main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will we go to war with next?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Cobranaconda, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    OK, so far the Yan...I mean Americans and Blair have gone to war with Afganistan and Iraq, and absolutely nothing has come out of it. If Bush hadn't have rigged the elections last time round he wouldn't have won, so if he wins by cheating again, who will we go to war with next?
    That's Britain and America by the way.

V-03 EDIT: "Bashing" threads are not permitted in the Senate. I see no evidence that this is anything but. I would also suggest not beginning threads with lines that insult entire countries. If you disagree with Mr. Bush's policies, we have threads on the Iraq War, Terrorism, and Mr. Bush himself..

2. Ardiff

Ardiff Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2001
    In no country, I think. I don't believe, that the british people would accept another war. I am sceptic, if the american would (not only few are not very happy with the way, the last war goes still...). And I think even the governments realized, that war are easier to start, than to win - even with such modern weapons. If the enemies don't surrender and fight on, on low level - the high-tech can do not all.

And a war would be very expensive, and the old cost enough. So we are, I think, save now - more or less. But who know?

3. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    With the decline of North Sea production Britain has now become a net oil importer. I wouldn't say that the U.S. and Britain got nothing out of the invasion of Iraq. Iraq is the only OPEC nation left that can feasibly and substantially expand its oil production. And now two of the biggest military forces in the world are parked right on top of those oil assets.

If there are more wars to be fougth, it will be about protecting access to Middle East oil for the next 15-20 years, until oil production levels there fall so low that protecting the oil is no longer worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.