main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would have made a better Anakin?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by du365, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    du365, you have made your opinion very clear over and over - you do not think that HC did a stellar job as Anakin, and think a different actor may have done a better job. Very well. But stating it over and over that Hayden is NOT Anakin, etc., does not seem to be swaying anyone else's opinion here. Just an observation.

We're all entitled to our opinions here, a freedom I'm thankful for.

"To discuss your OPINION,thank you and you haven't given one other than saying "How nice and sweet..."

Sorry if I was too subtle - my opinion is that I think Hayden did a fine job as Anakin, and I'm glad we won't ever have to see any of the other actors mentioned play that role.

2. du365

du365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    So I guess what you guys are trying to say is that NP is not to old to portray Padme just like Heath would not be to old to portray Anakin.(two years difference in age and character).

"Heath Ledger is too well known and im not saying he's a bad actor but i don't think anyone would be able to get used to him as Anikin the viewers would probably only see his other characters"

I wonder why Lucas wasn't thinking that when he cast guess Sam Jackson or Jimmy Smit.

" nobody else could play Anakin as well as Hayden did, IMO. Thus, Hayden is Anakin in some respects."

What is this you based off of.Hayden is the *only* actor to portray a teenage Anakin so we will never know what the other actors could have brought to the table.

Hayden is Anakin hmmmmmm, wait a minute I thought Sebastian Shaw is Anakin no it's Jake Lloyd he's Anakin and while we're at it, Michael Keaton is Batman in some resprects but now I think about it, Val Kilmer is the true Batman but than again so is George Clooney,wait a minute how is this possible oh I know how.....

They are playing*ROLES*!

P.S. Sistercola, I thought I made it clear that I'm not trying to *sway* anyone's opinion but I am trying to clear up a couple of thing and at the same time trying to understand your point of views.

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    So I guess what you guys are trying to say is that NP is not to old to portray Padme just like Heath would not be to old to portray Anakin.(two years difference in age and character).

No one is saying that at all. What you said was that NP was 19. All I did was just show you that she was not 19 she was 15.

That was all.

4. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    "No one is saying that at all. What you said was that NP was 19. All I did was just show you that she was not 19 she was 15."

I was not talking to you, I was talking to the two posters who used Heath age as an excuse for him to not be cast as Anakin.

5. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    What is this you based off of.Hayden is the *only* actor to portray a teenage Anakin so we will never know what the other actors could have brought to the table.

The point I've been trying to get across is that I feel Hayden did a "perfect" job as Vader. I saw emotion, and hints of Vader. He was how I pictured Anakin. The point I'm trying to get across is that I feel Hayden is the only actor to portray Anakin in AOTC and Episode III. Please respect my opinion on this matter and move on :)

Hayden is Anakin hmmmmmm, wait a minute I thought Sebastian Shaw is Anakin no it's Jake Lloyd he's Anakin and while we're at it, Michael Keaton is Batman in some resprects but now I think about it, Val Kilmer is the true Batman but than again so is George Clooney,wait a minute how is this possible oh I know how.....

They are playing*ROLES*!

*sigh*

You are making this so difficult. I KNOW they are playing roles. And in regards to your post about Anakin being played by different actors throughout the saga, that's irrelivant. This thread in focusing on the actor playing Hayden as a teenager, not as a kid or as an adult. Thus, I think Hayden is the perfect choice for the "teenage" role, not the other roles.

For the last time: IMO (In My Opinion), Hayden IS Anakin.

Please respect my opinion.

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I think I'm the only person in this thread that voted for Leo and his acting abilities. What is so wrong with him? Is it the fact he was in "Titanic" that has caused so much backlash? :_|

7. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    "For the last time: IMO (In My Opinion), Hayden IS Anakin.

Please respect my opinion"

Your right I will respect your opinion and move on but before I go, other than Hayden do you think that there is any other actor could have pulled off the *role* of Anakin (the teenage version)that all I want to know.

Thank you.

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I never understood what so many people had against Leo either. He was fantastic in Catch Me if You Can.

However, I still prefer Hayden ;)

9. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Those were the only choices... what about actors from years gone-by.

