main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who will say "I am your father!" in Ep VIII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sunbloom, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunbloom

Sunbloom Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    If TFA is a rehash of ANH, then someone just HAS to say this phrase! Your bets?

2. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    I always felt that Leia being Lukes sister was kind of just added on because the secret family reveal was such a huge thing TESB.

We already got the family reveal in TFA with Kylo being Ben Solo

I certainly hope we are done with these secret family reveals although I did hear a rumor that Finn is Lando's son

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That would be terrible if someone said that IMO!..

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Hopefully nobody.

PymParticles likes this.
  5. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    No one. Troll thread is trolling

6. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Either they say it or they don't; most of the audience who knows some of the lore are already guessing Luke is Rey's father. It's not much of a twist. So the line may either be delivered entirely differently or not be delivered (if Luke is really Rey's father)

I expect there to be something unexpected though.(in EP VIII)

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "I am your Uncle on your Mother's Side!"

Sunbloom, Force22 and ucdex like this.
  8. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Darth Plagueis, to Rey. :p

9. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Leia will say "Rey, I am your Mother."

10. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015

It was actually added in there to tie up the whole "other Skywalker" loose end from Empire. At the time when Empire was released Lucas and Gary Kurtz still had a sequel trilogy planned staring Luke's sister from across the galaxy whom he'd train to be a Jedi and who would defeat the Emperor.

The Finn is the son of Lando rumor really just came out of racism. Finn was a white guy in concept art and looked a few white actors too. An amazon puzzle listed him as Lando's son, but also mislabeled the Lucasfilm company entity type and misspelled Lucasfilm.

Honestly I think it will be revealed Rey is Luke's daughter, but the audience won't be really upset by it. I don't think Kylo being Ben Solo was a big reveal. Everyone I've seen the movie with has asked me throughout if Kylo is Luke's son, then not being at all surprised when he's revealed to be Han and Leia's because that was their second guess. I think the big shocker moment was Kylo murdering Han... And Carrie Fischer's ability to use force freeze on her face. Really though let's take a minute to acknowledge those ridiculous movements she made with her mouth to compensate for her over usage of botox!

11. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    Lol Perfect!
    "I am your Gran's Son!"

12. Finn Calrissian

Finn Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Rey is Kylo Ren's daughter. Watch the movie again with the thought in mind that Rey is 18 and Kylo is 36. Kylo Ren is hiding Rey from Plagueis on Jakku. Now we just need to figure out why Plagueis' staff is there too.

13. Sunbloom

Dec 18, 2015
    OMG! And she will learn it from Han's force ghost telling her "I am your Grandfather!"

14. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I hope they really don't do that ... and really IMO they can't. Unless Rey's father is someone absolutely shocking they would be better handling it how Episode VII did, where it was really just casually mentioned that Han Solo is Kylo Ren's father.

You will not top Empire Strikes Back in this regard and any attempt to do so will come off keep. 90% says that Rey is Luke's daughter anyway ... there's not going to be much dramatic difference if that's what's revealed, she's basically already "adopted" family by the Skywalker/Solo clan and we know she has Force powers.

15. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I've hypothesised that Rey has already worked it out by the end of VII, and that VIII will put two iconic Star Wars moments into one.

Luke: I am your father.
    Rey: I know.

GregMcP likes this.
  16. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke to rey. First he'll say that thing from the trailer about the force is strong in my family. Then Rey i am your father!
    Then she'll do that fist closed YES jesture only it'll be YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.