Who will discover that Palps=Sidious?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by EMPEROR_WINDU, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious Jedi Knight

star 6
    Kavic_Toth: "'So, you'sa thinks your Force skills SO big. You'sa think you slay me, take'a place as 'prentice. Not so okey-day with me!'"

Now that I can see... [face_laugh]

See? :confused: It does fit right into the main Jar Jar backlash, no one will ever suspect such a turn of events 8-} .
  2. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thus the beauty of it, Stri... just wait til the full CGI Jar Jar Vs. Yoda Mega-Packed Lightsaber Dual!

8-}
  3. Ghost_Jedi Jedi Master

star 5
    In The Art of War One of the most basic strategies to victory was to convince your opponent that he was stronger, smarter, etc.

Which means JarJar is doing one hell of a job ;)
  4. EMPEROR_WINDU Jedi Master

star 5
  5. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Which just goes to show his mastery of the Darkside, G_J.

Everyone thought that look in AOTC was him thnking Palpatines statement of no one having the guts to make such a recommendation was him thinking "UH, OK... I'l' do it!".

In reality, JarJar was concentrating, using the Force, making Palps say what he wanted so it would appear he was just a dupe in this decision, the stupid Gungan that made Palpy's ascension possible... when it was JarJar ALL ALONG!
  6. spaceace27 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maybe he'll just tell them and they'll realise there's nothing they can do about it cause he has the army.
  7. spaceace27 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Maybe it will parallel some instances in history where the dude just took over (ie Napoleon) and says "that's it I'm emperor!"
  8. IceGambit Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I see one of two things happening. Palps could reveal himself to the Jedi, and put on the whole show, "I am evil", blah blah. Or someone within the Council discovers him and informs the others. My bet would be on Mace discovering early on, and Palps killing him before he can relay the others.
  9. EMPEROR_WINDU Jedi Master

star 5
    I don;t think the windu scenario will occur early on in the movie, id guess about halfway through
  10. Ghost_Jedi Jedi Master

star 5
    I really think that he will reveal himself in a scene to Mace, in which Sir Ian will have thee best lines in the entire movie. This scene will also include Palps then ordering Vader, who is not in his suit yet, to kill Mace.
  11. IceGambit Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Will it be Anakin that offs Mace? I would suspect Mace would have to die before Anakin completes his turn, just so the climax of the film (and the prequel trilogy in general) is Anakin's final step towards embracing the dark side. That is where I bet Lucas will want the most focus.

I am wondering whether Anakin will have to discover the Sidious/Palps connection before the other Jedi, in order to facilitate his turn.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.