main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Who would have liked to see Lando be a part of the clone wars, like in the original script?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    In the original ESB script, Lando was a clone, and his family left their home because of the clone wars. He came from a lineage of clones, and was a major plot point in the clone wars storyline.

In the star wars prequels, he wasn't. Who would have liked to see them go along with the original idea and have lando be a part of the clone wars in Episode 2 AOTC? Who wouldn't have?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    No. Nope. Absolutely not.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why is that a bad idea? I thought I would have been a very cool idea.:cool:

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Lando being a clone sounds kind of weird, I think. But it could be cool.[face_dancing]

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Somehow I get the feeling that anything not done in SW would be "cool" to you. It would be cool if ___, and ___ and ____. Why would inclusion of an OT character be cool? What about inclusion of homages to other sci fi - the good starship Enterprise with a Vulcan - cool (not!).

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Fans, including YOU, Tyrannus, think Lando is cool because of what he was in the movies. If he was just another clone, we would not think he was cool because stuff would have played out differently. So, no.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Let's watch the One True Fan snarlies, people-Darth Boba

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Lando as a clone from the Clone Wars is interesting but I wouldn't do it. Better than having a kid Lando or kid Han.

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why wouldn't you include it in the story? It sounds kinda cool, young human looking (before suit), anakin skywalker, or even when he becomes darth vader, but before he gets the suit, meeting Lando would be awesome. Long time no see, Vader and Lando.

Also, lando deserves a better role in the story than what he had in the originals.

As for kid boba fett and whether i like him or hate him in the prequels, to quote Anakin Skywalker, "I dont know what to say".

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It would tie in the OT and PT more but leave it alone. Just doesn't make it worth it to me. I liked Lando's role in the OT as is. Maybe have a scene in ROTJ where they hash everything out and they team up to free Cloud City?

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.