Ricky Schroder as the very young Anakin.
    I'm talking before "Silver Spoons"

Hailey Joel Osmet!!!

Eddie Furlong as an older Anakin.

10. heehaw138

heehaw138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2003
    I thought Hayden did a good job

I should not have place Hayden in with the other choice of actor's, I probably would have gotten a better response
    nah everyone would have still said Hayden.

Phillipe and Ledger would have been good in my opinion, but im not complaining about Hayden. People complain about him being wooden or whatever, but i blame that on the script and direction. Sam Jackson seems pretty dull with his lines in AOTC too in my opionion and we all know that he can act.
    Leonardo wouldnt have been a good fit simply b/c this would have turned into a Leonardo Dicaprio movie and not a Star Wars movie.
    Plus I cant watch anything with him in it without picturing him as Arnie in Gilbert Grape, and i would be willing to say that most Star Wars fans cant stand the guy.

11. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I got's nothing against Leo acting-wise.
    It's his rumored attitude that I gots issues with ;)
    He probably would have made a good Anakin, but I think after The Beach (directors apparently snubbed Ewan in favor for Leo after they had promised the role to Ewan), the two would've ben coming to blows on set :p

[The above Beach rumor supplied by imdb.com]

Hayden's like Hamill. Sure, anybody else probably could've played the role, but each actor made the role so much 'theirs' that it'd be hard to imagine anybody else in it.

12. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    i like hayden i think he is tehy perfect anakin i would father an unkown actor play anakin then any other known actor

13. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    du365 your original question goes:

If you were casting AOTC who would you pick from these four?

1.Ryan Phillippe(Who turned down the role of Anakin Skywalker, because of the age difference between Natalie Portman and himself)

2.Heath Ledger

3.Leonardo Di Caprio

4.Hayden Christensen (When it comes to acting, the force is not with this one)

And of course I know Hayden only plays Anakin - are you trying to be sarcastic... I wanted to express that he has just adopted the role so well. People sometimes say that Hayden is whiny - because he plays those whiny scenes so well. Hayden's performance is very well and he has thought it very carefully. He brings out the shades of darkness with finesse. I believe EpIII will show to all Hayden bashers how excellent actor he is.

What makes you think Heath is better actor than Hayden? Any of his works do not convince me. Just you say that is not any proof...

I don't know who told you that Lucas turned down Phillipes but they're lying to you Phillips did indeed turn down the role and if you want a link I will give you one.

Do you really believe an internet link where an actor who's turned down tells that it was actually him who said "no thanks"? I think it was GL or Robin Gurland who said that Hayden was a better choice because he could express better the darker side of one's person. This is mentioned in one official SW publication.

14. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    If you were reading carefully you would know that I change my original question.Read Please!

"What makes you think Heath is better actor than Hayden? Any of his works do not convince me. Just you say that is not any proof..."

Your opinion and your entitled to it but I will say this and I guarantee I'm right.
    If Epi 2 hadn't started production and nobody was cast and I had asked this question most of you would be singing a different tune and you know it.

I'm not going to get into if Heath's better than Hayden (I know the truth) but I do know that Heath done a dozen movie playing different character showing his versatility while *Anakin* has only done *two* movies playing the same character:a whiny teenager, so of course he will be a pro.

"I don't know who told you that Lucas turned down Phillipes but they're lying to you Phillips did indeed turn down the role and if you want a link I will give you one"

Why would he lie,If Lucas didn't choose him he would say "Lucas didn't cast me" he has no reason to lie about it,it's not like GL is the messiah of Hollywood or something.

Here a simple task that most of you won't do.

Go to IMDB.COM and type in AOTC and read the review from movie goer's(not critics)who are just wanted to watch a good movie and you will see that it's not just me *bashing* Hayden *acting* ability.

I'm a AOTC fan but I'm not a blind fan, everything isn't peachy-keen in that movie.

I dare all of you to go to IMDB.COM, I dare you (but you won't).

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I'm not going to get into if Heath's better than Hayden (I know the truth) but I do know that Heath done a dozen movie playing different character showing his versatility while *Anakin* has only done *two* movies playing the same character:a whiny teenager, so of course he will be a pro.

