main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would like to see a "Godfather Part II" style novel (Padme / Leia)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Who would like to see a novel featuring Padme Amidala and Leia Organa, in the similar vein to "Godfather Part II", in that the story jumps back and forth between generations?!

Perhaps each differing chapter could be devoted to Padme, then Leia... detailing perhaps a common political foe?!

Would you like to see this?

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Only if it involves Leia killing her brother while he's on a fishing trip ;)

wk

3. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    This is perhaps the single GREATEST idea I've heard in a long time!! (But shouldn't this have gone in your other "books to see" thread?) This could really work! The simularities of their planets, royality, and such could allow for a really great story if told by the right person. But then, what common enemy could they ever have? It'd be fairly interesting to see Padme get seduced by Xizor or something, but then that couldn't work for Leia's story anymore. :(

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It could work extraordinarily well but if it ever happens it will not be until 2005 in all likelihood.

I suspect we will not get really good bridge novels of Prequel-Original and Ep I-II, Ep II-III stories until after the films have been made and seen. This idea is excelent, for to cover the Preqels, the story needs to span a great many years and so be considerably more ambiotious than previous stories. We are talking of at least 30 years, 50-60 if it was to go as far as post-NJO.

I'd like to see it though.

Jedi Ben

5. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the feedback... the idea just popped into my head... and I thought, hey - this can work! :)

6. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "It'd be fairly interesting to see Padme get seduced by Xizor or something, but then that couldn't work for Leia's story anymore."

Xizor's father could be used... :p

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    I thought Xizor was like a hundred or something anyway? No daddy's needed... he could woo her himself! (Maybe that's what pissed off Ani [face_shocked])

Who are some other villians that fall into both time periods? The Hutts and Palpatine, obviously. Hmmm... Tarkin? Yup, Leia seemed to know the guy in ANH (I should have known you'd be holding Vader's leash.) At least she knows OF him. Maybe something pre-Rouge Planet for Padme?

8. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    [face_plain]

[face_plain]

[face_plain]

[hangs himself]

argh...

Woops... My bad... I did not thought about Xizor's age. Yeah, let's have Xizor [beeeep] Padmé...

9. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    :confused: Erm... we definetly need an EU-therapy forum.

10. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
  11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I second that theoripy notion, I need it too...

12. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    It would be an interesting story. It could be very intropective. Perhaps it could explore each youngwoman's idea of love as we get personal insight to the thoughts and feelings of the two characters as they consider the men they love and the feelings they have. The introspective idea would work well on a number of subjects: Politics, motherhood ect.. It would also be interesting if the story began as Leia learns about her mother and her life and the decisions she makes. It would be a good setting because we could see Leia's reaction. I've often wondered how she would react if she learned that it was her mother who put Palpatine in power.

13. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Any other ideas for cross-generational stories?

14. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Anakin and Luke maybe? Also with the Leia/Padme one they could take place around the time that Padme has twins and around the time that Leia has twins and we'd see how they handeled things the same or different.

15. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think this is a great idea. I liked it in the original Godfather novel and even more when the scenes were included in the movie's sequel. I think it could work quite well from the both Padme and Leia's perspective, and I also like the idea of one with Anakin and Luke. Ah, the possiblilities...

16. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

and up we go...

17. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    I love this idea. I think this could really work. I would especially like to see a real world version where Nat hooks up with... me.

18. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    :D This is the single funniest thread i've seen in a long time!!!!!!

19. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What is funny about it?

20. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i dunno it just is. i actually like yer idea for a book, if that's what yer worried about.

21. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    No.

No.

No again.

No some more.

Some more no.

No.

22. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    At least s/he gave well concieved and pertinant reasons as to why s/he disagrees! :D

23. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
  24. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I think it is a *very* neat idea, Gatherer. :D And it would be a good way to have the first ladies of Star Wars shine for a little while. :)

25. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I must appologize for my utter dislike of the idea Gatherer...

My hatred for Leia's character blinds my judgement. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.