main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC WHo Will Win The Bachelor Season 22?

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Feb 13, 2018.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2018.
  1. Becca K

66.7%
  2. Kendall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Lauren

33.3%
  4. Tia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Rebecca "Becca" Kufrin.....27.....Prior Lake, Minnesota.....Publicist
    Kendall Long.....26.....Santa Clarita, California.....Creative Director
    Lauren Burnham.....25.....Virginia Beach, Virginia.....Technology Salesperson
    Tia Booth.....26.....Weiner, Arkansas.....Physical Therapist

OMG, Arie did nut chooz Bekah M. Cum on, dude! She wuz 22 and super chill. Like fur real. I cant beleive it! So crazzzzzy! Krystal alluminated last week! **** that *****! She's trash -- good riddenz. Whose gonna win dough?

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is "win" the right word?

Guidman and Luke02 like this.
  3. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    You are typing this as if to make fun of these things, but you clearly have been watching and paying attention. So.

Anyway, Becca K is gonna win because she's pretty in a plain way and really boring, just like Arie. They're a perfect match. Also I noticed last night Arie has the number 24601 tattooed on his wrist because he really identifies with Jean Valjean and I couldn't stop laughing about it.

a star war and tom like this.
  4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Becca K will win because Arie isn't crazy about any of them so he is going with the one he feels will be the easiest to break up with. It would been Jacqueline but she bolted last night.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i have never watched an episode of the bachelor but i would probably watch a show that was just dani talking about the bachelor.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  6. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I think @PRENNTACULAR and I should start a podcast. He'll be the expert and I'll be the newcomer. My friends group that just started watching has one veteran in it and we're always pausing the show to ask logistical questions, so I could just ask them to Prenn instead.

tom likes this.
  7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    masterprenn come back and make this happen.

8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I saw a 6 minute Kimmel clip about Bekah's mother filing a missing person report and and how's she was eliminated and his wife's favorite, so you can say I've been paying attention / seen the annoying commercials during the Olympics, a Youtube clip, and the Wikipedia article to find out who was left to populate the poll because the real reason I created this thread was for my love of polls and Diggy.

Also, I was pretty sure this thread would be a good contender for thread of the year since every other thread is about Thighs, Things, and/or Nazis.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Diggy likes this.
  9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I had no idea this was still on or how long it's been on. Obviously, never watched it.

I would like to say I'd at least watch Dani and Austin podcast... but really, I'd rather the show ended.

10. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I love this thread is on here. He’s got some pretty good women left though K seems a little introverted and Tia a little wild for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I totes agree on Tia, but you don't think the wildness could be a good thing for them?

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Finale is next week. I will admit that I watched the "Women Tell All" and fast forwarded through most of last night's episode. I did a google search and this sounds like this is what happens next week.

MAJOR spoiler for the finale next week.
    Arie proposes to Becca on national TV next week, sends Lauren home. After the show, he dumps Becca and goes back to Lauren. He is now currently dating Lauren. That’s the thing “he did” in the Women Tell All. The women were led to believe he was looking for a wife. He found his wife and love with Becca just to break her heart and choose airhead Lauren.

kalzeth and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Minnesota lawmaker pens bill banning 'Bachelor' star Arie from the state

kalzeth and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well she's been named the next Bachelorette, so she'll get another chance at finding Mr. Right.

Luke02 likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No she won't, she going to be on The Bachelorette.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I was really hoping Becca was going to Arie a piece of her mind, not like a crazy person, but very well articulated and thought out since it's been three months since he broke her heart.

And what do we get? "I forgive you."

Bull****. Total bull****.

1) Sure, Arie told her that he was going to reach out to Lauren so she kind of saw the writing on the wall, but at the same time she was being very supportive of his decision and appreciated that he was open and honest.
    2) Arie claims to have requested the cameras for the uncut shot of the breakup. Calling BULL on that as well. There is no way in heck he wanted to do that on camera. He knew how he was going to look and how hard and bad it was going to be. He didn't want that documents - the show wanted it documented because ratings.
    3) I also think Becca knew she was going to be the next Bachelorette or she thought she might be and didn't want to ruin her chances by being unforgiving. No one would tune in to see this "heartless *****" trying to find happiness, so she showed her good side for the sake of staying on TV. Sure, I've heard she's very nice in real life, but everyone gets angry and it's a shame she had to bury that down just to be "smart" and get another chance at it.

Oh well. I wish them all the best but of the 21 seasons of The Bachelor so far, only 1 couple is together. We'll see if Arie and Lauren will be #2.
    On a more positive note, of the 13 seasons of the The Bachelorette, 6 of those couples are still together, so that's a better percentage.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I did admit that I watched the "Women Tell All" above, and I did watch parts of "After the Final Rose". I hate myself for it but sometimes you need to watch garbage TV to remind yourself that real life isn't that bad.

19. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Yup.

a star war and Diggy like this.
  20. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Juliet316

Once the rumors got that she got dumped after “winning”, it just seemed inevitable Becca would be the next Bachelorette especially on Monday night when my wife put it so perfectly, “She came out with the Bachelorette hair”.

Personally I just want to know which job in her life allows you to leave in order to do a dating game show for 2 and a 1/2 months, come back for a bit and go “Oh sorry I am going to do the show all over again so I will be gone for another 2 and a 1/2 months”! Meanwhile if I take half a day off to go see the dentist and I feel like I am walking on eggshells for weeks! Seriously how do I get that life?

As for the contestants, I think you have to be a "bit off" to subject yourself to this and try to fall in love with someone in less then three months after you barely spend any time with him or even talk. My wife and I only saw each other once a week the first month we meant due to work. But OMG we used to fall asleep on the phone talking late at night. I honestly think I spoke with my wife the first two weeks we meant then these people spend together before they get engaged. Therefore you either have to be a bit off to do this and/or are in it for as Indiana Jones put it so perfectly.................

[​IMG]

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Accourding to http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast/season-22-becca-k-2018
    Becca is a publicist. So either she's freelance or she has a really cool boss.

I know concerning the military in the United States, I had two friends that had military duties to do and they both had to leave their job for up to a year. They told me that their employer "had to hold and guarantee" they had a position for them when they came back. My one friend works for the government and the other for a financial institution.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Being a military reservist is a little different than being on a reality show.

Boba Nekhbet, Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it seems a bit too convinent, if you ask me. I know, reality shows aren't that 'real', but come on, even Days or Our Lives seems more real than the Bachelor at the moment, and it had people buried alive and an exorcism!

I have heard of some people who have quit their jobs to be on the show, or have been fired for not telling their bosses they were going to be on the show (probably do to the NDAs in the contestants contracts), so I guess not every job is cool with that.

I don't know, some people do seem to find love on that show. The first Bachelorette is still married to the guy she found on that show and that nearly two decades ago? But yeah, some do seem to just do it for the 15 minutes of fame.

Luke02 and kalzeth like this.
  24. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I'd be shocked it Becca is still employed. More so than finding someone, the main reason people go on this show is to build their brand. They get more social media followers, get sponsored tweets or instagrams or whatever the hell else. I'm sure if you did a study of how many contestants return to their said "job" after they appear on the show, it would be a small number. Finding a soulmate isn't at the top of the list.

Truthfully, I don't know what the show can do to top the finale from an entertainment standpoint. Nothing will be able to Arie coming back in after breaking off an engagement and asking, "Hey, are you ok?" Kind of like how Bachelor Pad had to reinvent itself after that one guy took all the money that one season, where do they go from here. The show is in need of a formula retool.

I can't believe I just wrote all that **** but I guess we all have our terrible show that we enjoy watching.

kalzeth, Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Juliet316

Totally agree. It honestly felt like they were retrying to redo the whole Jason/Molly/Melissa triangle except that one was a lot more raw and emotional. This seemed so convoluted and shallow.

I think why Trista and Ryan worked for a few reasons:

1. It was pre social media.
    2. Ryan has an extreme laid personality (which I think he really helps when one person in these type of “high pressure” relationships is like that).
    3. They moved to Aspen and basically dropped out of the limelight other then to pop up randomly every few years.
    4. The fortune and glory aspect of the show had not happened yet.

I think the last one in particular as really changed the dynamic of the show. I think initially people were going on it as a dating type show. But as @Guidman put it perfectly most see it as a chance to build their brand up and the very least get some free expensive trips on it. I guess we can say Generation X was more in it for the right reasons then the Millenniuals overall?

@Guidman

I am shocked they still have not tried two bachelor/ettes. I know they had that one season where they got to choose the Bachelorette but to me it would made more sense had they kept both around. Could make for some very interesting relationship drama (which let’s face it, the show’s only purpose is for train wreck relationship drama) and the mere odds state if you have two Bachelor/ettes and 30 contestants, the odds of it having a “Happily Ever After” which supposedly is the point of this whole show *snickers*, then it would up by 50% overnight.

And I am sure after I wrote that, Professor John Nash Jr. is smiling somewhere from ear to ear!

Edit: And they need to motify Bachelor in Paradise. Keep the same premise but bring it stateside so they can on dates they at least have to wear clothes. BIP is honestly this generation’s Club Med on TV but I guess that is the point. :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018