That's fine if you don't think Hayden is good. That's your opinion there.

I'm a AOTC fan but I'm not a blind fan, everything isn't peachy-keen in that movie.

Just because there are people that really enjoyed AOTC and really enjoyed HC's acting in AOTC does not make them BLIND. I wish people woudl stop saying things like that. We just have a different opinion then you. We jsut don't agree with what you say you did not like. You say HC was not good. Well other people thought he did a very good job and so on. Just because we don't see it yoru way does nto make us BLIND.

I dare all of you to go to IMDB.COM, I dare you (but you won't).

Your right because I don't really care what the people at IMDB.com have to say about AOTC

16. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    Anidanami124

If you had read my *LAST* post carefully instead of jumping to conclusion again, you could see that I told the gentleman he was entitled to his opinion and in no way on that post did I bash *Anakin*.

I have one question for you Anidanami124,please answer.

Is AOTC the perfect movie or does it have any type of flaws?

I mean just one or is it the best thing since slice bread.

I was directing people to IMDB to see that I'm not Hayden bashing to bash and you answer that question the way I thought you would "I don't care what people think".

Hayden probably a great guy and he is young so he will only improve in acting but he stinks right now (IMO,anidanami124,IMO).

17. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    "I'm not going to get into if Heath's better than Hayden (I know the truth)"

To echo ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, *sigh*

It may be the 'truth' - "from a certain point of view", namely, yours, and some others.

Another 'truth' is that Hayden is a better actor than Heath or whoever - from other people's point of view.

We don't need to go to IMDB to know that there are Hayden bashers out there, you're already doing a pretty good job here.

*this isn't the thread you're looking for*

18. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    It may be the 'truth' - "from a certain point of view", namely, yours, and some others.

Another 'truth' is that Hayden is a better actor than Heath or whoever - from other people's point of view.

We don't need to go to IMDB to know that there are Hayden bashers out there, you're already doing a pretty good job here.

^What Sister_sola said

19. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think I'm the only person in this thread that voted for Leo and his acting abilities. What is so wrong with him? Is it the fact he was in "Titanic" that has caused so much backlash?

I prefer Hayden but think Leo would've been good as well. He certainly can act. He doesn't strike me as being physically imposing or potentially "larger-than-life" though. I think Titanic backlash is why many fanboys still dislike him.
    Heath Ledger is a decent actor and has some charisma. (I'm a little surprised to find that I've seen all but 1 of his movies and don't think he carried any of them). I personally find his characters a little too mature for the role of a coming-of-age young adult. Besides he hates the prequels and has said there's no way he'd ever appear in one.

If Hayden couldn't do Ep III for whatever reason, the actor I'd like to see would be the guy from Spider-man who played the Green Goblin's son.

Go to IMDB.COM and type in AOTC and read the review from movie goer's(not critics)who are just wanted to watch a good movie and you will see that it's not just me *bashing* Hayden *acting* ability.

Who cares?

20. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    "We don't need to go to IMDB to know that there are Hayden bashers out there, you're already doing a pretty good job here"

Whatever

If you weren't so quick to judge and just go to the site you could find some *Anakin* lovers on the site too,It's a movie site.There are two different points of view here sistercola so let's agree to disagree, okay.

21. rgard32

rgard32 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2003
    Well im sure MONEY had something to do with gettin Hayden..Instead of someone else......

22. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Yep, we disagree alright.

You can stop calling me sistercola now, 'preciate it.

23. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    Anidanami124

I am not trying to rush you but you still have not anwser my question.

I know it's a hard question to anwser but I'm so looking foward to your anwser!.

Thank you
    Du365
    July 9,2003

P.S.- You can anwser this too Sister,this is not a bash post.

24. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002

Hmmmmmm let's see well I don't really feel like answering it. Because the only flaw is such a small one it does not really need to be said. And here's how you can figure it out to. Thin back to TPM and the oen character that very few people like. Heck even the people who like TPM don't like this character a whole lot.

25. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    Alright Anidanami124

We are finally on the same page, you finally found a flaw and here I thought you didn't have it you.

We can enjoy AOTC as long as we can put the good and bad in it's proper perspective.

Attack of the clones forever!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.