main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who Will Redeem Cade?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by snelson, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    who will fully redeem cade?. it could be wolf or a descendant of bastila and revan or celeste morne.

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    It might be that Cade just has to redeem himself without outside help, as he again and again turns it down when he is offered it.

3. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    Well, he really hasn't gone over to the dark side yet.

4. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    But people who haven't fully fallen to the Dark Side need different kinds of redemption too often enough - not to speak of the non- Force sensitive majority of the sentients of the galaxy.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    A very good possibility.

Of course, that is assuming Cade is the Skywalker that Wolf's vision is about. Pardon the pun, but there is a "dark horse" chance that there is another Skywalker out there... ;)

--Adm. Nick

6. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    That's true, but there are limits to twists. And it would be a huge twist if after some 30+ issues (as it couldn't be revealed before the end of the Vector arc, I think) it would be revealed that Cade ain't the next Galactic Hero. It might not go down well and certainly would make some kind of record in the art of misleading the reading audience... That said, I do think there is a small chance that Cade might be the next Darth Vader and the role of Luke Skywalker belongs to someone else, like Gunn Yage - who by the way, looks very much like a girl in one early sketch for a female version of Luke...

7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Nat Skywalker. Something terrible will happen that will bring him back to the Jedi and he will redeem/finish Cade's training.

8. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    His daddy!

9. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

I'm not sure if Cade is in need of redeeming.....YET. Bounty Hunting appears to be a legitimately recognized occupation. Not trying to save the galaxy doesn't make one evil. Using drugs doesn't make one evil.

I have an odd thought in me that if he DOES fall he is redeemed by Syn.

10. JaySkywalker01

JaySkywalker01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2005
    Luke and Han were both actually proud of Zekk when he decided to become a bounty hunter (Jedi Under Siege)...I was only about 11 when I read this but that still surprised me. I was like "Huh? They are proud that he wants to be like Boba Fett? Isn't he a bad guy?!?!?"

Ah...those were the days....

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Krayt will redeem Cade, by which I guess I really mean Cade needs to work it out for himself when things get their hairiest.

12. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    And Starbuck.

It's an interesting question. Since Cade is such an independent guy, I figure he will eventually have to have the help of others.

13. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    Hahaha. I never actually read that book and had I read it as a kid I would have been way confused, too. "Way to go Zekk, you are going to kill people for Money now instead of for the Dark Side!"

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I don't think it was portrayed like that, there are plenty of bounties on actual criminals, and I think Zekk was going to try for that, or at least for non-killing bounties. I think one of Zekk's bounties involved hunting down someone's trail (I think it was Bornan Thul), and he did ok. I think Zekk even met up with Boba Fett once like that, though its not been retconned that that wasn't Boba but Boba's daughter walking trading off her father's reputation using that armor she stole off that clone that she killed that she thought was her father at the time (:rolleyes: when someone's life, even a fictional character's life, sounds like that, then you know the retcons have gotten really ridiculous). Not to mention that Zekk had just come off a darkside kick, he was repentant, so its understandable that he wouldn't wnat to meddle around with the Force for a bit. In Cade's time, he's part bounty hunter, part pirate, which doesn't help, and he's turning all the bounties in either to Rav or the Imperials, neither of whom are honorable or nice, and Cade sacrificed a Jedi to hide his own power (not that it worked, which makes that sacrifice even more worthless).

On the original question itself, I guess it depends on how far Cade falls, when he falls, as right now I don't think he's fallen. Even during the last big arc, Claws of the Dragon, Cade was still just toeing the line, very, very closely, but I don't think he fell, if only to spite Krayt. Once he falls... Deliah, or Syn might be able to make him hesitate, Shado's probably just going to try and kill him at that point, not sure Wolf Sazen would be strong enough to stop him, but Cade looks like he still respects Wolf a little bit. Anybody else... well, they would probably just be eager for the chance to either kill Cade, or they wouldn't know Cade well enough and would just try to kill him... if there are that many Force-sensitive people left in the galaxy who could stop him. Uncle Nat, maybe, but even that's a longshot.

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Another redemption request! :oops:

Snelson, Cade's attitude is refreshing to read. I'm dreading the day he becomes goody-too-shooes, however that's spelled.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think it's not so much a request for a goody two shoes, as a character who is actually behaving as a protagonist.

I don't require my car to be a Ferrari but I would appreciate if it ran.

17. DarthAdamentum

DarthAdamentum Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2008
    Putting my 2 cents worth that its gonna be the spirits of his father & Anakin Skywalker thats gona tell him to do whats best for the galaxy.

18. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Cade's attitude and snap comebacks make him a she-male Mara. It's fun to see. Too often are mages solemn and civil. Too often are fantasy books infested with elfs. It's good to see a gaol break of stereotyping. :D

19. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    I don't really see anything needing redemption.

20. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    We know he's on a very slippery slope, though. Unless the writers decide to toss out several years of precedent, ye olde "I can use the dark side, it's just another tool and I'm in control" mentality is a fast-track to being fully corrupted by it, or at least pushing oneself to the absolute brink before something snaps them back to their senses. He's evidencing a lot of the behaviors that he's likely developed as a drug addict in playing with his new "toy."

Cade's devil-may-care attitude may be interesting/"different" for a Skywalker, but it's not some magical protection against the dark side...or it shouldn't be, anyway.

21. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Sithly eyes? Use of Dark Side? The fact that Cade wallows in self-pity? [face_whistling]

22. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    So? kid's been thru alot in his life. and just coz he has those tendencies doesnt make him a Sith Lord.

If Bane takes pity on Rain as a kid does that make him Jedi-like?

23. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Yes it does. :)

24. DarthAdamentum

Jan 28, 2008
    no

25. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Yes it does. ;)