main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Who will go?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by outrider462004, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I'm sure you might have talked about this, but I'm going to ask anyways. Who will go to the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith and dressed as what? I will try to go dressed as a Sith Knight.

2. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i'll go in my vader if its completly finished if not then proboly jedi.

3. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
  4. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Well duh, I've been trying to get all of you to come down and enjoy the ultimate moviegoing experience with me at Grauman's Chinese for the midnight show. DO IT NOW!

5. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Grauman's Chinese Theater???? Are you nuts. It will be packed. No way. I'm staying in town and going to the Centuray on Ethan way

6. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Of course it will be packed. That's the point! 1200 screaming SW fans on one of the biggest screens in the country with the best sound system in the state. HELLOOO!!! It's the ultimate Fan Experience. We got it all over Celebration III

7. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Yet I want to be one of the first people in the door. So going to that theater would ruin my chances

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Not at all. I am with the group who organizes the line up at the Chinese. If you are part of the liningup.net group (min. of 48 hours in line over a 6 week period) you are guaranteed a ticket and to be one of the first 200 in the door. I've done the line up for both prequels. The first one in San Francisco at the Coronet, the second at the Chinese. I am here to honestly tell you it is the BEST way to see any SW film. Even if you are disappointed with the film itself the experience of seeing it with 1200 screaming fans, after lining up for hours or weeks on a sidewalk with these people, having computer access on the sidewalk, being interviewed by international press. It's like seeing it with 1200 fanatical friends, just not an audience.

9. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    And people call me crazy

10. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Well, we're shooting to raise about $20,000 for Starlight Children's Foundation.

it is so much fun it's really hard to do it justice. One of my friends from the Clones line wasn't even a real Star Wars fan. She just stopped by to visit a friend. She ended up coming back almost every day and totalled over 140 hours in line. Coincidentally that same girl met her fiance in in that line. They are getting married in March (her husband to be is from Wales and will be moving to the US in the next few weeks).

There isn't a week that goes by without seeing some of these Line friends...usually more than once a week.

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Don't knock him outrider...

KR does alot of good work, and is very well respected by lots of people. He is a good friend to me and the Rogues.

12. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Seriously, I know plenty of people think we're nuts but they just don't get it. And all it takes is about 3 hours in line and you get it. Exposure to line is all it takes to convert. We're going to have a lightsaber construction workshop in line, a line shelter designed to match a Mos Eisley theme, DSL, press, documentary crews, and lots & lots of fun....24/7 for six weeks.

13. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    I hav always wanted to go to that theater and see the footprints of the stars. However I cannot spend the time nor money to get there. I stick to Century Theaters.

14. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    The time is minimal. 48 hours over six weeks is pretty damn easy. But I understand not everyone can do it.

We're actually going to be adding a carpool section to the website so people can team up to travel to our show.

15. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    You go all out don't you.

16. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Well, yeah. It really has been a life altering event for many in the group. We have people travelling from Australia, Japan, the UK, to see it with us.

Several have moved to LA because of the friendships they formed during the lines. Some have found their spouses. While I have some truly great friends in Sacramento and San Francisco (the places that will always be home in my heart), I moved back to LA because of these friendships. They have helped me survive my near-death experience and continue to do so every week.

17. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Dang man you thought this out.

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    We started planning on May 19th.

I personally have friends coming from Chicago, Texas, Ohio, North Carolina.....and Sacramento?!?!?! ;)

19. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    If I can build up some vacation time I'm going to take a three day weekend and join the line for a few hours. I know I cannot see the film in LA but the people on the lining up boards are great people and it sounds like alot of fun...sure fun and waiting in line don't normally go hand in hand but these people are a blast to talk with so I'd be honored to go and spend some time kicking it with them in person.

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Seriously, it's like crack. It's hard to leave once you show up.

And keep in mind that anyone who isn't joining me in the line up will be hit up for Starlight Donations! ;)

21. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Just wanted to pass along that there is going to be an article in tomorrow's USA Today about the NYC and LA lines for EpIII. I was interviewed for it.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  23. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    send a link when it's up boyo.

Ahh yes another step closer to the Rogue's search for fame and glory.

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Before long you will be seeing me on the TV almost every day ;)

25. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.