main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who will win the 2007 Heisman trophy?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Kyptastic, Nov 22, 2007.

?

Who will win the 2007 Heisman trophy?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
  1. Glen Dorsey - LSU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tim Tebow - Florida

38.9%
  3. Andre Woodson - Kentucky

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dennis Dixon - Oregon

11.1%
  5. Mike Hart - Michigan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Matt Ryan - Boston College

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Chase Daniel - Missouri

5.6%
  8. Pat White - West Virginia

5.6%
  9. Darren McFadden - Arkansas

27.8%
  10. Other

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Poll idea and options courtesy of RX_Sith and recheldephar (so blame them if your favourite isn't up there :p)

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    The Mountaineer in me hopes for Pat White. I'm going to wait a bit before voting, specifically after this weekend of games. If I had to put money on the winner I'd say Tebow. Only problem is no Sophomore has won it in ages (if ever).

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm thinking Tebow.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not voting yet ... I think it could be interesting to compare results of two polls. This one, and a who should win poll.

5. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    As a big Mizzou fan, I'm hoping that it's going to be Chase Daniel who wins the Trophy this year.

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006

Well, if Missouri beats Kansas and then wins the Big 12 Championship, then yes, I would agree with you that Chase Daniel would then be the frontrunner for the Heisman.

Tebow, meanwhile, has to beat Florida State probably by at least 14 points. If Florida loses, Tebow will not win it.

Reesing, for Kansas will get it if Kansas beats Missouri and wins the Big 12 Championship.

Those are the three, to me, that are really in it. So, I'll wait at least 2 weeks before I vote.

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Write in vote for Rashard Mendenhall. :p

8. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003
    Have to go with Dixon, even though he is hurt. He was the most explosive, exciting player to watch this year. He could do it with his arm, and legs. We also saw just how valuable he was to his team. When he went down, Oregon was not the same team. Besides Stewart, most of Dixon's main targets were hurt this year. He did the most, with less.

9. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Obese_1_Ka-Blooey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2006
    I didn't vote for who should win. Therefore, Tebow got my vote. He doesn't deserve it, but oh well. The trophy committee is a bunch of crap anyways.

10. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Its all politics now as to who wins the Heisman. Its ridiculous.

11. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll vote after this weekend's games. See if it gets any clearer. Right now, I'd probably go Tebow, but I'm not voting yet. That results in years like a few years back, when Jason White won it because everybody voted before he laid an egg in the last game of the season.

12. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    I might be a buckeye fan but My home is still in West Virginia, Pat White baby.

13. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003
    Can I change my vote for McFadden..lol:p

14. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Colt Breenan should get some consideration

15. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    McFadden, based on his performance last night with Arkansas beating #1 ranked LSU, now has to be seriously considered as a Heisman frontrunner. Brennan, for Hawaii, will probably be one of the 10 invited, but he will not win it.

16. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Tebow's numbers are very impressive, but since he is a sophomore I don't see him winning this year, I think that hurts his chances a bit. He may very well get invited, but I just don't think he will win this time. Maybe next year.

17. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    The definition is the most outstanding player. McFadden is without question the most outstanding

18. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    McFadden hands down.

19. DRHJ9

May 19, 2003

If that is the case, Dennis Dixon has been the most "outstanding" all year.

McFadden deserves mention for his numbers, and performance against LSU. But Dixon has been amazing all year and carried a team with injuries to key personnel on offense. I was very impressed with McFadden, and if Dixon is not the man, then I would want McFadden to win.

20. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Until he got hurt. If you don't play the full year you shouldn't win. Though I think if he stayed healthy it'd be a toss up between him and McFadden.

21. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Chase Daniel is certainly making a statement versus Kansas, though I'm rooting for Tim Tebow to win the award. I hate Urban Meyer, but Tebow winning might put an end to the foolish notion that younger palyers shouldn't win the award. Micahel Vick should have won in 1999, Rex Grossman should have won in 2001, and Adrian Peterson should have won in 2004. Maybe Tebow winning this year will prevent mistakes like that happening in the future.

22. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm not saying Pat White should win, but he at least deserves consideration from the Hesiman voters or an invite to NYC. Guess we'll see what happens. I'm still leaning towards Tebow winning a close one with McFadden.

EDIT: Maybe we should just have a foot race for the Heisman. :p

23. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    Can I change my vote? Twice? I would have made mine McFadden yesterday afternoon, then would have switched to "other" meaning Colt Brennan yesterday night. :p I hate voting before I see the true skills of some of the candidates.

24. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    HB from Central Florida Kevin Smith has a chance to break the single season rushing record of Barry Sanders. If he was at another school he would win the heisman

25. Obese_1_Ka-Blooey

Jan 7, 2006
    If he was at a premier school he'd get half the yardage at best. Notice the teams Central Florida has played against? Those are your answers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.