main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who would be interested in all you can eat Sushi in December? 20.00- excellent quality.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Nov 12, 2003.

?

Who would be interested in all you can eat Sushi in December? 20.00- excellent quality.

Poll closed Nov 26, 2003.
  1. Yes I would- Glendale location

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Yes I would- Studio City location. (D-B knows 2 places)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Heck no! I hate raw fish.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Yes I would- could care less about location.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. Bring Back the floating Boat place.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
  2. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    In the tradition of posting completely non Star Wras related issues... here we go...

I know three excellent all-you-can-eat Sushi places. One in Studio City, one in Glendale, one in Sherman Oaks. Cost $19.00-20.00 per person, for an hour. They specifically make the sushi for you, per your request.

Of course, this would be un-official event.

(I usually eat $55-60.00 worth) There by getting a return on investment of 200%.

3. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    "Uh oh...big goober fish"
    Well, if there's anything else at the restaurant that aint wet and fishy tasting...i'd like to go...
    And bubba....don't make anything um.....out of what i just said ;) :D

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Yucky, yucky, yucky

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm always down for wet and fishy smelling... sushi.
    But it has to be good! ..and I know good sushi! So don't disappoint me Bubba!

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Sorry, I just don't like ANY food that used to swim, or float, or latch onto an underwater rock...

BUT, I do like the company of my LAFF pals, and if special beverages are available I could eat first and join all for the camaraderie!

Studio City would be my vote, since it's my town...

JediBith

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I will go anywhere to eat Sushi...

Helen

8. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I went ahead and voted for the Glendale location (which I'm assuming is Todai), but Studio City would be fine with me.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I won't vote until I know what the date is since I cannot guarantee my presence but I also love sushi. More details please.

10. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    1. It is not Todai, Todai is total ****. (sorry, that is the only word I could think of) Please, have some confidence, and some level of self respect. It is called Aoba. I think around 200 Block of Brand.

2. Claudia, Liz, and Solo, there place in Studio City has many non-sushi foods. Teriyaki Salmon, chicken, fried shrimp, Udan Soup... so you are not limited only to Sushi. For the non All-you-can eat types, likely 10.00 an entree. Saki and Beer too.

3. JR, It is pretty good. No, it is not Iwata or that place across from Lawry's or Sushi Nozawa. (you and I can go there sometime together)... but good. on 1-10, I give it an 8.

Maeda 11622 Ventura Blvd. Studio City.
    Naturally, both places are "A" rating.

Here is a thought: Maybe the first Saturday after Thanksgiving, the core group of 4-5 do the web site at Liz's place, then after, we all meet for grub.

This could be a dangerous evening... we will all have to roll out of the restaurant.

11. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I wouldn't know about Todai, never been there. Aeoba is good stuff though.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    As long as we don't roll out of there first, THEN have the web site meeting, things should be okay; otherwise...be afraid, li'l server, be VERY afraid!

JediBith
    (Who has taken to referring to herself as "WebJedi" ;) )

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey! I eat sushi! I just need to know the date. Mr. DarthHaskett and my padawan don't eat fish of any kind.

14. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    TENTATIVE Saturday December 6th. Maybe 7 PM. Just thought Saturday would be easier for most. Plus, I want to get the site up and running ASAP.

15. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If I'm not workin', I'll come for the company (I'll be working either 'till late afternoon or 'till 9:30). Those don't sound like my type of special beverages, so I'll probably just eat actual food.....
    Unless maybe Derik has the *ahem* capabilities of *ahem* helpin' out...no worries though, I'll still come 'long as I'm not working!

PS--I didn't vote, as both places are far far away, and will take about the same time to get to from down SouthWest here.

Devi--let me know if you want to come. It's not a school night.

16. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    OOh I'd like to go :)

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I may be able to go! In which case, I would vote for Glendale due to the proximity to my home. So I'm lazy...

18. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Who, by the way, is the website core group?

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Did you announce the Sushi date?

20. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Karl, the website core group is the LAFF officers and the website "owner."

21. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    and a few others...(who work in I.T., graphic design, or web development) anyone who would like to contribute is welcome, but this is a work session, not social. PM me if interested.

I decided since the meeting is to be an official gathering, we would do Jerry's and bowling, and do sushi later in the month. Too many people don't eat sushi, and I really want to get people excited about the new site, and to utilize it.

Would you guys like to do Sushi in early Janaury, or perhaps Wednesday Dec. 17th.

I am booked on the 11th and 18th, so maybe early January would work. SO, we are NOT having sushi that Saturday. But, meeting at Jerry's at 7 PM. See next meeting thread.

22. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Seriously,
    I would only eat raw fish if I was in a Jar-Jar costume, and then only if were a method actor.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Have you ever TRIED sushi Jay? It's not that bad.. in fact I really like sushi.. in fact I just like eating the raw fish (called sashimi).. forget about the rice and all the other stuff.
    But I guess if you think about it.. it is kind of yucky. But it's GOOOOOOOD. "Givit to us raw.. and wrrriggling you keep your nasty chips"

24. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Matt, Claudia, Helen, Lou, Tonya... lets please choose a date. (and anyone else interested) Dec. 17th?

25. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    put me down as a "maybe"...return of the king is around that date...you know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.