main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would like to see a Tie fighter book series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Soontir-Fel, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    With the expliots of the 181st

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
  3. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Only if it completely adapted the computer game of the same name (and reprinted the stuff that already is adapted)

4. maddjedi21

maddjedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    I would. I would think it would be an excellent addition to the book series that they have out already such as Rogue Squadron!

5. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Can I get a rousing HELL YES!??

HELL YES!!!!

6. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i would normaly yell out another Hell Yes...but......it just wouldn't be as good as the x-wings......you can't have the humor or the triumphant feeling with the characters discussing their victories...or sympathy with their failures......i liked the TIE game...but not for the same reason books would be good...i liked it for what i could do in the game...not for the characters or the plot sequence that was happening around me...and is whats imporatant in a book......it probobly won't work...

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Imp pilots dont have the same emotions and the like. No female pilots, no alien. Straght away, a feel is lost.

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Both Shira Brie and whatsherface from RS3D were Rogue material...

come to think of it...they should've made her Shira Brie in the game.

9. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    ...Kasan Moor.

Didn't Shira join the Alliance AFTER Hoth though?

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes I think so mav. I think she joined after hoth.

11. WhistlerX-Wing

WhistlerX-Wing Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    No way, characters would die rather quickly in the series. Think about it, no shields and no ejection system... don't get attached.

12. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Really, it be like every book we would get a new wing commander or something. Plus, like Reaper said, they don't have the same kind of emotions or humor and it's straight human.

However, I do believe that there were some female pilots, just none in the 181st that I knew of.

13. Communista

Communista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2001
    Oh, Hell Yes!!!!

Sure there are few women, there are more pilot deaths per chapter than in the whole NJO, and they're all brainwashed bastards.

But don't we want to explore their hopes and dreams? Find out what makes the enemy tick? Pry into their sex lives? Watch the humourous scenes when they try to explain to Vader why 60 TIE's just got destroyed and they alone survived.

Done properly, and with a wee bit greater scope than the X-Wing Books (like the TIE game in that regard) it would be GREAT!

adious amigos

14. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd love to see it!

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Besides, the 181st squad is the best. They are not like other TIE pilots, and I believe that they do have emotions about their buddies. I wrote a fanfic about a TIE pilot entitled TIE Pilot. (0-K he does go to the Republic, but after a while.)

16. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    You're forgetting that (for the most part) the 181st is heartless tyrants.

17. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    You're forgetting that (for the most part) the 181st is heartless tyrants.

Since when? They've been misled, lied to, etc. And they've been Imperial. But Phennir certainly has a heart (even if it's in the wrong place), and they're not tyrants at all.

18. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    the problem is for me, is that, for it to be a good story, the TIE's would have to win, and then that would mean IF they were fighting against the rebellion, a bunch of x-wing pilots would lose their lives.

unless of course they were fighting against something in the unknown regions or something. that could work because Fel was stationed on Borleais for a while (Blood and Honour) and that planet is fairly close to the UR.
    still, my understanding was that the 181st unit usually fought against the rebellion.

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    If it's as well written as the X-Wing books were, I'm all for it. :)

Those books rocked! :D

~*~Bria

20. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I'd read them.

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Gee, they can simply explain away the moral vacuum as that the Tie Fighter squads were merely preparing for a larger, more dangerous threat to the galaxy coming from the Unexplored Regions. [face_plain] That way, everyone can smile, nod and simply accept them as honorable and misunderstood good guys because of that.

Either that or something equally ridiculous like Palpatine never allowing the TIE Fighter squads to be evil or good. He had them exist in between. [face_plain]

22. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    Or they could write them as cold-hearted b******'s and tell about their ruthless exploits throughout the galaxy.

Just a thought.

Either way, it's not going to happen. But if it should I'd read them.

23. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    That's the bad thing. Every Imperial with a modicum of talent either ends up being ''good'' or ''misled''. I'd LOVE to see a book about Maarek Stele blowing the **** out of Rebels, but he'd end up turning to to the Republic after witnessing some cruelty, e.g an elderly guy on a conquered colony getting backfisted by laughing Imperial officers. Maarek Stele leaps in, slaps them about, ends up on the run, goes to the NR. Bleurgh.

24. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    the problem is for me, is that, for it to be a good story, the TIE's would have to win, and then that would mean IF they were fighting against the rebellion, a bunch of x-wing pilots would lose their lives.

This isn't a problem for me. 95% of the time we see the Rebellion kicking arse, but then we're told and expected to believe that they actually did take heavy casualties in the Galactic Civil War. It would be refreshing to actually see some competent Imperials once in a while. The Rebellion wasn't magically blessed. Many fine people lost their lives. We should see some more of that.

25. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I'd love it. Of course, perhaps TIE interceptors, or maybe defenders in something after BoE. And why must we talk about the 181 Tie squad? Make a new one. Not the best, but no where neer the worst. Something like that. Planety of stuff has taken place you haven't seen in books or movies, think about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.