Who Will Redeem Cade?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by snelson, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    no.
  2. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Zekk was looking for Bornan Thul, the father of Raynar, like the rest of the galaxy. It had to do with the Emperor's plague and saving the galaxy...yadda yadda yadda. Those were some great books, they really made me love Star Wars. Zekk eventually quit hunting because he said he felt that he couldn't engage in a business where you worked for someone one day and against them the next, it was too fickle for him.

And yeah, the "Boba Fett" was Ailyn. She even mentions meeting the Solo kids during LOTF, but states they wouldn't recognize her now. How disappointing for my childhood to know that the Fett I was reading wasn't THE Fett...
  4. Jango_Fettish Jedi Master

star 4
    As powerful of a scene it would be if we had Syn convincing Cade that he has gone to far into the dark, or even Wolf or Shado, I think it would be best if when Cade is facing Krayt he comes to the realization himself. Cade needs to take a good hard look at Krayt and realize he is on the exact same path. Then we could have a most triumphant moment of Cade's Sith eyes vanishing and he takes Krayt down using the light side.
  5. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It would be a great scene, but might come too early for the series. It might be instead that Krayt mocks Cade - perhaps revealing that Nat and/or his family has been killed, or the secret Jedi Temple destroyed - and Cade strikes Krayt down in anger and falls to the Dark Side. Not necessarily becoming more than a Dark Jedi, though.
  6. Jango_Fettish Jedi Master

star 4
    True, I think that is more likely at this point in the series. I think Cade's dark side is going to mirror his and other RL people's drug addiction, were he will get worse before he realizes he needs to cut it out. At this point Cade has not hit rock bottom, and I get the feeling he will before he is redeemed.
  7. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Umm, he's behaving very much like a protagonist. What he's not behaving like is a hero. He's not supposed to be. They're not the same thing.
  8. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Yeah, Cade's actually surprisingly proactive for this sort of story. Often, the hero of a story can be mostly reactionary...
  9. GenAntilles Force Ghost

star 4
    My bet is he just wants to hurry up and take down Krayt so Luke will get off his back and he can get back to sitting in the Mynnock doing death sticks. [face_whistling]
  10. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Somehow I don't think any of that would get Luke off his back at all. :p
  11. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree. Right now he's going to try and kill the main Antagonist, Darth Krayt. The fact that he's doing it for selfish motives is probably one of the biggest differences. Do you really want a Cade Skywalker that suddenly wants to hopefully redeem/possibly kill Darth Krayt for some idealistic reasons? He is unique as an uber force user in that he isn't trying to save or enslave the galaxy. He just wants the galaxy to leave him alone.
  12. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    maybe krayt will tell cade to take his place? thus redeeming a'sharad hett instead
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.