main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will the next US President be?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by The Gatherer, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I love politics, however, living in Australia, I don't know the all the politicans in Congress, or State Governors.

Who do you think the most likely candidates for the next President will be??

It will either be someone who defeats George W. Bush in 2004, or someone in 2008 when GWB will have finished his 2nd term if he is re-elected.

Do you think Al Gore will run again? Joseph Leiberman?

Will George Bush's brother, Jeb Bush - Governor of Florida ever make a run for the Presidency?

Will Hillary Clinton ever run for President?

What about current Senate leaders? Tom Daschle? Trent Lott? John McCain?

Who are the State Governors with the most profile, the most influence?

2. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    The elections seem to be more or less another form of entertainment. At this rate, I assume that we will have a CGI president sooner or later.

3. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I don't as long as it not Bush ;)

I don't mind Hillary Clinton, I like to see a female president for once.

4. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    I would love a female president. Actually, nothing would make me happier than a black lesbian president.

5. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Seriously guys...

Will Jeb Bush ever run, and complete the Bush family political dynasty?

Will Hillary Clinton run?

Who out of the Senate or current State Governors looks most likely to become the next President?

6. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I hope it isn't anyone with Bush in their names. They make me sick to my stomach with their lies.

I hope it is a woman, but I doubt that.

7. CwrnPuppet

May 19, 2002
    "THIS box has a king cobra in it. THIS box has a black widow spider. Now, you lucky dog, you have a CHOICE! Into which box are you going to stick your hand?"

8. moeman5285

moeman5285 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Lets not forget the ILLUSTRIOUS JANET RENO

[image=http://www.sptimes.com/News/072201/photos/wor-reno.jpg]

9. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Seriously guys...

I was serious :)

*shudders at the picture of Janet Reno* ;) :p

10. EnforcerSG

EnforcerSG Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2001
    I don't mind Hillary Clinton, I like to see a female president for once.

It is sad that the for some people, the only reason, or the main reason why she would get votes is because of her sex. What ever happened to issues, character, beliefes, ect... I thought people were equal, and not judged on sex or what not.

My point, male or female, it should not matter, and I have to wonder about people who make it matter.

Lets not forget the ILLUSTRIOUS JANET RENO

I thought everyone wanted a female president.... :p

11. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Al Gore will run in 2004, so will George W.

Hillary may try for it, depending on the welcome Gore gets, but she'll never make it (and not because she's a woman--because she's got loads and loads of dirty laundry).

Jeb Bush will never run for President (just my feeling--I have no facts :))

Tom Daschle will try at some point. I don't think McCain will try again.

As for the state governors, I can't tell you much. Except for the governor of Illinois, George Ryan--internationally (and even just out of state) he's seen as this great guy trying to fix things between the US and Cuba (he's gone over there a bunch of times), but he seriously screwed Illinois up. Baaaaad governor.

12. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    t is sad that the for some people, the only reason, or the main reason why she would get votes is because of her sex. What ever happened to issues, character, beliefes, ect... I thought people were equal, and not judged on sex or what not.

You know if you read my post you would know that I don't agree with Bush ideas (republican right? not sure, don't care
    So I agree with Hillary Clinton ideas.

so please read a post before you say something ignorant like that

13. TOUCHPUMP

TOUCHPUMP Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    2004- Democratic potentials- Gore, Lieberman, and Richard A. Gephardt are the likely democratic runners.

2008 is too far away, but likely the smae trio plus Clinton have the best shot.

14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    McCain has irritated too many people in his own party to secure the nomination, not to mention he is too moderate. Campaign finance alone has ruined him outside of arizona for the most part.

Bush??? I hope not. He'll run again, of course, but the dems have some hopefuls. Kerry, Gephardt, Gore (I hope not as well, he had his shot) are a few. We'll see.

But they'll all lose...because the winner will be:

ME!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT VADERIZE!!!!!!

V-03

15. SidiousDragon

SidiousDragon Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2001
    Imposter!!

it will be me!

...You know it to be true! Join me, and together we shall...oh you know the rest...

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    GHWB could always run again.
    He's only had one term.

Jeb Bush right now is under fire down here in Florida, he'll be lucky if he gets reelected for Governor.

May God have mercy on us if we end up electing either Hillary Clinton or Janet Reno!!!

Al Gore, definately a no. Not after that ReCount crap last election.

17. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Having Hilary as President would be great.

And by great, I mean terrible.

18. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    Where are the Constantines of America?

19. Darth_Drunk

Darth_Drunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    For all you Hilary supporters: What are her accomplishments? She was mediocre lawyer, married the guy who was our worste president, and used his fame to win a Senate seat in a state she has nithing to do with.

What did she do to make this counry better? Nothing.

And Lieberman is a fascist.

I want McCain and Rumsfield (best press conferences ever). What foriegner is gonna mess with that combo?

20. EnforcerSG

Sep 12, 2001
    Didnt mean to get you mad Omega, I must have misinterpreted what you meant. It just seemed like the main reason you thought her better was that she was a woman, given what you said. I guess I was wrong.

How about that guy that the canadates agree on to host the presidental debates (Jim Lear?)? He seems to be the smartest of the three people durring the debates?

Will anyone venture a guess if Bush will be a 1 term president? He kept the country together durring 9-11 and after, but then again, the stock market is going down, which people dont like. I just hope it is not another close one, and that the word 'chad' is not used again.

21. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    We won't need to worry about chads in Florida. I saw on Fox News that they have a brand spankin' new touch screen voting system. I have no idea who will run against Bush for the Democrats. I don't think either Gore or Hilary will run against Bush IMO. Gore has shown already that he can't win, and Hilary hasn't done enough. And I certanly don't think Jeb Bush will ever even try to run for the Presidency.

22. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Who was the last Democratic candidate to get more than 50% of the popular vote?

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'd have to imagine it was Lyndon Johnson. Carter barely beat Ford and Clinton didn't win more than 50% either time.

24. EnforcerSG

Sep 12, 2001
    Who was the last Repubican to get more than 50% of the popular vote?

25. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    George H. W. Bush

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.