main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Who would like to have a chapter event to fundraise for the tsunami relief?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Vishnu, Jan 28, 2005.

?

Who would like to have a chapter event to fundraise for the tsunami relief?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes.

100.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, (Post Explanation)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
  2. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    I think this not only would be fun, but also would set a standard for our self and other to follow. Every little bit of money the Red Cross get help the tsunami victims A LOT! Just any idea though and since the Idea thread was closed I figured I would post a poll to spice board up a bit.

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I vote yes, but I'm not great at organizing fundraisers. (Jeez, Nate, you get net access for a day and you spam just about everything.)

(I'm so proud of you.)

It is a great cause, though.

4. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Nate had.....dare I say it?.....a good idea....

:eek:

It's amazing. Mark your calendars!

I'm all for it.

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If the group wants to do a fundraiser for this thats fine however we need approval from the red cross that we can collect in their name. Not to mention a venue for this.

Anyone already have an idea for this?

EDIT: I have no idea why the idea thread was l;ocked - I just unlocked it :)

6. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Ok, I'll see what I can do. Can we please keep this topic in here since we already stared it?

Edit: Another idea, For those of us that can, maybe donating a little blood to help also. I might be able to get a hold of out loca paper and tell them whats going on and they could help us set up a fund where poeple could send donations to.

7. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I hate needles. x.x

8. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Awww there not that bad, I personally like giveing blood. And as for the little prick- if it saves a life I'll take the pain.

9. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    *remembers this is a family board and decides not to make comment about the little prick in regards to Nate*

I'd prefer to keep my blood right where it is, thanks. Not that it's a bad idea, I encourage it, but it's not really my thing. You should see me when they try and stick me with an IV in the hospital. Hoo boy.

10. Darth_Vishnu

Jan 12, 2003
    Change of plans, even how odd it sounds Red Cross is no longer asking charity event donations for tsunami relief. Though a point was brought up on the phone saying that donations for the national disaster funds. I would like to do that. They brought up a good point all people are doing is sending money overseas. No money is staying local in the US. So what do you think?

11. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    http://www.freedomcorps.gov

They've got a lsit of charities that accept donations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.