main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Who will win the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by GMSepiroth, Jan 5, 2003.

?

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2003.
  1. Raiders

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Titans

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Steelers

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Jets

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Eagles

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Bucs

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. 49ers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Falcons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
  2. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    Off topic. Yes. But that Steeler post got a heck of response.
    I thought of putting this up last week, but now that Wild Card Weekend is over the field has been narrowed down.

So what do you guys think?

BTW- Hella good games this weekend, huh.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Well, it aint gonna be the Giants! :p I couldn't tell in the last quarter whether I was watching the NFL or the WWF. That was the most digusting display I've seen this season. I think they need to send Shockley of the Giants to anger management classes. (Holds "L" to forehead) Where did they find that guy? Levonworth?! ;)

4. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    J-E-T-S, Jets!

5. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S, STEELERS!

6. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I voted for the Bucs. I don't know if the Titans can win it all this year, but I do think they can beat the Squealers.

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The Jets seem to be on fire right now. We'll see if they run out of fuel before it's all said and done. I'm of course rooting for the Titans all the way, but their last few games, especially the one against the Texans were less than impressive. Let's hope that they can pick it up a notch for the playoffs. I do believe they'll beat Pittsburgh for the very reason that I think the Steelers spent their reserve energy defeating the Browns. They looked extremely tired and hurt at the end of the game. Unless pure emotion can carry them, I don't see them leaving Nashville with a win.

8. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Who will win the Super Bowl?

Um, the team with the most points when the game is over? The network for charging so much for commerical time?

9. MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2002
    Yes, I think the AFC Championship will be Titans vs. Jets, with the Jets winning 27-23. If the Jets continue to play the way they did against the Colts look for them to be the New England Patriots of the 2002 season & win it all.

10. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    GO STEELERS!

11. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    GO TITANS!!! ;)

12. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    The Autumn Wind Is A RAIDER

'The Jets are on fire'
    'The Jets are this years Pats'
    'The Jets beat 3 good teams'
    I am so sick of hearing of the Jets.
    They didnt beat 3 good teams. The Pats are not a good team. They are sitting at home. They beat a lathargic Pack who followed up that performance by going out and loosing at home for the first time EVER. Then last week ran it up on the Colts who had trouble beating the pathetic Jags. Yes, a shutout is impressive but who else had a shutout in their last game? RAIDERS . And they played the highest scoring team this year. And lets not forget two of the Jets recent loosess. The woeful Bears and the RAIDERS .

The Raiders also destroyed the Titans AND the Steelers this year. A co-worker said to me this week the Titans only lost because they had two punts returned on them. I guess he was right. After all, if you take away those 2 scores the Titans only lose by 13. In the past the Raiders have been too conservative down the strech. But Jon " Chucky" Gruden is gone now. And thier run defense has been suspect. But ask Clinton Portis (the Offensive Rookie of the Year) about the the Raiders D these days.

Bucs- Gruden has a good scheme but then again look what happened to Dungie's good scheme and weak personel.

49ers- Like the Pack they have not been playing well late in the season.

Falcons- One man show (but damn fun to watch)

Eagles- Solid team- I think Andy Reid is coach of the year

RAIDERS over Eagles 27-10 (again)

13. GMSepiroth

Apr 13, 2002
    By the way Scott,
    You bashed Shockey. What about Terrel Owens' performance. He had back to back personal fouls. Why the hell wasnt he ejected?

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I agree that Owens personal fouls were very unsportsman like and in my opinion deserving of ejection. However, the reason the other guy was ejected is because he went after him afterwards, and started swinging his fists at him and even knocked his helmet off. Anytime a player starts swinging their fists at another player, that is an instant ejection. As far as San Francisco goes, it seemed like it was just one player, Owens, who was acting up there at the end, whereas with the Giants, it was multiple players on repeated occasions. I'm not a San Francisco fan by any stretch (I'm a Chicago Bears fan), but I just noticed that it seemed like the Giants were going after SF players almost after every down towards the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.