was Isolder. Never liked him in the first place.(I was disapointed when Han didn't deck him in CoPL)

10. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    I would buy three copies of a book where Mara died. Same goes for Jacen.

Leia should be dead already, there is no excuse for that. Han will of course live forever, if only because he is the only OT guy I liked.

Kyp will live forever, because the authors will never tire of heartlessly abusing and undeveloping a character whose side they will never take.

I guess since Borsk, Chewie and Anakin have died for the NR, plus whoever dies in the next couple of books, the Vong head guys will bite the dust to counter those deaths in the second half of the series.

Grrrrr... Mara should go next, she has so outlived her loan on life.

11. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I am so sick of people wanting Mara to die. She can't die right now as she has a child to take care of!

I want Lando, Kyp and All Vong to die next. Lando is the top reason that Chewbacca is dead. (He sent Han to that planet - Han should have blamed Lando instead of Anakin.)

12. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Lando? Never!

13. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    So maybe now that she has a kid to take care of that will make her death more touching.

That seems to be the only reason Anakin had a relationship with Tahiri.

In fact, that seems to be the only reason for any development of the Anakin character at all. So that when he died, it would hurt the readers more.

I can see realism. I can not see the building up of characters and relationships just to hurt the audience with their destruction.

Mara had some terrible, incurable disease that was impossible to fight, even with the force. Then, all of a sudden, she uses the force once with Luke, and poof! she heals (in Rebirth). That was as cheesy as it gets, and did not reflect the new "realism" aspect of the NJO.

I don't hate Mara.

I hate that she escaped certain death where Anakin got the ultimate shaft.

In fact, I would trade twenty Mara deaths for one Jacen death.

14. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Watch Nom Anor be the last one to bite the dust. I like him a lot more than Tsavong as a character. Lando is too much Han's buddy again now, it would be another kick to Han to kill Lando. It'll be a major-but-in-another-previous-book character.

15. Little_Brother

Little_Brother Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2001
    I think Lando will go. He was in the Original Trilogy so it will affect readers more(people feel they "know" him better), but he is not important that much.

It won't be a solo - the family can't get more depressed so there would be no point.

It won't be luke, han or leia - if they did that it would barely be star wars anymore.

Mara or Ben - maybe, luke hasn't lost any of his imidiate family yet.

16. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think it quite possible that by the end of NJO, all the characters that we know will be dead. At least the original charaters. For now, they should stay away from anyone close to Han as he has gone through enough already.

17. JadeSaber

JadeSaber Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2002
    Meesa thinking... Jar Jar Binks... (puh-leeeeze!)

*notices strange looks*

Er... ah... oh! You mean in the EU! *slaps self in forehead* I knew that. :D

I think that perhaps some "minor" muckety-muck YV... or another "minor" jedi... I'm just not sure which one.

Hopefully they won't do away with any more major players... If they do though, I don't think we will see it occur until the next HC at the earliest.

Edit(s): typos... grrr... :)

18. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Next to die will be one of the Vong major characters, It occurs in anothwer thread with DJ spoilers

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    A major Vong character will die next ? There are like three of them... ;)

20. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Kill Kyp off! I personally absolutely hate his character. The whole way they let him get away with killing billions and billons of people......

Its like saying they give the Emperor, a full pardon and hes really a nice guy just has a bit of a tempor :p

Kyp needs to die. Put a blaster to his head and get it over with. He has to atone for those billions of lives he destroyed.

Kill Kyp in the most useless of ways. Don`t let him die a heros death. Let him crash on Tattoine and die of thirst ;)

heh that'd be little bit of irony wouldn`t it :)

Samuel

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Why do you want Mara Jade Slywalker dead? She is the best! Besides Luke Skywalker.

I say these people will die next:

Kyp

or

One of the Vong leaders

22. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Hey Bravo, find copies of the Marvel original run of the Star Wars comics (or wait for the trades from Dark Horse). Then read issues 55-107 includsive, and tell me if you still think Mara is the "best".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.