main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Who won the duel: Mace or Sidious?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Jack_Bauer, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Who won the duel: Mace or Sidious?

Poll closed Jul 3, 2006.
  1. Darth Sidious

33.3%
  2. Mace Windu

55.6%
  3. Tie

11.1%
  4. The guy on the street who got both of their sabers.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Jedi_Jack_Bauer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Thought of this poll while playing minis the other night. My vote is for Mace. If Anakin doesn't interfer, He destroys Sidious.

2. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002

No no no it is mace who lost. Sidious knew that Anakin would be there to interefer was the reason he threw his lightsaber out the window to make it look more like the Jedi were truly out to seek all the power. Sidious was very powerful when mace windu would go for a strike Sidious would use the Force and have a battle of force against saber.

He has forseen it all.

3. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    He has forseen it all.

Except that whole reactor core thing.

4. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Mace won the fight but Sidious still used it to his advantage.

5. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    LOL well if i remember correctly both had no light saber and Mace went out the window from Sidious so there is no question who won.

6. Darth_Savatch

Darth_Savatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Although I have total respect for Mace Windu and he was a more competant swordsman than Sidious, he still died and lost the battle. The game doesn't end when you've disarmed or disfigured your opponent; It ends when they die. Mace lost.

Oh, by the way, are we going to go see "Snakes on a Plane" when it comes out?

7. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Please tell me what that movie is about.

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    True... However it was Anakin who interferreed. This is between Mace and Sidious, so without taking Anakin into account, MACE won.
    But like I said, Sidious used it to his advantage to win the fight. So he did win, but Mace won "the duel."

Its one of those "certain point of view" things right?

9. MutantMix

MutantMix Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I'm definatly going to see snakes on a plane!

10. jasterpreel

jasterpreel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    I like the part where he tried to overwhelm Mace with the force alone and the Sith lightening was reflected back into his face. I think Mace could have played that game all day.

11. MutantMix

MutantMix Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    Mace's victory was stolen by anakin. So between Mace and Sidious. Mace owned. BUWANHHHH!

12. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!

sorry Mace would have lost this fight. It was all a stage to Get Anakin to turn to the Dark Side.

let us all look at the Facts.

1.He Breaks the Window (hmmmm prob because he has a plan)
    2. He Throws his Lightsaber out the Window (hmmmm to look defenseless as Master Jedi Mace Windu is over top of him) (and to answer a question yes he let mace windu kick him down all apart of the plan)
    3. He uses the darkside of the Force To attack Mace windu knowing this would not defeat him and in change diforms himself (To gain Simpathy from the Senate and Gain total Controll)
    4.Begs for mercy and saying please don't kill me please!!!! (knowing that if it came down to it if Anakin did not stop him before the full swing he would have force shoved his black ass out the window, then he would have delt with Anakin)

5. Mace lost this Duel the moment he Steped off the Gunship.

IMO

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    It was planned but not completely. Sidious didn't throw away his saber, it was kicked away. I don't think he was trying to take that big of risk with his life.

14. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    i do not know he was a crazy mo fo. and i will have to watch that again it looked like it was thrown out the windo when he was hit by mace windu.

and remember the book he recorded the convo with the jedi and edited it to his favor. all planed

15. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    Mace's victory was stolen by anakin. So between Mace and Sidious. Mace owned. BUWANHHHH!

Amen, it took that momma's boy Anakin to cost Mace his victory. I mean at points of their duel it looked like Mace was toying with Palps.

16. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    The problem here is that when this scene was sripted and filmed, Anakin was standing there the whole time wacthing them!(Sidious was even orignaly using Anakin's lightsaber!) Even though this was changed later on in production, the fight was choregraphed as Sidious letting Mace win, and putting on a show for Anakin's sake. The point is that it was always his plan for Anakin to interrupt and "steal" Mace's "victory".

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Well I watched the movie again Mace did not kick the saber out the window he kicked Sidious and sidious threw the saber out the window.

18. Jedi_Jack_Bauer

Feb 2, 2006
    I think Mace kicked the saber out of his hand.

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002

LOL

20. jasterpreel

jasterpreel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    Mace kicked Sidious so hard he lost control of the saber.

21. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Exactly.

22. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    thats okay i do not agree I have opinions but thats what makes it a great topic!!!

23. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Exactly. I agree with both sides, because like Dan said, it was originally scripted a bit different. But that is what makes it an even cooler scene in my opinion.

I think Mace got the best of Palps but Palps had planned to look weak anyway for Anakin. It was a huge risk on Palps part but one that paid off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.