main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Who would be interested in all you can eat Sushi in December? 20.00- excellent quality.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Nov 12, 2003.

?

Who would be interested in all you can eat Sushi in December? 20.00- excellent quality.

Poll closed Nov 26, 2003.
  1. Yes I would- Glendale location

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Yes I would- Studio City location. (D-B knows 2 places)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Heck no! I hate raw fish.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Yes I would- could care less about location.

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. Bring Back the floating Boat place.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    *Pfft* Okay, no Today then. :p I've never had the sushi there, wasn't much of a sushi person then, but I sorta eat it now.

Sara - I'd love to go if it's not a school night. And even if it is, I'll try too.

JediDevi

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think the 17th (Wednesday, right?) should be fine. My Padawan has choir practice that day and if I can get Mr. DarthHaskett to pick him up afterwards I can sneak out. Karl is correct, it is the day ROTK comes out...

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, the 17th won't work. ROTK is more important. Sorry Bubba. Maybe in January? Or even after xmas, before New Years.

4. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    First off, Sushi isn't all raw... Unagi(Baked Eel in a sweetish sauce) Kani (Crab), Ebi (shrimp) (Amaebi is, however), Tako(Octopus... funny looking, but tasty if fresh), Anago (Sea Eel, same sauce but different taste) and I'm sure there are others that I can't think of that are, in fact, cooked. But, to each their own.

Secondly, I recently discovered TFn, ad this is the first time I've ventured over to the Fan Force forums. Are there ever any events cityside, or is it all Valley? I live on the Westside, and know tons of outstanding Restaurants over here.

Third: Seeing as how many folks don't want to try/don't like Sushi, why not Yakitori? It's economical (usually $2.50 to $5.00 per stick (3 sticks is enough for most ppl.)) I love Japanese food and would welcome the opportunity to meet other SW fans.

Quaternarily, I too plan on seeing RotK on the 17th, but I'm catching a matinee (luckily my boss is going to skip out on work to go see it too)

5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan (I'll call you TK for short)! We JUST had our meeting for this month.. We should be having our "unofficial" sushi gathering soon. We do have meetings on the Westside.. we rotate meeting locations to accomodate most people. But living in LA you should be used to driving all over town to do stuff. You are most welcome to join us at any of our events!

Thanks for the sushi lesson too!
    I should've done it.. since I'm Japanese and all. Most people here are sushi-literate. Except Jundland_Jay who gags at the word 'sushi'.

6. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Sushi.
    Bleh.

7. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I'm quarter japanese (but like to think it's 100%) I grew up eating the stuff, so it's not a big bother for me. There's still a "graduation" period when you move from the "Padawan" sushis (aforementioned, although I still enjoy Kani and Ebi.

Top three faves: (as Sushi or Sashimi)

Hamachi
    Tai
    Hirame

I'll have to check y'all out sometime, especially if "special beverages" are involved.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    They're practically a requirement. ;)

Though some people just enjoy watching others, uh, enjoy. :)

9. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    It's a shame about the bowling... I Love to bowl. Every once in a while I do well, although I've not had much luck at the house you all tried to get lanes at.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome TK (very clever spelling). Sushi is not for the faint hearted. I enjoy it myself though I am not Japanese but it is something that is not for everyone. Mr. DarthHaskett will only eat California Rolls.

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    First off, Quarternarily... that is a kick #%^ word! Wow! You guys know I always appreciate when people know how to utilize the English language. Excellent job TK.

One of our next official events will be in (310) area. Either January or February. The sushi thing is more unofficial. TK, if we make it later,(7 PM) can you get to Studio City or Sherman Oaks? Lets tentatively shoot the date for: Week of Janaury 12th.

The places I had in mind have tons of non-sushi items. Teriyaki chicken, shrimp, soup, brewskis, cooked salmon... so it will be fine with non-sushi types.

Welcome to the group. Nice to have you. Stay tuned for more fun and excitement.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    After the holidays would be great, much easier on the calendar...

13. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Not to mention the pocketbook. Timing is usually foul for me as I don't get off work until 19 or 2000. I'll keep checking for events and will schedule accordingly, if able.

14. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

"Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan why aren't you at your post?" - just kidding...

Anyway, welcome, welcome! You will find that you will not be alone as a sushi eater...

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't suppose we want to schedule this for Saturday, January 10th? My padawan has a scout function he will be attending so I don't have to worry about providing dinner for him. Once school starts, it'll get crazy for me again and weeknights are virtually impossible. I don't want to miss another sushi outing. Just a suggestion...

16. luwho

luwho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2003
    Dec. 18

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    After Christmas. December 18th is before.

18. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    January 10 would be good for me. I could actually go!

Helen

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We also talked about going to a churrascaria some time. I hope we can do that before Lent begins otherwise I won't be able to participate to the fullest degree.

20. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Hmmm... you guys are suggesting a Saturday. The only thing is, I like a Saturday to be more an official event, versus unfficial.

But, we could do January 10th, Saturday for Sushi. Then, go bowling in Glendale or Studio City. If anyone is appaulled (Jay) with Sushi, they could meet us after.

Claudia, the Burbank Chihasceria will be in February. When does Lent begin?

Helen, PM me and we can confirm the 10th. Also, old lady # 2, (Claudia) let me know what days apply- when we can't do it all. ALSO, I wanted to do something in 310, but can't really tell you why. Sara is out of town, and the rest of the folks are M.I.A.

I wouldn't mind having a party at someones home in 310.

21. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    "I wouldn't mind having a party at someones home in 310."

I know the perfect place, but does the person that lives there have to know about the party? :p

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Ash Wednesday is February 25th so any time before then would be great. It goes on until Easter which is April 11.

CBM, if the person doesn't know and won't be there and we clean up afterwards, I don't see that there would be a problem (j/k). I think we should probably have permission first, though it would be cool to do it any way.

23. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Brazilian Festival o' meat is fine with me, but sushi, is just plain, well...wrong.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Since I have no life, any day is fine with me. Jan 10 or otherwise. .. wait let me check my calendar.. yep, just as I though, Sat. Jan 10 is blank. Sushi is GOOD HEALTHY STUFF.

I just had the Brazillian meat fest on Wednesday.. my heart is..t.htkdl;lakll adk'f

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm up for both but I can eat Sushi during Lent since it's fish. If it doesn't work out, I'll just sit with you guys and drool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.